Sleepers:

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Th
PAT FAN

Sleepers:

Post by Th »

What unheard of player from your favorite team will be a household name by the season's end?

Patriots: D-Lineman Vince Wilfork

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8630245

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/493113

The kid is PRIMED and set to have a breakout year on that talented defensive line. I feel he is a major reason that tha Patriots did as well in the playoffs when Seymour was injured. He helped the team maintain that violent physical front which took A LOT of pressure off of the ailing secondary by routinely disrupting the opposing team's passing game. Wilfork should be even more fun to watch as a second year player and may be favored for more paying time as Seymour starts to punk himself in a contract dispute that hasn't much leverage for him.
Go Patriots! ! ! !
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

I think Benjamin Watson will be this years Antonio Gates.......
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

For the Chiefs I will say Kris Wilson on offense.

For defense I would say Derrick Johnson but most NFL people already know who he is. So, I will go with Junior Siavii or possibly Key Fox.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Mark Clayton, rookie WR, Baltimore Ravens. If he stays healthy, he'll make an Offensive ROY push...

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

the_ouskull wrote:Mark Clayton, rookie WR, Baltimore Ravens. If he stays healthy, he'll make an Offensive ROY push...

the_ouskull
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sin

Everybody who knows Kyle Boller is his QB.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

e wrote:steven jackson will become a name that even casual football fans will know this year.
OK, this is even better than Clayton winning ROY. Martz is the same guy who ignorered Marshall Faulk. What makes you think Jackson is going to turn Martz into a desciple of running the football?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
G.O.
Elwood

Post by G.O. »

chris cooley- H Back/TE, turned some heads last year with 6 TD's- great hands and speed.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

Kyle Boller, he should be spending plenty of time around the house soon, ala Elvis Grbac.
Striving to be a victim of Polly's plagiarizing ways.

Post by Guest »

Darius Watts
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

BSmack wrote:Martz is the same guy who ignorered Marshall Faulk.
Martz only started ignoring marshall when marshall's knees started ignoring marshall's commands.
why is my neighborhood on fire
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Antwaan Peak

15 sacks

..to go with 6 personal fouls :x
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Benny Joppru...

So if we can name Steven Jackson a sleeper, does that mean I can throw out Julius Jones as a sleeper?

Look for both Demarcus Ware and Marcus Spears to have solid rookie campaigns in what is looking to be a number 1 contending defense!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
BSmack wrote:Martz is the same guy who ignorered Marshall Faulk.
Martz only started ignoring marshall when marshall's knees started ignoring marshall's commands.
Yea, because it was much better to have Warner and Bulger lobing INTs all over the place. :roll:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

49ers - Andrew Williams. He was a year ahead of me in HS and he was a monster. He started at Miami at DE during the 2-3 year reign of dominance. The Niners drafted him as a DE but now they have switched to a 3-4 and he is back to playing OLB. Dude is gonna lay people out.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Arnaz Battle, WR 49'ers.

He is a very good return man who almost has a starting WR spot locked up. If someone can throw the ball for SF, he will get his touches. Battle spent the entire off season working out and working on his game. Brandon Lloyd spent the entire off season working on his rap album. The 9'er brass noticed.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Boss Bailey will make the Pro Bowl at linebacker if he stays healthy. Shaun Rogers made the Pro Bowl last year but he's still underrated.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Ok, could you please suggest Julius Jones as a sleeper.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

I think he's a punter for the Browns. I just have a feeling about him.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

Killian wrote:Arnaz Battle, WR 49'ers.

He is a very good return man who almost has a starting WR spot locked up. If someone can throw the ball for SF, he will get his touches. Battle spent the entire off season working out and working on his game. Brandon Lloyd spent the entire off season working on his rap album. The 9'er brass noticed.
What about that running back they drafted this year. I hear he's a sleeper.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Headhunter wrote:I think he's a punter for the Browns. I just have a feeling about him.
THE Browns Punter is ONE that NEVER Sleeps...

Orange Julius will not be allowed into the "sleeper" pick...'cuz he's already been on Network TV for 15 Years.

how many Numbers did this Dude have at Homer Dame anyways?

3, 7 ?

:D
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Shawn Andrews. This guy was pushing EVERYONE around in pre-season and broke his leg in the first game of the season.

As anyone knows, offensive linemen just don't step in and excel in a west-coast offense and this guy made it look easy.

He'll be in the pro-bowl this year.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

I KNOW that Kyle Boller is Clayton's QB... but if you flip that around, Boller hasn't had shit for receivers since he got to the L either, and now he's got two good ones.

So, let's see what happens this year before COMPLETELY giving up on Boller. (Not that I already haven't given up on him... we'll just call this my dying struggle with hope.)

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

I used to share that opinion too, skull. That is until Wright made Robinson look like a hall of famer. Dilfer did not have much but Stokley's speed but he did not turn the ball over and unitl Boller figures out that the other team's defenders do not equal a completion, nor the ground for that matter, nor the stands for that matter, B-More will continue to rely on their D to make up for his mistakes and Jamal and the D can only do that if the QB is playing nearly mistake free ball.
Striving to be a victim of Polly's plagiarizing ways.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

I'll play Duane.....

"Flea" Sproles....he....c-o-u-l-d g-o a-l-l t-h-e wayyy 3-4 times as the Bolt's new return man.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Nixhex wrote:

Frank Gore .

The brass and some local media guys say he looked good in the mini camps . Maybe a sleeper and a steal .
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

drummer wrote:
Nixhex wrote:

Frank Gore .

The brass and some local media guys say he looked good in the mini camps . Maybe a sleeper and a steal .
That's him. Not sure how good the O-Line in San Fran is. However, he should challenge Barlow for the starting spot.