BF2 killing is my business and business is good

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

BF2 killing is my business and business is good

Post by Rack Fu »

God this game is fun! I busted the 3,000 point mark with that one. Rack wasting time! :D

D-Copp, what's with you playing on German servers? Your connection to those servers has got to be terrible.
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

Believe it or not, my game still hasn't arrived, so I'm stuck playing on cracked servers until it does. I don't really care about points anyway since I'll never be able to play enough to advance that far. And some of the "stat whores" can ruin the game when they focus more on getting points than winning the battle.

I'll be looking for a good server with a group that is organized and uses squads effectively. The most fun I've had is with a good CO and squads that work together. I was in one squad that was all armor (2 M1A1s and 2 BTR-90s). We rolled across the map causing havoc, and since we had two engineers even when we took damage it was quickly repaired.

Have you tried the patch that came out today? I haven't had any issue with the game, but many have.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

I just installed the new patch. Probably won't play it until tomorrow.

I never had a problem with the last patch like others did.

I only average one hour per day, so I'm never going to get ranked real high either. Granted, I'm among the top 10% out of 500,000+ but nowhere on the level of the people that play for 10 hours per day. Some guys already have 8 or 9 days of game time in. :shock:

I like the stats so that I can pay attention to my team score, my kill/death ratio and my weapon accuracy. A good team working together makes for some great gaming.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

It's a good thing you don't have a family or important job to occupy your free time.

:roll:

I hate to agree with Raydah, but you really are a fucking dork.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

I've been on leave for the last three weeks, tool.

What part of "one hour per day" did you not understand? You spend three times that spelunking your boyfriend's pooper.

Win the Moron Lottery much?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

"I've been on leave for the last three weeks, tool. "

Don't let that crying in the background disturb your gaming, sport.

"What part of "one hour per day" did you not understand?"

Uh huh...sure.

Your wife must look like a cattle trailer/garbage truck collision for you not to be in divorce court already.
She'd probably get the $54,000 SUV in the settlement, anyway.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Martyred wrote:
Uh huh...sure.
Don't let facts get in the way of making yourself look like a complete ass.

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

You post a screenshot to show that you play BF2 one hour every day?

You passed the FBI psychological evaluation how exactly?

Your family must be so proud.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Martyred wrote:You post a screenshot to show that you play BF2 one hour every day?

You passed the FBI psychological evaluation how exactly?

Your family must be so proud.
You said "uh huh...sure" to the one hour per day. I posted that to prove you wrong and make you look stupid. Like I said earlier, don't let facts get in the way of you getting reamed.

IQ equivalent to room temperature much?

Nice job getting pummeled on this thread, dick-in-the-ass. Continue on if you must.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

You are the master at being pummeled, you big fucking baby.

Grow up, for fucks sake. If not for yourself, at least for your neglected family.
Christ, you're worse than BSpray. At least he shit his time away on the computer coming up with the occasional laugh for us.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Awwwww! Poor baby doesn't like to get run from a thread.

Thanks for the equivalent of "I know you are but what am I?" smack. What next? Are you going to call me a fag? If I'm lucky, maybe you'll smack me some more. You've done such a brilliant job so far. I'm going to go cower in fear due to this brutal beating that you gave me.

Let me recap this thread for you, turd hunter:

- You have to chime in about my family and my job, implyng that I'm neglecting those two responsibilities.

- I respond that I've been on leave from said job since BF2 came out, therefore, proving you wrong.

- I said that I only spend one hour per day playing BF2, therefore, nullifying your other implication that I'm not spending time with my wife or baby. Unless spending one hour per day is an outlandish amount of time. I doubt that you'll find anyone who believes that.

- You doubted the one hour per day claim.

- I provided definitive proof to the contrary.

- You proceed to melt and post twice more when the best course of action would have been to take your beating like a man and move on.

Way to bring your "A Game" to this one, slugger!
David_Copperfield
The Wizard

Post by David_Copperfield »

holy crap dude! impressive score! you've got like 3,000 points more than me..but then again, you have close to 30 hours more than me too though. I need to play more. I'm on a two week vacation now though so I might get some play time in...i just want a few ranks under my belt.

I have had no problem with any lag whatsoever. I dunno what servers i'm linking up to, just so long as they are ranked.

Your kills/deaths ratio is impressive too...you're good dude.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

You should care what servers you're playing on. Your ping is one of the most important factors (outside of actual skill) when it comes to playing shooter games online.

Your ping to Euro servers has got to be at least 300-500ms. In very basic terms, you have a built in 1/3 to 1/2 second delay for every action you take (ie. shooting, moving, etc.). Let's say that you and an enemy stumble across each other at the same time. Let's say that his ping is 50ms and your's is 500ms. You both hit the left mouse button at the same exact time to shoot. He wins. That server recognized his command 10 times faster than it recognized yours (or about .45 seconds faster in this case).

If you have broadband, you shouldn't be playing on servers with a ping higher than 100ms.

Seriously, you're just wasting your time if you're not. The difference will amaze you.

Online Gaming 101.
David_Copperfield
The Wizard

Rack Fu wrote:You should care what servers you're playing on. Your ping is one of the most important factors (outside of actual skill) when it comes to playing shooter games online.

Your ping to Euro servers has got to be at least 300-500ms. In very basic terms, you have a built in 1/3 to 1/2 second delay for every action you take (ie. shooting, moving, etc.). Let's say that you and an enemy stumble across each other at the same time. Let's say that his ping is 50ms and your's is 500ms. You both hit the left mouse button at the same exact time to shoot. He wins. That server recognized his command 10 times faster than it recognized yours (or about .45 seconds faster in this case).

If you have broadband, you shouldn't be playing on servers with a ping higher than 100ms.

Seriously, you're just wasting your time if you're not. The difference will amaze you.

Online Gaming 101.
thanks for the lesson...i'll be sure to try that next time I log on...i had no idea there was a difference.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

Do not automatically assume that just because a location is physically farther then another, you have a longer lag. In most places you go through some major network Hubs. Depending on what backbone you are on, you might have to go through half the country to get to a server that is one state over. Anyway, the point is, look at the ping time and do your homework and then make a decision based on that.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Donovan wrote: And some of the "stat whores" can ruin the game when they focus more on getting points than winning the battle.
That is exactly why I won't buy it for a while. I want to wait for the 'stat whores' to die down a bit. BTW, anyone who actually uses the headset is a dork.
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Hapday wrote:
Donovan wrote: And some of the "stat whores" can ruin the game when they focus more on getting points than winning the battle.
That is exactly why I won't buy it for a while. I want to wait for the 'stat whores' to die down a bit. BTW, anyone who actually uses the headset is a dork.
Um, it's awful hard to type messages to your team while trying to actually play. On the other hand, it's pretty easy to talk and play at the same time.

Moron.
David_Copperfield
The Wizard

Rack Fu wrote:
Hapday wrote:
Um, it's awful hard to type messages to your team while trying to actually play. On the other hand, it's pretty easy to talk and play at the same time.

Moron.
seriously...the headset is genius for games like battlefield...and i guarantee he uses one too, he was just trying to sound cool to his cyber-buddies.
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

Hapday wrote:
Yea i ran into a few of them stat whores last night on a server. check this out. I was playing as the commander and was staying in our main base coordinating the troops. All of a sudden i'm killed by a clan guy from the other team named SHS-Rambo and his clanmate was on my team. He comes up and knifes me while i'm looking at the map and his clanmate that was on my team was a medic. His clanmate kept reviving me again and again so his buddy could keep knifing me and run up his points. What kind of B.S. is that??? Some losers think they are good by cheating to run up their score. Get a life. I think they need to have some sort of option in the game to make it so you can't be revived if you don't wat to be. What a bunch of losers they think they are good by running up their points that way.

Here's his clans website http://www.shs-clan.com/v2/index.php

P.S. They have a message board. :wink: :lol:
David_Copperfield
The Wizard

chargerfan wrote:
Hapday wrote:
Yea i ran into a few of them stat whores last night on a server. check this out. I was playing as the commander and was staying in our main base coordinating the troops. All of a sudden i'm killed by a clan guy from the other team named SHS-Rambo and his clanmate was on my team. He comes up and knifes me while i'm looking at the map and his clanmate that was on my team was a medic. His clanmate kept reviving me again and again so his buddy could keep knifing me and run up his points. What kind of B.S. is that??? Some losers think they are good by cheating to run up their score. Get a life. I think they need to have some sort of option in the game to make it so you can't be revived if you don't wat to be. What a bunch of losers they think they are good by running up their points that way.

Here's his clans website http://www.shs-clan.com/v2/index.php

P.S. They have a message board. :wink: :lol:
that crap freakin' sucks... thankfully they are making a fix for that in the patch that will be released next month. Servers will ban you for that stuff and also take away your points.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

CF,
I was an unwilling particpate in that one time. If you open up your spawn interface and leave it up, I don't think they can revive you. I believe that's how I got out of it and spawned elsewhere.

Thankfully, EA is fixing that. They have already reset/banned many of those expoliters already.
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

Yea last night was the first time i had even seen orheard of anything like that. They were reviving me and killing me so fast i couldn't open anything for at least 2 minutes. I managed to finally make it up for a split second to tk the guy revivng me then respawn. Then the loser punished me for a tk then. I wish i had some sort of record of it so they could get banned for it. I went to their site after a little searching and left a message and they acted like they could give a fuck if there guys were pulling that shit. Almost makes me want to round up the trolls and pull a drive by on their site and fuck it up. I've seen some of the messes they've put on other boards. Those guys wouldn't know what hit them :lol:
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

If you're waiting till stat whores leave any online game you're wasting money buying the game.

Just find another server or get better at the game so that you don't die.

:lol:
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

What's everyone's bf2 name?

Fu= Zero_File
Me- majorgeneralprivate

Anyone else?