What has you stoked?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

TheChief
Elwood

What has you stoked?

Post by TheChief »

Outside of your own team, what has you excited for the 2005 CFB season?

I for one can't wait to see how Weis and Meyer handle their new positions and I also lie in wait hoping to God that Kyle Wright falls flat on his face for scUM.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Help making trix a bigger board bitch...

the sweater vested warrior running his record to 4-1vs the wolverettes...

ginn jr winning the heisman...

vince young getting his ass kicked by the best starting LB's in the nation on Sept 10th...
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

^^^I'll accept the first sentence. :lol:

Maybe my hick talk didn't translate, "Outside of your own team" means things you look forward to that do not pertain or relate to your favorite FB team.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

The fact that I now have TIVO and when I'm out at soccer games all day on Saturday I won't have to miss EVERY GD one of them except for the crappy Pac-10 game late at night.

I'm also psyched about going to the ND-Syracuse game, then the Bears game that following Sunday then the Packers-Vikes game theat Monday night. That's gonna suck real bad.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'm actually pretty excited about the Pitt v. ND matchup to begin the season. I'm hoping to attend.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I'm really excited that TheChief will be purchasing ESPN Gameplan again this year. :P I'll pitch in some if I am allowed out of the house.

Looking forward to t.u. actually winning the Red River matchup as well as the OSU game because I want both t.u. and A&M to be undefeated going into T+1.

Very interested to see USC without Chow.

Interested in Floriduh and how Meyer's offense holds up in the SEC.

And most of all (and can't believe I'm the first to mention this :x ), I can't wait for the 2005 College Football Pick'em Games!
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

ok looking forward to Jeff Bowden leading one of the most explosive offenses in the country.... :roll:

ok ok...i look forward to seeing if Texas can really supplant OU in the B12 South...

Trev Alberts actually having a clue...

Weis at ND...I think he may surprise a lot of people this year...

Les Miles at LSU...how will he perform on a much bigger stage...

and I look forward to the best LB's in the nation crushing that pussy vince young... :D
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

[quote="buckeye_in_sc"]ok looking forward to Jeff Bowden leading one of the most explosive offenses in the country.... :roll:

Here's to hoping he can at least read :wink:
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Definitely looking forward to my first trip to the Big House, against ND on 9/10.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Looking forward to being in South Bend later this year.

Want to see how badly Willingham does at Washington.

Hope to see Weis and Meyer do well in their first years.

Hope to go undefeated and face Ohio State in the Rose Bowl...the way it should be.

NOT looking forward to the inevitable BCS whining which will surface somewhere around mid-season, per usual.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:Looking forward to being in South Bend later this year.

Want to see how badly Willingham does at Washington.

Hope to see Weis and Meyer do well in their first years.
Unfortunately, I won't be in Notre Dame on 10/15/05. One of my oldest friends is getting married. But should ND and USC be undefeated, I may skip out.

I agree whole-hartedly with your next two points.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Any line you have on tix would be greatly appreciated Killian- I am working some other ND connections I have and will of course enter the lottery on my side.

Willingham was a fraud and this little experiment in Seattle will finally prove it to the doubters. :wink:
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:Willingham was a fraud and this little experiment in Seattle will finally prove it to the doubters.
I agree. I look forward to not having to watch the NBC promos of Willingham holding up his index finger.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Degenerate wrote:Definitely looking forward to my first trip to the Big House, against ND on 9/10.
Make sure you use the restroom before you go into the 'hole' or else you'll miss the entire first half.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

I'll see what I can do Jimmy, but it's gonna be tough. I think 10% of the people who applied for USC tickets got them. And if ND is doing well, forget it. I'll see what I can do. Shoot me a PM closer to game time and let me know how much you would be willing to drop on a ticket.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I'm looking forward to seeing some highly recruited young QBs finally taking the field. Bomar at OU, Olson at UCLA, Brohm at Lville, Wright at Miami and Lee/Weatherford at FSU.

Also, I am looking forward to Leinart proving people wrong and winning the Heisman despite Chow.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

1. That we're only about a month and a half away.

2. That Karl Dorrell has a talented team this year, and if he doesn't
win at least 8 w/major bowl, he will probably be gone.

3. That Karl Dorrell has brought in talent and should excel.

4. That I believe huge 'bode will be had on this board after Bruins beat
Sooners.

5. That babs' face will toughen up by end of Sept. due to excessive bitchslapping by everyone and anyone that posts here.

6. That hoping Shaz the statman will cometh.

7. That MTCCH reincarnates or something.

8. That I can talk the wifey into attending a game in the midwest or
east and down a few in a new bar with fall colored leaves falling on the
ground outside to help cushion the fall.

9. That socaltrjan continues to post lucid, coherent takes and doesn't end up being Shmick afterall.

10. That Chargermike and Lax quit ducking me and decide to show up for a round of golf this summer.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I hope Mike Hart has a great Sophomore year
at Michigan---- a nice kid and a player !!
also hope that Syracuse gets to the Gator Bowl
and I can make the roadie to it and maybe
hook up with other FL "clones" at the game !!
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I think this will be the best Red River Shoot-Out in a long time.

Les Miles has put together a hell of a staff at LSU, I'm interested in seeing what they do in their first year.

Wannstadt was a great DC but twice a bust as an HC, I wonder what Pitt will look like.

Boise State, I love watching such a well-coached team, their noncon is a major bitch but they do have quite a few starters back, it'll be interesting to see what they do.

You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

5. New offensive scheme for Oregon. More spread, more speed....hopefully more points.

4. James Finley - Kid is a stud. Let's see how good.

3. Jonathon Stewert. Top high school running back. Hopefully he gets enough carries to show some stuff.

2. Cal - This is an interesting year to judge how good of a coach Tedford is, IMO. If he is is truly a great coach, deserving of all the attention he's gotten, he will keep Cal in the top couple spots in the conference. If Cal drops to a 6 or 7 win team this year, he's just a pretty good coach, IMO. He would then have a similar 4 year record to ASU's Dirk Koetter, who isn't thought of as a great coach at all.

1. Oregon over USC, September 24th.....Book it!

I suppose I should throw my wedding, October 21st in there somewhere too...But not above the USC game.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

in a perverse way: looking forward to the latest chapter in the Gary Barnett/Colorado football saga. being up close to it, and an impartial observer.....something really screwy and bizarre will happen. it's always great drama at CU---sometimes tragedy, sometimes comedy.

watching the farcical Big XII North play out will be interesting--no one has any clue.

not sure about Dorrell overall, but Seer is right. a Bruin W agin OU would be serious bode up in this bitch. i do think most Sooner fans are taking the UCLA game too lightly.
Last edited by King Crimson on Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

JayDuck wrote:5. New offensive scheme for Oregon. More spread, more speed....hopefully more points.

3. Jonathon Stewert. Top high school running back. Hopefully he gets enough carries to show some stuff.

2. Cal - This is an interesting year to judge how good of a coach Tedford is, IMO. If he is is truly a great coach, deserving of all the attention he's gotten, he will keep Cal in the top couple spots in the conference. If Cal drops to a 6 or 7 win team this year, he's just a pretty good coach, IMO. He would then have a similar 4 year record to ASU's Dirk Koetter, who isn't thought of as a great coach at all.

I suppose I should throw my wedding, October 21st in there somewhere too...But not above the USC game.

Could be deja vu, but didn't you get married last year too?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

The Seer wrote:
JayDuck wrote:5. New offensive scheme for Oregon. More spread, more speed....hopefully more points.

Could be deja vu, but didn't you get married last year too?

no
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:Trev Alberts actually having a clue...
Good luck with that.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

The Return of Terry Caulley (sp?) to UConn. He was shredding the compition 2 years ago before his injury.

Along those same lines wheather or not UConn can come in and compete for the Big East title immediatly. I think it could happen.

The development of Erik Ainge at QB for Tennessee and how well he and Meachum link up on the field.

Chris Leak in the Urban Meyer Offense.

Mike Gundy as the HC at Oklahoma State. It scares me that Les is gone; I think there is a very good possibilty that Oklahoma State got the better end of shipping him down to Baton Rouge.

Can LSU even win the SEC West much less obtain all the preseason hype that has been bestowed upon them? Les Miles is no Larry Coker.

Utah's team in General. Will they still be competitive or will they return immediatly to the pre Urban days?

Can Brad Smith ever live up to the hype?

Will Vince Young learn to pass?

Big 12 North Tard fight. Who will garner the right to be slaughtered by the South Champion?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

RadioFan wrote:
buckeye_in_sc wrote:Trev Alberts actually having a clue...
Good luck with that.
Go to espn.com. You'll see some links on the right side for video of Trev and his picks for Top 5 overrated and Top 5 underrated.

I think his top 5 overrated were:

1. Miami
2. Tenn
3. Georgia
4. Oklahoma
5. Notre Dame
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

e: Bloom didn't play last year for CU.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Some very intriguing non-conference matchups (besides the obvious OSU-Texas game):

Oklahoma @ UCLA
Colorado @ Miami
Arizona St @ LSU
A&M @ Clemson
Boise St @ Georgia
Oregon St @ Louisville

Yet, at the same time, some non-conference schedules I won't be taking much interest in:

Michigan
Iowa
Missouri
Florida
Penn State
Cal
VaTech
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Ok, so it's unanimous. No one is stoked for the Pick'em Games besides me.

Pick'em Games are off this year.

Lefty and I thank you. :evil:
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

L45B wrote:
Degenerate wrote:Definitely looking forward to my first trip to the Big House, against ND on 9/10.
Make sure you use the restroom before you go into the 'hole' or else you'll miss the entire first half.
Funny you say that. I was at last year's UM-OSU game - my first trip to the 'Shoe - and the Wolverine fan behind me said that very same thing. Then dude proceeded to off himself right around the time Teddy Ginn was taking a punt return to the house.

Oh, and I'm all stoked about the SEC East now that Spurrier is back. Tennessee, Georgia and Florida have always made for some of the best CF games when facing each other. Here's hoping S. Carolina can add something to the mix.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Steve Smith, Dwayne Jarrett, Whitney Lewis and Patrick Turner lined up in a 4 WR formation and the other team calling a T/O cause they dont know who to cover
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Is Whitney actually playing? Thought that dude was ineligible again.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Here is what I am looking forward to seeing

Can Texas beat OU and win the Big 12
Can Texas take the next step and become a NC contender
Who will step up for Texas at WR
Who will emerge as the starting TB for Texas
Can Vince Young develop as a passer
Nebraska's offense
Will Texas stretch their win steak over the ags to 6
Oklahoma's qb situation
Texas Tech vs A&M - It's put up or shut up time for fran

Outside the Big 12

Who will be the starting QB at LSU
Which game will USC drop
Who will be this years Utah
What will be this years controversy in the BCS
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Funny you say that. I was at last year's UM-OSU game - my first trip to the 'Shoe - and the Wolverine fan behind me said that very same thing. Then dude proceeded to off himself right around the time Teddy Ginn was taking a punt return to the house.
No matter where you are sitting, Ohio Stadium makes it pretty convenient for you to leave your seat, hit the concession or restroom, and make it back without missing much of the game. The South Stands might be about the worst spot, but it's still not as bad as some of the better seats I've had at Michigan Stadium (and I've been there for non-OSU games).
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Cicero wrote:Is Whitney actually playing? Thought that dude was ineligible again.
Unknown at this point. His summer school grades will determine.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

L45B wrote:Some very intriguing non-conference matchups (besides the obvious OSU-Texas game):

A&M @ Clemson
Boise St @ Georgia
Oregon St @ Louisville

Can you imagine the response if you had posted these as intriguing say like 5 years ago? :shock:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Texas Tech plays the all-time wuss OOC schedule. it's amazing--or a Bill Snyder wet dream.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootba ... ule/TXTECH

Florida International
Sam Houston State
Indiana State

all in Lubbock.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

King Crimson wrote:Texas Tech plays the all-time wuss OOC schedule. it's amazing--or a Bill Snyder wet dream.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootba ... ule/TXTECH

Florida International
Sam Houston State
Indiana State

all in Lubbock.

I dont have a problem w/ it b/c they play in the toughest and best conference in all the land. OHH NELLY!!!! :roll:
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Degenerate wrote:Oh, and I'm all stoked about the SEC East now that Spurrier is back.
yup yup

Oh yeah, there is no shot in hell that UCLA beats OU. Any bets are welcome.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

seer....I'm not ducking anyone...the only thing I'm ducking is your errant golf shots.
I'm also stoked for the Nov. 18th weekend.
ND-Syracuse on Saturday
Bears-Panthers on Sunday
Packers-Vikes in Lambeau on Monday night.