ESPN College Gameday.

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

OUMO
Crimson Stooge

ESPN College Gameday.

Post by OUMO »

I am in a way suprized no one has mentioned this.

The first ESPN basketball gameday is in ESPN's back yard at UCONN. IMO there were lots of better places to start.

Watching this mockery of the football version, it is destined to fail anyway, so I guess it does not matter.

To quote Jeff Lebowski "Fuck it"
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

ESPN/ABC is pretty much a joke. They hire idiots like Kirk Herbstreit, Sean Salisbury, Merril Hoge, Peter Gammons, Michael Irvin, John Kruk, Jeff Brantley, Lee Corso, Trev Alberts, Steve Lavin, Brent Musberger, etc. and expect people to consider them credible?? Yeah right!
Tiberious
Resident Bookie

Post by Tiberious »

here is my problem with the basketball game day. The show came on the air at 11 I believe. Anyway, when football came on the crowd was pumped all day and after the show stayed there and got hammered all day at the tailgate. With basketball you cant do that. All those people showed up early in the morning got all excited and then had to go home pretty much. What they need to do with basketball game day is schedule it where right after the show or at the most one hour before tip, that way nobody has to leave the drunkeness can be better. It would make the crowd more into it all game. Just my two cents.
You know who I am.

Make the world a better place, punch Urban Meyer in the face.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

Tiberious wrote:here is my problem with the basketball game day. The show came on the air at 11 I believe. Anyway, when football came on the crowd was pumped all day and after the show stayed there and got hammered all day at the tailgate. With basketball you cant do that. All those people showed up early in the morning got all excited and then had to go home pretty much. What they need to do with basketball game day is schedule it where right after the show or at the most one hour before tip, that way nobody has to leave the drunkeness can be better. It would make the crowd more into it all game. Just my two cents.
Good thoughts. I'm sure as the learning curve takes place, ACCPN will figure out how to improve on the show. I'd look for "Live from Cameron Indoor: 24/7" by the 07 season.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Tiberious
Resident Bookie

Post by Tiberious »

Shine wrote:
Tiberious wrote:here is my problem with the basketball game day. The show came on the air at 11 I believe. Anyway, when football came on the crowd was pumped all day and after the show stayed there and got hammered all day at the tailgate. With basketball you cant do that. All those people showed up early in the morning got all excited and then had to go home pretty much. What they need to do with basketball game day is schedule it where right after the show or at the most one hour before tip, that way nobody has to leave the drunkeness can be better. It would make the crowd more into it all game. Just my two cents.
Good thoughts. I'm sure as the learning curve takes place, ACCPN will figure out how to improve on the show. I'd look for "Live from Cameron Indoor: 24/7" by the 07 season.

You have a point there. :wink:
You know who I am.

Make the world a better place, punch Urban Meyer in the face.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Gameday in Stoolwater.

Nice match up, a team that has lost 2 of their last 3 games vs a team that just got the shit beat out of them on Sr night earlier this week and is blowing as hard as they can to even have a NCAA bubble.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The best thing about the Saturday night college games...Erin Andrews. 8)