talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

He took his ball and went home... Further Developments

Post by BBMarley »

From the Philadelphia Inquirer:

Report: Owens leaves Eagles camp

There are reports this afternoon that wide receiver Terrell Owens exchanged words with Head Coach Andy Reid at a team meeting and was asked to leave.

Owens then got his belongings and cleared out of Eagles training camp at Lehigh University, according to one television report.

The Inquirer will update and confirm this information as soon as possible.

What a goddamn baby!
Last edited by BBMarley on Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Are you sure the movie Million Dollar Baby isn't the Terrell Owens autobiography??
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

The Assassin wrote:Are you sure the movie Million Dollar Baby isn't the Terrell Owens autobiography??
Well- with the way I feel right now- I wouldn't be too heart broken if he fell and hit his neck on a stool.

Of course- once I calm down- I'll start looking for reasons.

Anyone want to lay odds on when we will get the inevitable - "Terrell had to leave camp for a family emergency and was allowed to do so?"
Last edited by BBMarley on Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

BBMarley wrote:
The Assassin wrote:Are you sure the movie Million Dollar Baby isn't the Terrell Owens autobiography??
Well- with the way I feel right now- I wouldn't be too heart broken if he fell and hit his neck on a stool.

Anyone want to be when we will get the inevitable - "Terrell had to leave camp for a family emergency and was allowed to do so?"

Oh thanks SOO much for giving away the ending!!I just rented it today. :x :x :x
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

The Assassin wrote:
BBMarley wrote:

Anyone want to be when we will get the inevitable - "Terrell had to leave camp for a family emergency and was allowed to do so?"

Damn- if you're serious- I'm sorry! (But hey- its not the end!)
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

BBMarley wrote:
The Assassin wrote:
BBMarley wrote: Well- with the way I feel right now- I wouldn't be too heart broken if he fell and hit his neck on a stool.

Ive read the movie ending on like 10 different webpages. I did rent it though.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

The Assassin wrote:
BBMarley wrote:
The Assassin wrote:

Ive read the movie ending on like 10 different webpages. I did rent it though.
Made me feel like an asshole! lol
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

More Developments-

http://www.nbc10.com/sports/4834383/detail.html

Autographs??????
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Nigga gots to do what a nigga gots to do

-sin
Rickey Williams
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

Dear Philly,

Thank you.

Sin,

RavensFan
Now pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the fucking car.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Look up Nig in the Dictionary and you got T.O.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

I NEED MORE COWBELL!
Striving to be a victim of Polly's plagiarizing ways.
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

Everbody referring to T.O. as a mvscal.....Huge Props!
This fucker wrote the book on being a spook..His grandma had to raise him because his parents didn't even want him....ship him off to the CFL
Louis Cyphre
Elwood

Post by Louis Cyphre »

You can't spell TOOL without TO!
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

mvscal wrote: He's a prima donna and a cancerous jackass, but I don't remember any stories about him running around beating his wife, getting arrested, stealing shit or otherwise fucking up.
Very true MVS... other than being a money hungry, egostitical asshole- he has no probelms. He spends all his time with his family, takes care of his sick grandmother, loves his kids very much... generally an all around good guy.
mvscal wrote: I don't remember any stories about him running around beating his wife, getting arrested, stealing shit or otherwise fucking up.
Fucking pussy!

Sin,
Randy McMichael, Randy Moss and Jamal Lewis
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

mvscal mvscal mvscal
Striving to be a victim of Polly's plagiarizing ways.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Owens asked not to come back for a weekESPN.com news services
Related Video:
Not even a frew questions can stop his workout

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- All-Pro wide receiver Terrell Owens left Philadelphia Eagles training camp Wednesday after being suspended until next Wednesday by coach Andy Reid. Theismann on Eagles
Wednesday, Aug. 10

Theismann

I'm not sure what happened to cause Terrell Owens to leave camp, but I am pretty sure of the consequences and that is that the Eagles are short on veteran receivers.
This team wasn't going into the season with a great set of receivers even with T.O. with last week's loss of Todd Pinkston to injury, but this incident will set the Eagles offense back.

Eagles' executive Joe Banner and coach Andy Reid have to start looking around the league to find a veteran receiver to come in and play just a month before the season starts. To successfully transition a new guy in to Reid's system they should look at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Seattle Seahawks and the Green Bay Packers because they run similar systems. That's imperative because of the nature of Reid's system and also because of the lack of time to get ready that they find someone who can walk in and have an idea of what's going on in the playbook.

Looking forward the Eagles may not be in terribly bad shape if the Eagles have to go the entire season without Owens. They are primarily a defensive team anyway and will still have Donovan McNabb, who has played without top-notch receivers his entire career with the exception of last season, helming the offense. This isn't a team like the Packers who will rely on their offense to win games. The Eagles can win those 13-10 ballgames because of their defense and will do it this year if they must. Also, Coach Reid is a very good play caller and will put McNabb in favorable positions regardless of who is at the receiver position.

All in all this isn't the time for Eagles fans to panic.

Joe Theismann, a Super Bowl-winning QB and former NFL MVP, is a regular contributor to Insider.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported Reid told Owens to leave after Owens "dropped an expletive" on him during a heated exchange about the wide receiver's practice session that was conducted apart from the team. Owens then left for his Moorestown, N.J., home where media members found him later Wednesday.

"I got sent home until Wednesday for whatever reason," Owens told Comcast SportsNet for a TV interview from his front lawn. "It was just a difference of opinion. I was defending myself."

Comcast SportsNet reported the disagreement occurred during a team meeting. Owens then got his belongings and cleared out of training camp at Lehigh University.

"T.O. was asked to leave by Andy Reid," Owens' publicist Kim Etheredge said. "I don't think that it was heated, it was a difference of opinion. I don't know if there was an argument."

Owens did not say what the argument was about.

"If the truth needs to be told, then that's what I'll do," Owens said. "If he [Reid] wants me to be a man about it and have me really go on the air and really tell the people what happened, then I can. It was a difference of opinion."

The Eagles responded with a brief statement:

"Terrell Owens has been sent home from training camp due to undisclosed team issues. He is expected to return to the team on Wednesday, August 17th."

Owens' agent Drew Rosenhaus said: "Basically, the coach told him he should take a rest and get some rehab and [Reid] would get back to him in a few days."

Owens is unhappy the Eagles have refused to redo his contract as he enters the second season of a seven-year, $48.97 million deal. He hired Rosenhaus and threatened to skip camp completely. Instead, Owens reported, then injured his groin last Thursday.

He was day to day and the injury wasn't considered serious, but he missed practice Wednesday for the fifth time in six days.

Owens worked out with the team's assistant trainer for about 20 minutes on a separate playing field from his teammates, catching balls from a machine and doing some light running. He did not speak to reporters or acknowledge the fans who chanted his name.

Owens also skipped a scheduled autograph session with the rest of the Eagles' receivers after practice.

"He was unable to attend because he was injured," Etheredge said.

Owens said the fans have been great, but he didn't sign autographs at the tent because he was rehabbing his groin. He also said he was having fun at camp, even if it didn't look that way.

Since arriving at camp Owens has been distant on the field with his teammates. After signing autographs and slapping hands with fans on a nearly daily basis at last year's camp, Owens has jogged on and off the practice field without much acknowledgment of their chants and screams of support.

"Just because I don't talk to everybody, that's up to me," Owens said. "Everybody needs to understand the situation is all business, it's nothing personal. The situation is between me and management. They know what's going on."I think some people are kind of ticked off because I haven't really said much. They don't pay me to go in there and talk to everybody and be friendly to everybody. They paid me to play and they paid me to perform. That's what I've been going in there and doing."

The Eagles had a special teams practice Wednesday afternoon and Owens was not required to attend.

Last season, Owens had 77 receptions for 1,200 yards and a franchise-record 14 touchdowns before severely injuring his ankle late in the season. He missed the final two regular-season games and the first two playoff games before returning for the Super Bowl, in which he had nine receptions for 122 yards.

While Owens has been an off-field distraction, the Eagles sorely need his production. Todd Pinkston is on injured reserve and out for the season with a torn Achilles' tendon, and the rest of the wide receivers -- Greg Lewis, Billy McMullen, and Reggie Brown -- are young and inexperienced.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Defending himself from what? Being a team player? Not only is this asshole burning bridges he's pissing on their ashes.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro

Post by Guest »

'bode Owens

Be careful what you wish for Philly fan.

:lol:

Now you need him and he is holding all the cards.

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

icantstopfarting wrote:'bode Owens

really? How so? Granted Pinky is out for the season but he only had 1 TD last year. Owens is under contract and once the season starts he'll shut the fuck up and play.

Now if this were Westbrook pulling this shit I might agree with you.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

jiminphilly wrote:

really? How so? Granted Pinky is out for the season but he only had 1 TD last year. Owens is under contract and once the season starts he'll shut the fuck up and play.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck with that...

Sincerely,

Ninerfan

m2
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

He took his ball and went home...

Thread title implies that he has a ball.

Me thinks not.
FaTaL
Jake

Post by FaTaL »

jiminphilly wrote:

u actually believe that crap? hes going to tank the season if he doesnt get a new deal.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

FaTaL wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:

u actually believe that crap? hes going to tank the season if he doesnt get a new deal.
and ruin whatever glimmer of hope he would ever have of playing in the NFL again? I don't think so.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

m2 wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck with that...

Sincerely,

Ninerfan

m2
He will if he wants out of Philly and a new contract elsehwere. If not, his career in the NFL is over. Period. Owens is too stupid to realize his career is on the line right now. He's not some 25 year old hot head who could still mature. He's 31 and on his way out of the league.

Remember this quote from the owner of the Falcons?

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet.co ... p?ID=12396
"He’s a great player. I don’t know him personally, but certainly as an athlete, he’s outstanding. We don’t need those kind of distractions on our club, and I don’t know of any club that really wants to deal with them," Blank said. "I think that’s a decision that obviously the coach, (general manager) Rich McKay and myself would be making. But, we’ve worked hard at building a certain kind of chemistry in our locker room. I think that’s very, very important. It’s an important part of the reason we got as far as we did this last year. We want to make sure we keep that going forward.

I'm thinking a lot, if not most owners, share the same sentiment as Blank. And what TO pulled yesterday is making it even harder for a team to consider trading or signing him next year.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

FaTaL wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:

No he won't- he's not Randy Moss who half asses his way up and down the field when he gets a bug up his ass. Even when he was having all his problems in San Fran- he always gave 110% on the field every time. TO does not know how to slack when it comes to that. Will he be a PITA on the sidelines and in the locker room- most likely... but reports are the other players are getting very tired of his shite as well and there maybe some reprecussions if he tries to keep this up