The really funny thing about Rove defenders is....

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

The really funny thing about Rove defenders is....

Post by Buried_Nick »

....... that they cite the fact that old Karl never actually said Valerie's name.
And may have not even known she was a CIA Operative, just that she "works there."

OK.

If I say that; ya know? "That Bill Clinton's WIFE is the one who's a Senator from NY." - Would that mean I didn't know her name. Or that I just didn't want to actually Say her name?

I mean, how do I know that she's a Senator from NY, and Bills wife, if I don't know her name?

How did/does Rove know that Wilson's wife "works at the CIA", if he really, truly didn't know her name? Where did HE get that info, if he really didn't know who she was.? He just knew she worked there. Huh?

Hmmmmm..............

Weird.

Either Rove's (Ahem!) lying, or someone ELSE (Ahem! Judith MILLER!) was the real person who leaked it, and wanted to cause harm to her and Wilson, for his column.

Notice how Miller never ever said a word about Plame, and the whole controversy after it broke in Novaks smear piece. And based on all her previous pinings for all things WAR and BUSH, you'd think she'd hjave Jumped on the Wilson/Plame thing!

Again, NeoNazi's. Deny it. Spin it. I don't gara. We all know what went down.

Sucks to be you.
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
:lol:
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Re: The really funny thing about Rove defenders is....

Post by Gunslinger »

MSUFAN wrote:....... that they cite the fact that old Karl never actually said Valerie's name.
And may have not even known she was a CIA Operative, just that she "works there."

OK.

If I say that; ya know? "That Bill Clinton's WIFE is the one who's a Senator from NY." - Would that mean I didn't know her name. Or that I just didn't want to actually Say her name?

I mean, how do I know that she's a Senator from NY, and Bills wife, if I don't know her name?

How did/does Rove know that Wilson's wife "works at the CIA", if he really, truly didn't know her name? Where did HE get that info, if he really didn't know who she was.? He just knew she worked there. Huh?

Hmmmmm..............

Weird.

Either Rove's (Ahem!) lying, or someone ELSE (Ahem! Judith MILLER!) was the real person who leaked it, and wanted to cause harm to her and Wilson, for his column.

Notice how Miller never ever said a word about Plame, and the whole controversy after it broke in Novaks smear piece. And based on all her previous pinings for all things WAR and BUSH, you'd think she'd hjave Jumped on the Wilson/Plame thing!

Sucks to be you.

Did you see Rove's eyes following those balloons? Don't pull the plug, there is still life there.
I fucking suck.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

What's tragic is that T Shiavo, even with half a normal sized brain, may STILL have had more than Rove and Bush do! :lol:
Last edited by Buried_Nick on Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

You can't say this:
And then this:
We all know what went down.
Not only do we all not know what went down, but you clearly don't either. In fact, there's so many liars involved in the whole thing that we probably won't ever really learn the truth.
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

MSUFAN wrote:....... that they cite the fact that old Karl never actually said Valerie's name.

OK.

Hmmmmm..............

Weird.

Sucks to be you.
Are you done crying? He never said her name, She WASN'T a Foreign operative!

Do you always convict without all the facts? Have you heard of innocent until proven guilty? The Wilsons tried to use their powers and status to help John Kerry and his campaign. Guess what? The conservatives called them on it and punched those french appeasing pussies right in the face. Take of the lieberal blinders and look at teh facts. Even Wilson admitted on NBC this morning Rove did nothing illegal!

GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!

BUSH WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Republicans will again win in 2008 because demoncrats stand for "NOTHING!"
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Nothing but the search for the Truth,

eh? :wink:
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

MSUFAN wrote:Nothing but the search for the Truth,

eh? :wink:
If your brain matter was axle grease, there wouldn't be enough in your head to grease the dynamo on a lightening bug's ass.

Maybe that's why lieberals haven't found an alternative energy source as of yet. :wink:
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

The clear, and unequivical (sic) truth is, that in my sig. you see the most powerful truth that all of you bastard conservatives cannot deny, or spin.

The 16 words were obviously purposely left in, because it didn't fit with their massive power/money grabbing runnup to this "war".

The lies were unprecedented. Only the Nixon admin. is more wraught with deciet, deception, and flat out corruption. You all know it, so you attack and smear the "truth", when it rears it's ugly heads. You look for ANY little aspect of the messenger, so you can save face. Not!

Wilson
O'Neil
Clarke
Other Generals and WMD inspectors,

ALL have called your man on his "war". You don't like it. So we get what we have in here.

A bunch of neo-fascist, goosestepping, Nazi sheep, who finally gained the WH and the Hill. And let the screws turn, right?!

I half can't blame ya. But when it's all over, what will be left of our nations once proud image? Our economy. Our middle class?

Oh, fuck it. Whatever.

Go eat shit. All of you. Especially you, fraud-o.
Last edited by Buried_Nick on Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

frodo_biguns wrote: Republicans will again win in 2008 because demoncrats stand for "NOTHING!"
No, what will happen is the Republican party will single handedly hand the White House back to the Clintons. Your stupid fucking propaganda will get on everyones last nerve and there will be a backlash.

McCain (who I will vote for) will be crushed by Clinton. It will be yours and the rest of the cockjockeys faults for causing this. You know what, maybe the radical left will be the only thing to returns things to a center line.

Stay tuned for 2028 when the election will be about, "Why were we fighting all these years? How can we suck China's dick?"

It'd be cool if our politics were like that in Britain, but they have this thing called media in the UK. I hear its pretty fuckin cool and the hate is pointed at the politicians instead of against each other.
I fucking suck.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

l. to r. this thread, ditto

i was rummaging thru some old like father like son p8ics and found some that didnt include karl rove. i hope you fuckers dont forget about me when im dead. i love youall,

bbqjones"/
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

What scares me the most is having these faggots run shit for awhile.

http://www.sorryeverybody.com/

What? Jog a mile?

Look up! It's frodo's half faggot brother.

What? Is the other Garth Brooks a Democrat?

What a gay shitty website. Thanks frodo.
I fucking suck.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

babs v. fraudo = :lol:
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

MSUFAN wrote::lol:

Was tragic is that T Shiavo, even with half a normal sized brain, may STILL have had more than Rove and Bush do! :lol:

That half a brain punked your party for a 2nd time.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Do you know what makes your argument stronger? Bolding random words to try and create emphasis in your statments. Trying to draw attention to certain parts of your argument is just another way of saying "I suck, don't read the whole thing". Carry on.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Apparently, David Corn at The Nation was the first to "out" Plame as a "undercover agent."
Who Exposed Secret Agent Plame?
How about the least likely suspect?

This just in: Bob Novak did not reveal that Valerie Plame was an undercover agent for the CIA.

Read — or reread — his column from July 14, 2003. All Novak reports is that the wife of former Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson is “an Agency operative on weapons of mass destruction.”

Novak has said repeatedly that he was not told, and that he did not know, that Plame was — or had ever been — a NOC, an agent with Non-Official Cover. He has emphatically said that had he understood that she was any sort of secret agent, he would never have named her.

As for Novak’s use of the word “operative,” he might as easily have called her an “official,” an “analyst, or an “employee.” But, as a longtime newsman, he instinctively chose the sexiest term (one he routinely applies to political figures, too, i.e. “a party operative”).

Reread Novak’s article, and you’ll also see that Novak in no way denigrates Wilson. On the contrary, he talks of Wilson’s “heroism” in Iraq in 1991. And nowhere in his column does he say — or even imply — that Wilson was unqualified to conduct the Niger investigation or that Plame was responsible for getting him the assignment — merely that she “suggested sending him.”

Even so, it is unclear whether Novak’s sources may have committed a crime by talking to Novak about Plame. That would depend on a number of variables involving what they knew about Plame and how they came to know it. A prosecutor would have the power to compel Novak to testify regarding what was said to him and by whom.

Is this splitting hairs? Not at all. In Washington, plenty of people are acquainted with CIA operatives who are not working undercover. For example, when a CIA analyst wrote a book under the pseudonym “Anonymous,” it was widely known that Anonymous was the Agency’s Michael Scheuer. Before long, someone revealed that in print. No crime was committed or alleged — no classified information had been disclosed, no NOC had been exposed.

So if Novak did not reveal that Valerie Plame was a secret agent, who did? The evidence strongly suggests it was none other than Joe Wilson himself. Let me walk you through the steps that lead to this conclusion.

The first reference to Plame being a secret agent appears in The Nation, in an article by David Corn published July 16, 2003, just two days after Novak’s column appeared. It carried this lead: “Did Bush officials blow the cover of a U.S. intelligence officer working covertly in a field of vital importance to national security — and break the law — in order to strike at a Bush administration critic and intimidate others?”

Since Novak did not report that Plame was “working covertly” how did Corn know that’s what she had been doing?

Corn does not tell his readers and he has responded to a query from me only by pointing out that he was asking a question, not making a “statement of fact.” But in the article, he asserts that Novak “outed” Plame “as an undercover CIA officer.” Again, Novak did not do that. Rather, it is Corn who is, apparently for the first time, “outing” Plame’s “undercover” status.

Corn follows that assertion with a quote from Wilson saying, “I will not answer questions about my wife.” Any reporter worth his salt would immediately wonder: Did Wilson indeed answer Corn’s questions about his wife — after Corn agreed not to quote his answers but to use them only on background? Read the rest of Corn’s piece and it’s difficult to believe anything else. Corn names no other sources for the information he provides — and he provides much more information than Novak revealed.

Corn also claims that Wilson “will not confirm nor deny that his wife …works for the CIA.” Corn adds: “But let’s assume she does. That would seem to mean that the Bush administration has screwed one of its own top-secret operatives in order to punish Wilson …”

On what basis could Corn “assume” that Plame was not only working covertly but was actually a “top-secret” operative? And where did Corn get the idea that Plame had been “outed” in order to punish Wilson? That is not suggested by anything in the Novak column which, as I noted, is sympathetic to Wilson and Plame.

The likely answer: The allegation that someone in the administration leaked to Novak as a way to punish Wilson was made by Wilson — to Corn. But Corn, rather than quote Wilson, puts the idea forward as his own.

Keep in mind that from early on there were two possible but contradictory scenarios:
1) Members of the Bush administration intentionally exposed a covert CIA agent as a way to take revenge against her husband who had written a critical op-ed.
2) Members of the Bush administration were attempting to set the record straight by telling reporters that it was not Vice President Cheney who sent Wilson on the Africa assignment as Wilson claimed; rather Wilson’s wife, a CIA employee, helped get him the assignment. (And that is indeed the conclusion of the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee.)

Corn’s article then goes on to provide specific details about Plame’s undercover work, her “dicey and difficult mission of tracking parties trying to buy or sell weapons of mass destruction or WMD material.” But how does Corn know about that? From what source could he have learned it?

Corn concludes that Plame’s career “has been destroyed by the Bush administration.” And here he does, finally, quote Wilson directly. Wilson says: “Naming her this way would have compromised every operation, every relationship, every network with which she had been associated in her entire career. This is the stuff of Kim Philby and Aldrich Ames.”

Corn has assured us several times that Wilson refused to answer questions about his wife, refused to confirm or deny that she worked for the CIA, refused to “acknowledge whether she is a deep-cover CIA employee.” But he is willing to say on the record that “naming her this way” was an act of treachery? That’s not talking about his wife? That’s not providing confirmation? There is only one way to interpret this: Wilson did indeed talk about his wife, her work as a secret agent, and other matters to Corn (and perhaps others?) on a confidential basis.

If Wilson did tell Corn that his wife was an undercover agent, did he commit a crime? I don’t claim to know. But the charge that someone committed a crime by naming Plame as a covert agent was also made by Corn, apparently for the first time, in this same article. No doubt, the independent prosecutor and the grand jury will sort it out.

Criminality aside, if Wilson revealed to Corn that Plame worked as a CIA “deep-cover” operative “tracking parties trying to buy or sell” WMDs, surely that’s news.

And it is consequential: On the basis of Novak’s story alone, it is highly unlikely that anyone would have had a clue that Plame — presumably under a different name and while living in a foreign country — had been a NOC. At most, her friends in Washington would have been surprised to learn that she didn’t work where she said she worked.

But once Corn published the fact that Plame had been a “top-secret operative,” and once he quoted Wilson saying what exposing his wife would mean — and once Plame posed for Vanity Fair photographers — anyone who had ever known her in a different context and with a different identity would have been tipped off.

But they would not have been tipped by Novak — nor, based on what we know so far, by Karl Rove. Rather, it appears they would have been tipped off by Joe Wilson who, the publicly available evidence strongly suggests, leaked like a sieve to The Nation’s David Corn.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

It was a blowjob.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Moving Sale wrote:It was a blowjob.
No, it was about lying to a grand jury, bitch.
Some Damn Retard
Elwood

Post by Some Damn Retard »

Moving Sale wrote:It was a blowjob.
And I thank you for that. Nice tongue work, try not dragging your teeth next time.
A BILL to Regulate the Hunting and Harvesting of Attorneys PC 370.00:

370.02. Bag Limits per day: yellow-bellied sidewinders 2 two-faced tortfeasors 1
back-stabbing divorce litigators 3 horn-rimmed cut-throats 2 minutiae-advocating vultures 4 honest attorneys protected (endangered species)
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Some Damn Retard wrote:
And I thank you for that. Nice tongue work, try not dragging your teeth next time.
WTF are you doing back over here....I thought you promised never to come back.....
get out, get out while there's still time
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Felix wrote:
Some Damn Retard wrote:
WTF are you doing back over here....I thought you promised never to come back.....
Shhhh...we're ignoring him.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

DrDetroit wrote: Shhhh...we're ignoring him.
I'll update my spreadsheet accordingly....
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

Gunslinger wrote:What scares me the most is having these faggots run shit for awhile.

What? Jog a mile?

Only PUSSIES and DEFEATIST apologize!

Now go get your one-way ticket back to France.
TheTrolls.NetOWNER
Jake

Post by TheTrolls.NetOWNER »

Felix wrote:
DrDetroit wrote: Shhhh...we're ignoring him.
I'll update my spreadsheet accordingly....
Remember to add that this is my only trollname left out of all my bannings.
sin,
MG
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

You mean update the, "Consolidated Elite Faggot" spreadhseet, right?

frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

MSUFAN wrote:The clear, and unequivical (sic) truth is, that in my sig. you see the most powerful truth that all of you bastard conservatives cannot deny, or spin.

The 16 words were obviously purposely left in, because it didn't fit with their massive power/money grabbing runnup to this "war".

The lies were unprecedented. Only the Nixon admin. is more wraught with deciet, deception, and flat out corruption. You all know it, so you attack and smear the "truth", when it rears it's ugly heads. You look for ANY little aspect of the messenger, so you can save face. Not!

Wilson
O'Neil
Clarke

ALL have called your man on his "war". You don't like it. So we get what we have in here.

A bunch of neo-fascist, goosestepping, Nazi sheep, who finally gained the WH and the Hill. And let the screws turn, right?!

I half can't blame ya. But when it's all over, what will be left of our nations once proud image? Our economy. Our middle class?

Oh, fuck it. Whatever.

Just to clear things up a bit about Nazis! They are socialist who want to take away your guns, have a bigger government and ban religion. Sounds like a Lieberal/Demoncrat to me! I'm ashamed you even claim to be from a Big 10 school!
Some Damn Retard
Elwood

Post by Some Damn Retard »

Felix wrote:
Some Damn Retard wrote:
I knew you'd miss me, Felix. :P
A BILL to Regulate the Hunting and Harvesting of Attorneys PC 370.00:

370.02. Bag Limits per day: yellow-bellied sidewinders 2 two-faced tortfeasors 1
back-stabbing divorce litigators 3 horn-rimmed cut-throats 2 minutiae-advocating vultures 4 honest attorneys protected (endangered species)
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

DrDetroit wrote:You mean update the, "Consolidated Elite Faggot" spreadhseet, right?

That's right, and you're not on it......

Lets see, Paul can get in, war wagon can get in, but you can't......

that about says it all......... :lol:
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Felix wrote:
DrDetroit wrote:You mean update the, "Consolidated Elite Faggot" spreadhseet, right?

That's right, and you're not on it......

Lets see, Paul can get in, war wagon can get in, but you can't......

that about says it all......... :lol:
I suppose it does...
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

frodo_biguns wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:What scares me the most is having these faggots run shit for awhile.

What? Jog a mile?

Only PUSSIES and DEFEATIST apologize!

Now go get your one-way ticket back to France.
Agreed, we should start randomly punching idiots like you on the street instead of creating a pussified website apologizing to the world. I would start by stealing your mailbox and hiding on your roof. When you come out and say: "Hey, who stole my mailbox?" The mailbox will already be 10 feet closer to your head.
I fucking suck.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

No, Nazi's are Fascists.

Whatever means it takes to further the good of the State. If you are not FOR the State, then you are Against it.

Where'd you go to school, again?

Also this little gem:
Dr.'s little post wrote:The first reference to Plame being a secret agent appears in The Nation, in an article by David Corn published July 16, 2003, just two days after Novak’s column appeared. It carried this lead: “Did Bush officials blow the cover of a U.S. intelligence officer working covertly in a field of vital importance to national security — and break the law — in order to strike at a Bush administration critic and intimidate others?”
UM...... detard. By a FULL two days after Novak's smear piece, all hell broke loose, and the Dems popped a vein on why Novak chose to publish that info on Wilson's wife.

It only follows that the reporter you cite had heard this timultery. No? :roll:

Are you really this stupid?
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

PSUFAN wrote:babs v. fraudo = :lol:

Rack dat.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

MSUFAN wrote:No, Nazi's are Fascists.

Whatever means it takes to further the good of the State. If you are not FOR the State, then you are Against it.

Also this little gem:
Dr.'s little post wrote:The first reference to Plame being a secret agent appears in The Nation, in an article by David Corn published July 16, 2003, just two days after Novak’s column appeared. It carried this lead: “Did Bush officials blow the cover of a U.S. intelligence officer working covertly in a field of vital importance to national security — and break the law — in order to strike at a Bush administration critic and intimidate others?”
UM...... detard. By a FULL two days after Novak's smear piece, all hell broke loose, and the Dems popped a vein on why Novak chose to publish that info on Wilson's wife.

Dumbshit...there's a difference between identifying Valerie Plame as Wilson's wife and identifying Valerie Plame as a covert CIA agent.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

frodo_biguns wrote:
MSUFAN wrote:The clear, and unequivical (sic) truth is, that in my sig. you see the most powerful truth that all of you bastard conservatives cannot deny, or spin.

Wilson
O'Neil
Clarke

Oh, fuck it. Whatever.

Just to clear things up a bit about Nazis! They are socialist who want to take away your guns, have a bigger government and ban religion. Sounds like a Lieberal/Demoncrat to me! I'm ashamed you even claim to be from a Big 10 school!
Wrong, asshole.

Where'd you go to school?

In an economic sense, Nazism and Fascism are related. Nazism may be considered a subset of Fascism, with all Nazis being Fascists, but not all Fascists being Nazis.

( This next part is where this "Lieberal" draws intelligent parallels to the current Bush version of Fascism)

Nazism shares many economic features with Fascism, featuring complete government control of finance and investment (allocation of credit), (Read; Greenspan so far up Bush's arse, he can blow the fuckers nose!) ....... industry, and agriculture. Yet in both of these systems, corporate power and market based systems for providing price information still existed.

Quoting Benito Mussolini: "Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism, because it is a merger of State and corporate power." (OMG! - "a merger of State and corporate power."!? Are you serious!? Identical to what the current Bush regime' has fashioned!)

Rather than the State requiring goods from industrial enterprises and allocating raw materials required for their production (as in socialist / communist systems), the State paid for these goods. This allows price to play an essential role in providing information as to relative scarcity of materials, (Why do you think Oil will hit $70 a barrel soon!? Bush is practically a Saudi Oil partner.)

.............or the capital requirements in technology or labor (including education, as in skilled labor) inputs to produce a manufactured good. Additionally, the unionist (strictly speaking, syndicalist) veneer placed on corporate labor relations was another major point of agreement. Both the German and Italian fascist political parties began as unionist labor movements, and grew into totalitarian dictatorships. This idea was maintained throughout their time in power, with state control used as a means to eliminate the assumed conflict between management labor relations.(see- Bush's propensity for easy corporate bailouts of union employee fringe benefits. Such as we've seen from Bush's lean towards the Airlines defaulting on all kinds of retirement notes)[/b]

Yeah, bitch, I attended Michigan State. Where the fuck did you waste your time at again?!
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

DrDetroit wrote:

Also this little gem:

Dumbshit...there's a difference between identifying Valerie Plame as Wilson's wife and identifying Valerie Plame as a covert CIA agent.
Rove most likely wrote:Yeah, ya know? That guy Wilson, who said he was sent by Cheney to Niger? Well, it was his WIFE who sent him. Yeah, dude. "She works there......" Yep. And she obviously has an important position, or how would she be able to assign her husband for an investigation into serious accusations involving possible Nuclear Proliferation infractions? But yeah, I know she works there. How I know, I can't say. Ya know; I have to cover my ass, if anything happened later, that could lead you back to me and this conversation we're having, I'd have to refer you to counsel. And THAT's the sort of press reports me and Bush Want you all to listen to. Not those other liberal press hacks like Time and Newsweek. Listen to my Counsels press releases instead.
God, Doc. How the fuck you keep trying, I'll never understand, man.

This guy should be axed. And why not? He served his purpose. Bush won.
He's basically done from here on out. Just fire Rove and make everyone shut up, right?
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

We all know what Rove really said you fucking tool. Matt Cooper has already told us.

And Bush said he would fire anyone who had broken the law. What law has been broken?
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

MSUFAN wrote:
DrDetroit wrote:

Also this little gem:

Rove most likely wrote:Yeah, ya know? That guy Wilson, who said he was sent by Cheney to Niger? Well, it was his WIFE who sent him. Yeah, dude. "She works there......" Yep. And she obviously has an important position, or how would she be able to assign her husband for an investigation into serious accusations involving possible Nuclear Proliferation infractions? But yeah, I know she works there. How I know, I can't say. Ya know; I have to cover my ass, if anything happened later, that could lead you back to me and this conversation we're having, I'd have to refer you to counsel. And THAT's the sort of press reports me and Bush Want you all to listen to. Not those other liberal press hacks like Time and Newsweek. Listen to my Counsels press releases instead.
God, Doc. How the fuck you keep trying, I'll never understand, man.

This guy should be axed. And why not? He served his purpose. Bush won.
He's basically done from here on out. Just fire Rove and make everyone shut up, right?
Still "NO ROSE BOWLS" For you!

Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

DrDetroit wrote:We all know what Rove really said you fucking tool. Matt Cooper has already told us.

And Bush said he would fire anyone who had broken the law. What law has been broken?
Yesterday the President furiously backpedaled from his promise to fire anyone involved in leaking the identity of a covert CIA agent to the press. Now that it's known that Rove and Vice President Cheney's Chief of Staff Lewis Libby were involved, the President has lowered the bar and now says he'll only fire someone who is convicted of a crime. :roll:

President Bush is setting a terrible standard of leadership in the White House by protecting insubordinate aides who refused to come forward when the President demanded to know who in his administration leaked Valerie Plame's identity -- and he's sending a disturbing message about our national security.

The President should not wait to find out whether Rove is convicted in the end for his leak. Either Rove lied to the President about this matter of national security, which means he should be fired immediately, or the President is not being straight with the American people about his own involvement in this case.

HMMMMMMMmmmm.....................................

Your turn, Doc.!
:wink:

You still defend this guy, don't you.

Pitiful.
Rushville
Elwood

Post by Rushville »

Meanwhile, in the only meaningful part of the situation, what Wilson found when he went to Niger was that Saddam Hussein was actually trying to buy enriched uranium. But nevermind that, because Carl Rove said somebody's name.
Rushville
Elwood

Post by Rushville »

What also kills me about this situation is that the dems are so anxious to get rid of the guy who orchestrated the world-wind Social Security tour as well as the complete lack of effort to get control of illegal immigration and to secure the Mexican border. If Bush fires him, he may well just bring in someone who could actually get things going in the right direction again. It seems to me the dems would want to keep a guy around who continues to make the President look bad.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

MSU -
Yesterday the President furiously backpedaled from his promise to fire anyone involved in leaking the identity of a covert CIA agent to the press. Now that it's known that Rove and Vice President Cheney's Chief of Staff Lewis Libby were involved, the President has lowered the bar and now says he'll only fire someone who is convicted of a crime.
So...like NPR, you're simply going to lie about what the President said in 2003??

You remember that, right? When President Bush indicated that he would fire anyone involved with illegally leaking the name of a CIA agent...

That is what he stated then and restating it now does not change that simple fact.

Now, what you, NPR, NYT, and others are attempting to perp here is that Bush seemingly lowered the bar in June 2004 when responding to a question by a reporter who inaccurately restated Bush's promise to fire someone. Wrong. A misleading question that inserts a false premise into a question asking if the President stands by his original assertion doesn't change what he initially stated in 2003.
President Bush is setting a terrible standard of leadership in the White House by protecting insubordinate aides who refused to come forward when the President demanded to know who in his administration leaked Valerie Plame's identity -- and he's sending a disturbing message about our national security.
Actually, the administration has been completely cooperative. Rove testified three times. The only people not cooperating are Judith Miller and the NY Times who are obstructing justice.
The President should not wait to find out whether Rove is convicted in the end for his leak. Either Rove lied to the President about this matter of national security, which means he should be fired immediately, or the President is not being straight with the American people about his own involvement in this case.
1) This is not a national security matter.
2) Rove didn't leak the name. Rove was told by journalists who Plame was.
3) Rove didn't retail Plame's name, but merely responded to a point made by a reporter, i.e., it's not a "leak" in the first place.

Oh, and now you people are going to claim that Bush leaked the name?

No need for me to defend Rove. The story is done. It is going nowhere.

It was a manufactured story in the first place.