Amazing amount of talent from one game

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Amazing amount of talent from one game

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

saw a column out of the columbus dispatch...they broke down the 2002 Fiesta Bowl...amazing the amount of starters drafted and reserves and to think the whole OSU defense was drafted over two years...WOW!

can anyone recall any other bowl game where 38 of 42 starters are currently in the NFL?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: Amazing amount of talent from one game

Post by indyfrisco »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:can anyone recall any other bowl game where 38 of 42 starters are currently in the NFL?
2004/2005 Super Bowl? :lol:
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

that IS pretty amazing. another non-bowl game like that is the Michigan-Colorado game with the "catch" to end it at the Big House. every player seems is/was in the NFL.

saw that on ESPN Classic not so long ago and was pretty impressed.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

King Crimson wrote:that IS pretty amazing. another non-bowl game like that is the Michigan-Colorado game with the "catch" to end it at the Big House. every player seems is/was in the NFL.

saw that on ESPN Classic not so long ago and was pretty impressed.
'88 ND/Miami. ND had 20 of it's 22 starters drafted into the NFL. I'm sure Miami had close to that as well.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

The 96 Title game with FSU/UF, had at least 25, but that Miami/OSU was awesome to watch. Def the two most talented teams. Man, Butch Davis and Cooper could recruit.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Cicero wrote:The 96 Title game with FSU/UF, had at least 25, but that Miami/OSU was awesome to watch. Def the two most talented teams. Man, Butch Davis and Cooper could recruit.
Just about every Miami/FSU game in the last 15 years has had about 25 players go on to the NFL.

38 of 42...that is awesome! That was one year where the best teams made it to the BCS game with no complaints.
Even though GJones ran all over Miami that year, they still found away to beat us :evil:
And even though OSU looked like sh-t the entire season, they simply never lost a game.
IMO that was the best bowl game I've ever seen.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

The Chief wrote:Cicero wrote:
The 96 Title game with FSU/UF, had at least 25, but that Miami/OSU was awesome to watch. Def the two most talented teams. Man, Butch Davis and Cooper could recruit.

Just about every Miami/FSU game in the last 15 years has had about 25 players go on to the NFL.

38 of 42...that is awesome! That was one year where the best teams made it to the BCS game with no complaints.
Even though GJones ran all over Miami that year, they still found away to beat us
And even though OSU looked like sh-t the entire season, they simply never lost a game.
IMO that was the best bowl game I've ever seen.
OSU looked like what? man the fact that your linebackers blow monkey cock really must be clouding your judgement! :P

they murdered Texas Tech, Bitch Slapped Washington State, and beat scUM and all comers...i wouldn't have cared if they won every game 3-2...14-0 baby!

Cicero...some of the freshman that year were Tressel recruits...Mo C, Mangold, Sims, Hawk, etc...but the lion share of the players were coopers...
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

TheChief wrote: And even though OSU looked like sh-t the entire season, they simply never lost a game.
Yes, truly OSU's greatest strength in '02 was its vulnerability. Every time they were backed against the edge of the cliff, they gave their opponents a nice big shitburger to eat. Greatest clutch team of all time.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^^agreed...

what about the 02 or 03 Sugar with Miami and Bama...if memory serves me correctly didn't the Gangstas have a lot of guys go pro from that team and Bama was no slouch either???
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Believe the Heupel wrote:85 OU/Miami had a lot of talent on the field, including Troy Aikman, Keith Jackson, Alonzo Highsmith, Vinny Testaverde, Brian Bosworth, Dante Jones, Kevin Murphy, etc etc etc.
Jerome Brown, Michael Irvin, Tony Casillas, Spencer Tillman, Lydell Carr, Jamelle Holieway, maybe the Blades brothers.....etc.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

buckeye_in_sc wrote: OSU looked like what? man the fact that your linebackers blow monkey cock really must be clouding your judgement! :P

they murdered Texas Tech, Bitch Slapped Washington State, and beat scUM and all comers...i wouldn't have cared if they won every game 3-2...14-0 baby!

Cicero...some of the freshman that year were Tressel recruits...Mo C, Mangold, Sims, Hawk, etc...but the lion share of the players were coopers...
Yes, found out today that both AJ and Ernie will start against Miami! So I am a bit clouded...but like on cloud 9! I'm sayin there's a chance!

That was the point I was making, no disrespect at all, 14 -0 is ridiculous and the MNC was well deserved. OSU did not look that good that year period, they nearly got beat by NC State, Purdue, MiamiOH...etc...but they knew how to win and that is all that matters as scUM found out. The rest is history!
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^could start having trix syndrome... :shock:

actually in 02 tOSU did not play NC State or Miami of OH...they almost got beat by Cincy, Purdue and Illinois...and PSU...

good news on the LB's...for ya...

now if you can only get rid of Jeff Bowden right?
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:^^^^could start having trix syndrome... :shock:

actually in 02 tOSU did not play NC State or Miami of OH...they almost got beat by Cincy, Purdue and Illinois...and PSU...

good news on the LB's...for ya...

now if you can only get rid of Jeff Bowden right?
Shit! I'm sorry man, that wont happen again. The years are fuzzy, but you knew what I meant :D

Jeff is only leaving when Bobby does, could be soon, could be 2015. :(
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

TheChief wrote:OSU did not look that good that year period, they nearly got beat by NC State, Purdue, MiamiOH...etc...but they knew how to win and that is all that matters as scUM found out. The rest is history!
Memories....good times.... :lol:
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:Memories....good times.... :lol:
^^^Indeed :D
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield