Boeing Starliner 1st Astronaut Flight

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

StrawMan
Elwood

Re: Boeing Starliner 1st Astronaut Flight

Post by StrawMan »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:02 am
StrawMan wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:35 pm Suni Williams to the International Space Station.
I looked her up. 58 years old, looks like she's been doing speed tests without a wind screen. Would not want to see her in high G.
Live Hard, Die Fast, and Leave a Pretty Corpse -- HA! Hold it right there, MF'er
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

Boeing’s Starliner is set to Launch May 06, err May 10, umm May 17, err May 21, 2024.

NASA, Boeing Now Working Toward May 25 Launch of Crew Flight Test

https://blogs.nasa.gov/boeing-crew-flight-test/

Bzzzzzzrrrrrrrtttttt... try try again.

Boeing Starliner's 1st astronaut launch delayed again, this time with no new flight date

"The next possible launch opportunity is still being discussed."

A Winning Card of Bullshit Bingo: "The team has been in meetings for two consecutive days, assessing flight rationale, system performance, and redundancy. There is still forward work in these areas, and the next possible launch opportunity is still being discussed," the e-mail update read in part. . . .

https://www.space.com/boeing-starliner- ... aunch-date

Related: "2 astronaut taxis: Why NASA wants both Boeing's Starliner and SpaceX's Dragon"

https://www.space.com/nasa-boeing-starl ... redundancy

Scrap This TURD*!

* Tremendously Underperforming Retrograde Design
HighPlainsGrifter
Eternal Scobode

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

Yeesh. At this point do we turn over the whole project over to Richard Branson?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

... or Stanley Kubrick.

Wait...

Oh, he's -----> dead.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
HighPlainsGrifter
Eternal Scobode

Softball Bat wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:05 pm ... or Stanley Kubrick.

Wait...

Oh, he's -----> dead.
I see what you did there and I do not disagree.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:52 pm Yeesh. At this point do we turn over the whole project over to Richard Branson?
Relocate the project to Western New York. They'll have a Pontiac 6000 and a Bugatti Chiron in orbit by the end of the week.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:52 pm Yeesh. At this point do we turn over the whole project over to Richard Branson?
I don't know. Someone died at during a Virgin Galactic test flight. Boeing's space unit hasn't killed anyone...yet. Scoreboard: Boeing, I guess.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

Some Lackey wrote:June 1, 2024 at 12:35 PM
SCRUB! Starliner launch attempt called off

United Launch Alliance has called an official scrub while engineers work to understand why a Ground Launch Sequencer called an automatic hold 3 minutes and 50 seconds before liftoff.

There will be no Starliner launch today.

Boeing and ULA may attempt another launch try on Sunday, June 2, if they can clear the issue in time.
Unbeebable. These idiots couldn't find their ass with both hands.
HighPlainsGrifter
Eternal Scobode

Did it happen? Did our brave BoeNaughts go to space yet?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:41 pm Did it happen? Did our brave BoeNaughts go to space yet?
No. It was delayed once again. June 5 now.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

StrawMan wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:51 pm Unbeebable. These idiots couldn't find their ass with both hands.
I don't see what the big deal is. A computer called it off. Better safe than sorry.
HighPlainsGrifter
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:34 pm
StrawMan wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:51 pm Unbeebable. These idiots couldn't find their ass with both hands.
I don't see what the big deal is. A computer called it off. Better safe than sorry.
Especially for Boeing right now. They'll scrub a launch for the minutest of reasons. If this thing immolates on national television, Boeing's market cap will be in free fall. They can't chance any little malfunction or they'll get memefucked into bankruptcy court.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Good call, but NASA in general will scrub launches for the tiniest of reasons. They aren't willing to risk people being blown to smithereens. And nor should they.
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:34 pm
It's not a big deal. I was pretty chapped when I posted that, having watched hours of pre-flight, only to have them scrub at -3:50.

IIRC, if they can't launch tomorrow or Thursday, they may be looking at another indefinite delay, though. That would be a big deal. There is only one docking port on the ISS that's compatible with the Boeing Starliner, and there are other scheduled flights coming up that will have to use it.

Successful or not, millions over budget and years behind schedule is still a big deal. Just get the crew up there and home in one piece already.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

StrawMan wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:56 pm It's not a big deal. I was pretty chapped when I posted that, having watched hours of pre-flight, only to have them scrub at -3:50.
I'd be pretty chapped, too.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Boeing finally got it right (so far after 21 minutes of flight).

After about 6 minutes of flight one could see the curvature of the Earf in plain sight. Well, most of us....
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Diego wrote:After about 6 minutes of flight one could see the curvature of the Earf in plain sight. Well, most of us....
Link?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:16 pm Good call, but NASA in general will scrub launches for the tiniest of reasons. They aren't willing to risk people being blown to smithereens. And nor should they.
Wait? What? THA FUCK!!

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

Softball Bat wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:12 pm
Diego wrote:After about 6 minutes of flight one could see the curvature of the Earf in plain sight. Well, most of us....
Link?
SpaceX's camera coverage blows away NASA's. Check out footage from today's launch, from the 39:00 mark to the 49:00 minute mark.

https://www.spacex.com/launches/mission ... p-flight-4

Deece camera work! Your thoughts?
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

mvscal wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:46 pm
Screw_Michigan wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:16 pm Good call, but NASA in general will scrub launches for the tiniest of reasons. They aren't willing to risk people being blown to smithereens. And nor should they.
Wait? What? THA FUCK!!

THAT NEVER HAPPENED!! Grissom, Chaffee, and White were put in WitSec and get together in Las Vegas a couple times a year.

Sin,

Space program deniers
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

StrawMan wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:09 pm
poptart wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:12 pm
Link?
SpaceX's camera coverage blows away NASA's. Check out footage from today's launch, from the 39:00 mark to the 49:00 minute mark.

https://www.spacex.com/launches/mission ... p-flight-4

Deece camera work! Your thoughts?
It's a good show.

:smile:
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:02 am I looked her up. 58 years old, looks like she's been doing speed tests without a wind screen. Would not want to see her in high G.
It's been bugging me... I KNEW I had seen her grille before. H.R. Pufnstuf's Witchypoo!
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

StrawMan wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:25 am
HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:02 am I looked her up. 58 years old, looks like she's been doing speed tests without a wind screen. Would not want to see her in high G.
It's been bugging me... I KNEW I had seen her grille before. H.R. Pufnstuf's Witchypoo!
:lol:
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits