So I'm settling in on my new job...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

So I'm settling in on my new job...

Post by At Large »

I mentioned that I've started a new job. The new job is great. I'm in a better mood all around. It's a very positive atmosphere. Incentives to do better. Performance reviews aren't bitch out sessions. I can eat and drink at my desk. There's a really nice workout facility downstairs. Free office supplies and they get you what you want. They gave me a really expensive anti-glare screen and I didn't even ask for it. Ergonomic keyboard? No questions asked. My last job balked when I told them that I was feeling great pain in my hand from clicking on things all day. They honestly didn't know what to do because no one ever complained about those things. So I just taught myself how to use a mouse left-handed, which I continue today. I just use the right at home.

There's a breakroom with a nice TV. Vending machines on every floor in several areas. Plus, there's a really nice cafeteria down on the main floor that's been spoiling me. I find it hard to bring a lunch when I can just charge my meal to my check.

The only downside is my tiredness level. I'm getting up earlier to commute while we're trying to sell our house. Plus, working to maintain and fix things on the house while we're selling it is making me exhausted. I'm working on getting more sleep and exercising more.

Anyway, as you noticed, I'm posting during the day now because they tend to not complain about it like the old place, which absolutely forbid it.

Later and see you when college practice starts.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Re: So I'm settling in on my new job...

Post by T REX »

At Large wrote:I mentioned that I've started a new job. The new job is great. I'm in a better mood all around. It's a very positive atmosphere. Incentives to do better. Performance reviews aren't bitch out sessions. I can eat and drink at my desk. There's a really nice workout facility downstairs. Free office supplies and they get you what you want. They gave me a really expensive anti-glare screen and I didn't even ask for it. Ergonomic keyboard? No questions asked. My last job balked when I told them that I was feeling great pain in my hand from clicking on things all day. They honestly didn't know what to do because no one ever complained about those things. So I just taught myself how to use a mouse left-handed, which I continue today. I just use the right at home.

There's a breakroom with a nice TV. Vending machines on every floor in several areas. Plus, there's a really nice cafeteria down on the main floor that's been spoiling me. I find it hard to bring a lunch when I can just charge my meal to my check.

The only downside is my tiredness level. I'm getting up earlier to commute while we're trying to sell our house. Plus, working to maintain and fix things on the house while we're selling it is making me exhausted. I'm working on getting more sleep and exercising more.

Anyway, as you noticed, I'm posting during the day now because they tend to not complain about it like the old place, which absolutely forbid it.

Later and see you when college practice starts.
Let me guess.....you have a window and there were squirrels and they were married?

Yeeeeaaaah, we're going to need you to move down to storage B.....yeah, there's a bit of a roach problem.....yeah, if you could take of that, that'd be great.....m'kay.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07