That Nick Saban is a real stand up guy

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

That Nick Saban is a real stand up guy

Post by BSmack »

The Dolphins cut Quintin Williams today, not more than 24 hours after he was arrested for DWI and street racing (sup Paul?). Saban's comments were "This is not the kind of behavior we expect from our players,".

Meanwhile, Ricky Williams and David Boston are still welcome at Dolphins training camp.

What a stand up guy that Nick Saban is.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Get off Saban's dick. He was merely abiding by the NFL's new policy that restricted the number of Williamses on one team.
Nope. Not dead.
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

JHawkBCD wrote:Get off Saban's dick. He was merely abiding by the NFL's new policy that restricted the number of Williamses on one team.
Ya know... You think slaves would have been more clever that adopting their masters names. I mean what the fuck.. did the Williams plantation cover the whole south?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

frodo_biguns wrote:
JHawkBCD wrote:Get off Saban's dick. He was merely abiding by the NFL's new policy that restricted the number of Williamses on one team.
Ya know... You think slaves would have been more clever that adopting their masters names. I mean what the fuck.. did the Williams plantation cover the whole south?

Anyone want to touch this one?
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

Shoalzie wrote:
frodo_biguns wrote:

Anyone want to touch this one?
Sorry if this went over your head! Maybe picking up a history book mght help.

Post by Guest »

frodo_biguns wrote:
:lol: :shock:
BSmack

Re: That Nick Saban is a real stand up guy

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:The Dolphins cut Quintin Williams today, not more than 24 hours after he was arrested for DWI and street racing (sup Paul?). Saban's comments were "This is not the kind of behavior we expect from our players,".

Meanwhile, Ricky Williams and David Boston are still welcome at Dolphins training camp.

How many times have Ricky Williams and David Boston been arrested?
Boston has a DUI and at least a few positive drug tests.

Williams has 3 positives and is a team cancer.

Other than thet they're great guys. :roll:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Were they ever arrested? Link?
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Hapday wrote:Were they ever arrested? Link?
I don't know what they do up in Canada, but here in the US, you generaly have to get arrested for DUI.

Fuckin moron.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

I wonder if Saban will be cutting Randy McMicheal?

http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/jun04/240255.asp

It is so good to see such a stand up guy like Nick Saban in the NFL.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Awwwwww. I was looking forward to more BMonica spinning. Boston was arrested before he joined to Dolphins (obviously) and before Saban had the reigns of the club.
"This is not the kind of behavior we expect from our players," Dolphins coach Nick Saban said Thursday after learning of the arrest.
He didn't say he wanted everyone with an arrest sheet kicked off the team.

That being said, Saban is a dumbass for letting Williams back on the team. Wrong message to send to the lockerroom.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Hapday wrote:
Awwwwww. I was looking forward to more BMonica spinning. Boston was arrested before he joined to Dolphins (obviously) and before Saban had the reigns of the club.
But Saban had the choice to bring both Boston and Williams back this year and he said yes to both.
"This is not the kind of behavior we expect from our players," Dolphins coach Nick Saban said Thursday after learning of the arrest.
He didn't say he wanted everyone with an arrest sheet kicked off the team.

That being said, Saban is a dumbass for letting Williams back on the team. Wrong message to send to the lockerroom.
No, the lockerroom knows exactly what he's doing. No way Rickey Williams is anything more than a project this year. He will not be a team leader or a primary ball carrier. At some point in time he will be showcased as trade bait and shipped off to someone stupid enough to take him (sup Al Davis?).

I just wish Saban wouldn't be such a complete fucking hypocrite. Be like the rest of the NFL and hide it.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:But Saban had the choice to bring both Boston and Williams back this year and he said yes to both.
They aren't practice squad slappies.
So, if Saban were being honest (yea right), he would have said, "This is not behavior we expect from our scrub players".

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Why put up with crap from a player on the bubble?

If Davis Buston and Ricky Spleaf didn't have a lot of upside neither would be on the team either.

I wouldn't call Saben a hypocrite, he's more of a Fred Sanford sifting through the garbage trying to fill out a roster.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Did any of Boston or Williams' indiscretions happen WHILE Saban was coaching the Miami Dolphins?
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Joe in PB wrote:Why put up with crap from a player on the bubble?

If Davis Buston and Ricky Spleaf didn't have a lot of upside neither would be on the team either.

I wouldn't call Saben a hypocrite, he's more of a Fred Sanford sifting through the garbage trying to fill out a roster.
No, he's a hypocrite for pretending that cutting Quentin Williams was anything more than getting rid of a scrub player who had become a problem.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

BSmack wrote:
No, he's a hypocrite for pretending that cutting Quentin Williams was anything more than getting rid of a scrub player who had become a problem.
Why do you give a shit? If he cuts a scrub player who gives a shit what reasons he gives?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

BSmack wrote:The Dolphins cut Quintin Williams today, not more than 24 hours after he was arrested for DWI and street racing (sup Paul?). Saban's comments were "This is not the kind of behavior we expect from our players,".

I agree with ex-cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson who said that you have different rules for different players. Williams was going to be a nickel back, at best. Ricky Williams and Boston, in top form, are all-pro's.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

jiminphilly wrote:

I agree with ex-cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson who said that you have different rules for different players. Williams was going to be a nickel back, at best. Ricky Williams and Boston, in top form, are all-pro's.
But that's what was cool about JJ. At least he was HONEST about it. Hey, we all know that teams cut star players more slack. Christ, look at Randy Moss. If he were even a #2 reciever he would have been out of the league for the shit he did. But don't make yourself out to be some kind of good guy when you cut lose a problem child scrub.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Jimmy Johnson cut a scrub RB (can't remember his name) on the team flight for fumbling a ball. You think Emmitt would ever get cut for fumbling? Hell no.

If you're a scrub, you're a scrub. Walk the line carefully, because any indiscretion will get your ass cut. Saban is no groundbreaker in this area!

And save the melodramatics. He was cut because as a scrub, he has no room for error. On or off the field. If he were a star, there's room for error on both playing fields.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Headhunter wrote:Jimmy Johnson cut a scrub RB (can't remember his name) on the team flight for fumbling a ball. You think Emmitt would ever get cut for fumbling? Hell no.

If you're a scrub, you're a scrub. Walk the line carefully, because any indiscretion will get your ass cut. Saban is no groundbreaker in this area!

And save the melodramatics. He was cut because as a scrub, he has no room for error. On or off the field. If he were a star, there's room for error on both playing fields.
I'm sorry, I guess it is too much to expect words to have real meaning.

"This is not the kind of behavior we expect from our players,"

sin

Nick Saban

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

BSmack wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Jimmy Johnson cut a scrub RB (can't remember his name) on the team flight for fumbling a ball. You think Emmitt would ever get cut for fumbling? Hell no.

If you're a scrub, you're a scrub. Walk the line carefully, because any indiscretion will get your ass cut.
Saban is no groundbreaker in this area!

I'm sorry, I guess it is too much to expect words to have real meaning.

sin

Nick Saban

re-read the bolded part. Was it an excuse to shitcan a scrub? Hell yeah. Was it a reasonable excuse? Yeah. Would that excuse fly to can a star? Nope. Is that the kind of behavior they expect from their players? I'm pretty sure it is. Hell, what team doesn't have a DUI case or two on their roster. Is that the kind of behavior they expect from scrubs? Fuck no. Sorry. Here's the door.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Headhunter wrote:re-read the bolded part. Was it an excuse to shitcan a scrub? Hell yeah. Was it a reasonable excuse? Yeah. Would that excuse fly to can a star? Nope. Is that the kind of behavior they expect from their players? I'm pretty sure it is. Hell, what team doesn't have a DUI case or two on their roster. Is that the kind of behavior they expect from scrubs? Fuck no. Sorry. Here's the door.
Re-read this...

"I'm sorry, I guess it is too much to expect words to have real meaning."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

BSmack wrote: I'm sorry, I guess it is too much to expect words to have real meaning.

sin

Nick Saban
What the fuck do you care? Are you suddenly that worried about the integrity of the Miami Dolphins organization? Should we start calling you "KC Brian" any time soon?
Nope. Not dead.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

JHawkBCD wrote:
BSmack wrote: I'm sorry, I guess it is too much to expect words to have real meaning.

sin

Nick Saban
What the fuck do you care? Are you suddenly that worried about the integrity of the Miami Dolphins organization? Should we start calling you "KC Brian" any time soon?
It's the off season. Like there's anything big happening?

Do I have to paint a fucking picture?

Sheesh.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

BSmack wrote:
Headhunter wrote:re-read the bolded part. Was it an excuse to shitcan a scrub? Hell yeah. Was it a reasonable excuse? Yeah. Would that excuse fly to can a star? Nope. Is that the kind of behavior they expect from their players? I'm pretty sure it is. Hell, what team doesn't have a DUI case or two on their roster. Is that the kind of behavior they expect from scrubs? Fuck no. Sorry. Here's the door.
Re-read this...

"I'm sorry, I guess it is too much to expect words to have real meaning."
They did have real meaning. They meant "you're fired". He was canned because of his problems off the field. His play on the field did not justify making an exception.

And I see your Image

And raise you a Image
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

BSmack wrote:
It's the off season. Like there's anything big happening?

Do I have to paint a fucking picture?

Sheesh.
So you are admitting you are completely full of shit. Just a regular day and a regular BMonica post.