Hey Yankee fan

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

The Yankees will soon go after Cliff Floyd and Tom Glavine...

problem is, they have noone to trade!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I don't mean to stick up for the Yankees again but check the Wild Card standings (my sig)...they're far from being out of contention for the postseason in spite of their struggles. Anyone at or slightly above .500 is still alive as far as I'm concerned...which means, you can't count out New York or even my Tigers for that matter.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

When the Yanks were in the AL East basement, at .379The Assassin wrote:the only thing gonna rise in New York is Steinbrenners blood pressure.

Now that they're .500, no longer last in the division, and a mere 5 games out of the wildcard, Assassin wrote:Sucks that I was right doesnt it?

Whatever gets you through your day, dude.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Despite spending more than anyone else by tens of millions, we're as close as five games to the wildcard lead YAY! YAY! YAY!

Sin,

Complete fucking morons.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Toddowen wrote:Greatest sports franchise ever with the most spoiled fans in the World 8)
FTFY :wink:
Carlos Lee

Post by Carlos Lee »

The Assassin wrote:Sucks that I was right doesnt it?
Right... about what exactly?
Right about the "Yankees not competing" part? Wait until the end of the season and their payroll is at 250 million instead of the current 207 million before reaching this conclusion... mmmkay? No one's debating they're underperforming... for a 200+ million dollar team. NOT COMPETING though? You're dead wrong. They are right there for a playoff berth.

Or maybe... just maybe... you're sucking your own cack over your initial declaration in this thread? Remember Jeff Weaver? They got a sub .500 pitcher with a below average ERA (for an NL pitcher). Besides saving millions of dollars, just how did the Dodgers get over in the Brown trade? They got a playing stiff for a non-playing stiff. Weaver has put up numbers of your average #4 or #5 starter. Big frigging deal. :roll:
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Shoalzie wrote:I don't mean to stick up for the Yankees again but check the Wild Card standings (my sig)...they're far from being out of contention for the postseason in spite of their struggles. Anyone at or slightly above .500 is still alive as far as I'm concerned...which means, you can't count out New York or even my Tigers for that matter.
A long way to go to say the Yankees are done (f-off Kruk). I remember about this time last season the Red Sox were struggling and on the verge of going downhill. They beat the Yankees and went on a tear and we all know the rest.

The Yankees had that type of season changing win against the Mets on Sunday. The hadn't come back in the late innings once before that game and now they have done it twice in 2 games.

Granted, the Yankees still have some major issues with pitching. They could use another starter and middle reliever. I think Torre needs to get his head out of his and start playing some fundamental ball. You can only wait so long hoping for a guy to hit a HR.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

MuchoBulls wrote:
Granted, the Yankees still have some major issues with pitching. They could use another starter and middle reliever.

WAR Yankee Entitlement!!!

I think Torre needs to get his head out of his and start playing some fundamental ball.

Will he be batting cleanup as well, soon?

You can only wait so long hoping for a guy to hit a HR.

Especially when the guy ain't getting a base hit.
What team in baseball CAN'T use another starting pitcher, or a middle reliever, or another big bat, or an improvement at manager?

This is a PERFECT example of why BASEBALL fans HATE Yankees fans.

Shove your fucking entitlement straight up your meatchute, dumbass.

I am :lol: :lol: at Yankee fan questioning the greatest manager in baseball history. It makes me smile.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

MuchoBulls wrote: A long way to go to say the Yankees are done (f-off Kruk). I remember about this time last season the Red Sox were struggling and on the verge of going downhill. They beat the Yankees and went on a tear and we all know the rest.

The Yankees had that type of season changing win against the Mets on Sunday. The hadn't come back in the late innings once before that game and now they have done it twice in 2 games.

Granted, the Yankees still have some major issues with pitching. They could use another starter and middle reliever. I think Torre needs to get his head out of his and start playing some fundamental ball. You can only wait so long hoping for a guy to hit a HR.
You better hope Boston slips. The Indians just sailed right past you in the WC race, and the O's or Twins won't be dropping down to your level anytime soon.

I'm looking forward to the fallout.
Carlos Lee

Post by Carlos Lee »

rozy wrote:I am :lol: :lol: at Yankee fan questioning the greatest manager in baseball history.
You put this guy ahead of Durocher, Alston, Mack, Weaver, Stengel.... shall I continue??
Torre isn't even the best manager in Yankee history, nevermind all of baseball. Get back to me if and when he wins 9 pennants, 7 World Series, and beats McCarthy's 2,156 wins and .615 winning percentage... which is not only FAR SUPERIOR to Torre's career mark, but also betters his WP as a Yankee skipper.
rozy wrote:It makes me smile.
Just smile? You were laughing out loud in your previous sentence.
Last edited by Carlos Lee on Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

rozy wrote:What team in baseball CAN'T use another starting pitcher, or a middle reliever, or another big bat, or an improvement at manager?
My answer would be the St. Louis Cardinals.

Listen, no one is entitled to anything. You have to earn what you get. You can hate the Yankees all you want, but Steinbrenner had played by the rules and he has the money to get the players he wants. He puts the profits he makes from the team back into the team. Novel concept! It's too bad other owners aren't more like him.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

*BUMP*

How did that one taste, YankeeFan... :wink:

AnNeg
Nighthawk

Post by AnNeg »

Haha, Yankee fan can still find solace in the fact that the Red Sox lost even more badly today and had their bullpen destroyed..... I mean, Reed Johnson hitting a grand slam off the bench?
Say this three times fast.....

Hinske, Hudson, Hill, Hillenbrand, Halladay, Huckaby
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

When you think about it, with exception of Seattle, Tampa Bay and Kansas City...every team in the AL still has a puncher's chance at making the playoffs. There's no such thing as an easy series right now for any team and as far as I'm concerned, all games are must wins. It's going to be a great few months of baseball this summer.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Re: Hey Yankee fan

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

The Assassin wrote:Hows that Jeff Weaver for Kevin Brown trade working out for you guys?

Its going ok for us. :wink:
It wasn't about Brown, for us. It was about getting rid of Weaver. Call it addition by subtraction. It's worked in that capacity.

That having been said, if I were running the Yanks back then, instead of trading Weaver for Brown, I would've packaged him along with Bernie and Aaron Boone for A-Rod. That way we could've kept Soriano.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Carlos Lee

Re: Hey Yankee fan

Post by Carlos Lee »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:I would've packaged him along with Bernie and Aaron Boone for A-Rod.
I don't recall the Rangers being interested in either. It's great that YOU would have been able to dump these losers for A-Rod, though. :roll:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Assassin wrote:the only thing gonna rise in New York is Steinbrenners blood pressure. This team isnt going anywhere.
4 games out of 1st-btw.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Dinsdale wrote:
The Assassin wrote:the only thing gonna rise in New York is Steinbrenners blood pressure. This team isnt going anywhere.
4 games out of 1st-btw.
Make that 3.5...Unit bounces back from the rout against the Tigers on 3 days rest and beats down on the Orioles. Anyone counting them out is a fool.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

...and anyone bitching about George doing what he's done for the past 25 years is also a fool. How come you jerk offs weren't bitching about him when he was spending tons of cash and they were losing? I also don't see any of your teams owners ponying up the 800 million for a new stadium. All the other owners want to stick it to the tax payers. Not George. He's paying for the whole enchilada and also paying for the upkeep so the taxpayers won't have to spend a penny. Keep bitching about him he's good for baseball. You wish you had someone as committed to winning as George.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Anyone is better than Namoli. The dothead that owns a couple of the 7-11s around my house has more cash to spend than that tight ass.
Moorese
Lancing the lovelies

Post by Moorese »

Laxplayer wrote:You wish you had someone as committed to winning as George.
I admit it.
When life hands you a park steak, you'd better motherfucking ISSUE it.

- - -

Liberate Cascadia!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Moorese wrote:
I admit it.
Dude, Booney was committed to winning.

Hell, dyanaboone took so much steroids for the team, he no longer has testicles. How can you say that's not committed to winning.

But, at least the M's are showing profit, which I'm sure they'll cook the books to hide at the end of the year (sup KC, StL, just about every other team in the majors).

I saw a game the other night where the M's scored some runs with Franklin on the bump. That rarely happens. Seen a couple of games from Gil "gave up 8 in an inning, and no-hitted the other 8" Meche recently, too.

Your new 2B sucks-btw.

Not sure what the point of signing Big Sexy and Beltre was, if they don't give a shit about pitching. The Yankees, you're not. If you wanna win with bats, you need to do more than get 2 good hitters and a bunch of AAA scrubs.

Where's Bucky? If you can't win, you might as well have a dude who makes you break out the tape measure on an occasion. Speaking of -- Ibanez doesn't hit that many bombs, but when he does, they sure seem to go a long, long way.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

3.5 games out of first.

And Assassin has been pretty quiet. Can't say I blame him.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Laxplayer wrote:...and anyone bitching about George doing what he's done for the past 25 years is also a fool. How come you jerk offs weren't bitching about him when he was spending tons of cash and they were losing? I also don't see any of your teams owners ponying up the 800 million for a new stadium. All the other owners want to stick it to the tax payers. Not George. He's paying for the whole enchilada and also paying for the upkeep so the taxpayers won't have to spend a penny. Keep bitching about him he's good for baseball. You wish you had someone as committed to winning as George.
RACK the hell out of that!!
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Moorese wrote:
I admit it.
I already do!!!

btw...

When is the last time A-Rod hit a Home Run when it mattered??

Saturday, A-Rod was up in the 9th with 2 on, 2 out down by 2 runs.

He popped out! I can't remember him ever coming through in the clutch!!!
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Dinsdale wrote:3.5 games out of first.

And Assassin has been pretty quiet. Can't say I blame him.

Sorry,I've been at work and living my life. Im pretty busy I dont have time to obsess over this topic.

Speaking of pretty quiet,sort of like how when the Yanks were on their slide you didnt have much to say? This team was supposed to run away with the AL East according to all the experts and the Yankee faithful. Yet they arent. Sorry if I dont see them pulling a 14 game winning streak out of their ass but watching them all I see is a team unsure of itself. A Rod has nice numbers but like Jack posted whens the last time he had a clutch hit,or HR? Randy Johnson is proving to be mortal and is Kevin Brown ever going to get off the DL?

The truth Dinsy is I despise the Red Sox just as much as I despise the Yankees. However the Sox are a TEAM,not a bunch of individuals brought together by Steinbrenners money. I just don't see any chemistry in the Yankees. They have these spurts but then they have these slides. Its a roller coaster ride basically. And yes I can admit I jumped the gun on Jeff Weaver. He is a 4th or 5th starter at best. But at least he isnt on the DL like Brown has been most of the year.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

^^Tell me you were just padding your post total where you can get the 1k out.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

rozy wrote:^^Tell me you were just padding your post total where you can get the 1k out.
The Assassin wrote:Sorry,I've been at work and living my life. Im pretty busy I dont have time to obsess over this topic......

Speaking of pretty quiet,sort of like how when the Yanks were on their slide you didnt have much to say?

Of course he was, Rozy...of course he was.
Carlos Lee

Post by Carlos Lee »

The Assassin wrote:The truth Dinsy is I despise the Red Sox just as much as I despise the Yankees. However the Sox are a TEAM,not a bunch of individuals brought together by Steinbrenners money.
Can you name ONE homegrown player on the Sox? I know of one regular and maybe... maybe a couple of scrubs. Maybe. The Red Sox are a bunch of individuals brought together by an organization with the second highest payroll in baseball.... or MONEY. Not Steinbrenner's range.. but still.. a shitload of MONEY.

Tell me you haven't submitted a part of yourself back into the gene pool. Tell me your husband hasn't gone 5 hole on you yet. For the love of God, please tell me you're not just a uterus with a non-functional head. Please... the world will never be the same...
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

:shock:
Frank Rizzo
Yankee Fan

Post by Frank Rizzo »

MuchoBulls wrote:
Laxplayer wrote:...and anyone bitching about George doing what he's done for the past 25 years is also a fool. How come you jerk offs weren't bitching about him when he was spending tons of cash and they were losing? I also don't see any of your teams owners ponying up the 800 million for a new stadium. All the other owners want to stick it to the tax payers. Not George. He's paying for the whole enchilada and also paying for the upkeep so the taxpayers won't have to spend a penny. Keep bitching about him he's good for baseball. You wish you had someone as committed to winning as George.
RACK the hell out of that!!
NO SHIT!!!
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

I wonder if Schilling just enjoyed the drycracking that A-Rod just gave him?
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Rack Fu wrote:I wonder if Schilling just enjoyed the drycracking that A-Rod just gave him?
Tune into Boston talk radio tomorrow and hear his 30 minute diatribe about blacks or AIDS or terrorists.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Rack Fu wrote:I wonder if Schilling just enjoyed the drycracking that A-Rod just gave him?
Tune into Boston talk radio tomorrow and hear his 30 minute diatribe about blacks or AIDS or terrorists.
I'm sure hitting a game winning homer off of him on his first day back was a "bush-league play."

:lol:
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

btw...

When is the last time A-Rod hit a Home Run when it mattered??

Saturday, A-Rod was up in the 9th with 2 on, 2 out down by 2 runs.

He popped out! I can't remember him ever coming through in the clutch!!!
Uh, that one he just hit makes me feel pretty good. For a guy who was on a team that didn't regularly make the playoffs what games that he played in did matter? yeah last year he didn't do what people thought but playing in NY has an affect on people. He seems to be doing pretty well right now, and if Giambi keeps up his hitting and their pitching comes through who knows what may happen.

Maybe Schilling should be carrying a purse now......
Carlos Lee

Post by Carlos Lee »

Laxplayer wrote:Maybe Schilling should be carrying a purse now......
Actually, it's just a case of him coming back way too early. He didn't pitch well in his re-hab appearances. His fastball is topping out at 88 MPH. You know he's a much better stronger pitcher than that. I think everyone thought that with the whole bloody-sock-superhuman effort last year in the playoffs, he was capable of overcoming this injury just as easily. Not so... he's obviously not ready, and throwing him out there to close because he doesn't have the endurance yet to pitch as a starter is just plain stupid.

The Sox are in trouble. Add this debacle to Millar's and Bellhorn's struggles and they are screwed. They are being EXPOSED right now. No 1B, no 2B, no closer, shoddy middle relief, and no Schilling every 5 days to "stop the bleeding". Young Epstein better be lighting up those phone lines like <<insert you fave R_T_S reset>>
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

It was good to see. I am not a Yankees fan, but I think I hate the Red Sox more b/c of the Guy Fawkesque lube job the media has given them. Schilling is a pompous ass and aside from voting for Bush, I was glad to see GayRod take his ass deep.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Hey the Yanks have pitching issues too. Their starters are shaky and tonight they start a kid just brought up from C-bus, their middle relief is shaky at best so they both have the same issues pitching wise.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Tim Redding

Pardon me while I

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

rozy wrote:Tim Redding

Pardon me while I

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Tim Redding is the best pitcher out of Rochester, NY since Hoss Radburn dropped a 59 and 12 record on the National League in 1884.

Slim pickins up here in the snow belt.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown