Post by kcdave »

Can't find a damn thing new worthy of the
thread this morning, so we'll just hop in the
way back machine.

[youtube3]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIhxUky ... rt_radio=1[/youtube3]

Rain will be tossing a monkey wrench into many folks
plans here in FOC this morning, but after lunch looks
to be a little better.

Have I talked about the red hot Royals yet this spring?
Coming off their best April ever, and just beat the defending
world champs last night. I don't get to watch any of these games,
as we pulled the cord years ago, and I am too fucking cheap to
pony of the $40 a month to stream it. Still free on the radio
though .... and I listen in when I can. Pitching looks very good
and the bats are NICE also. Life is much better when you have
a sport to give a shit about in the spring and summer.

M.o.t.W.

Goat fucker meme's will always get a chuckle from me.

I also get a chuckle from all the idiots out protesting for the goat fuckers
out at the colleges. None of them have a clue what they are even protesting,
and it literally is the biggest waste of fucking time, EVER! The two sides have
been fighting over some land and arguing about their fairy tale beliefs for
thousands of years. :hammer:

Speaking of fighting, I know its only a meme ... but these 2 cunts really
should hook up and bury their faces in each others snatches ... errr bury
the hatchet.

The jerkability factor would be quite high for most of you with this one.
Not saying I was scoff at it myself, but both are a little light in the saddle
for my taste.
Now this bim on the other hand ....

https://www.instagram.com/Juicyjaimiesmiles

:rasta:

#thickchicksiswhereitsat

Happy Weekend, Y'all.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: Weekend Roll Call 5-4-24

Post by Wolfman »

IN---- peace, love, and understanding of course.
Tunes tonight would be cool.
Enjoy.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Roux
Elwood

Post by Roux »

Went to Jazzfest and that was a lot of fun. Wiped me out though, and I'm grateful that they had a handicapped area. All worth it. Did a lot of good eating before during and after. The Stones had some locals join in, Rockin Dupse's son(?) played accordian for a song. Irma Thomas wrote Time is on My Side, which became their first U.S. hit, and she sang that with them, that definitely was cool.

Jagger took a shot at our governor, who was there, he said something about being inclusive, and then "we welcome Gov Landry even though he wants to take us back to the stone ages". Crowd went nuts. Gov later responded on twitter but I don't want to get into it.

Last night I had perfect behind home plate tickets to the LSU vs A&M baseball game, but game them away because we were just too tired from going to NOLA. Listened on the radio, Tigers won. And if the defending national champs want to even make the post season, they need to win some more games.

There's a neighborhood crawfish boil today so I might add some pics from that later. For now here are some pics from yesterday that don't come close to conveying the scene. Off to Costco, may the 4th be with you, y'all have a good one.

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Heard Jazzfest shut down the other 13 stages when the Stones played; didn’t want artists performing in front of no audience. Read about Irma Thomas joining them onstage for Time Is on My Side; that was pretty cool. Also read about Mick’s comments to the Governor and his response. Gonna see the Stones in Phoenix next week, 6th row floor seats. Haven’t seen them since ~1989. It’ll be mama’s first and likely last time seeing them.
Wolfman wrote:Tunes tonight would be cool.
Should be a good one tonight; 1st TT show of May, birthdays to celebrate (including yours!), Derby Day, Star Wars Day, Cinco de Mayo...

Be there early to get a good seat and ensure you don't miss the tastiness at the top of the show!
"I see everything twice!"
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

So far, a good weekend for me. Attended my daughter's graduation from university this morning then off to my son's house to help with his vegetable garden. Stopped and picked up a fat T-bone on the way home and will be grilling that in about an hour. As always, will be using my favorite steak seasoning from the Hitching Post in Casmalia, CA on it. Will probably have to get out and mow the lawn tomorrow.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Met a lady friend for lunch and a movie. She has always had good taste in flicks, so I told her I’d see whatever she chose. Huge error on my part. Saw The Fall Guy. Total garbage. Wasted 2 hours of my limited time remaining on this orb (apologies to Poptart).

Only salvageable moments: beautiful pony-tailed blond waitress with the tiniest waist I’ve ever seen at First Watch. First visit there for me. Damn good BLT with eggs .

Cool pics, Chip.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Just got home from watching the St. Louis Battlehawks improve to 5-1 on the season. Rack playing in a dome. The Cardinals game just 10 blocks away was on a 3 hour rain delay and then the 2nd worst umpire in MLB ended the game with a called strike 3 that was only nearly a foot off the plate. The game was in the bottom of the 10th, White Sox up by 1, bases loaded and 2 outs. It's already bad enough they couldn't score in that situation but worse to lose to a bad call.

Battlehawks put on a great show each week! Games are affordable (rack $47 club level seats), atmosphere is amazing, the football itself isn't the watered down two-hand touch league everyone still creams themselves over every year.

The UFL championship game will be held at our dome and so far the Battlehawks are the favorites to not only play for the championship but to win it too.

Time for some more beer and hot tub.
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

If AJ McCarron was the Stallions QB, they’d dominate even more. You guys are lucky to have him.
Roux
Elwood

Post by Roux »

d-townmike wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:45 am Time for some more beer and hot tub
Rack

Neighborhood crawfish boil yesterday, we got there late and they were trying to unload the rest of them, so each of those bags were just $5. We ate as much as we wanted and there was a nice pile of leftovers. I'll probably make an etouffee on Monday with those.

Some friends coming over later today, we've got a nice sack of oysters that are headed for the grill. Last few days have been some good eating.

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Damn that looks tasty. We’re having about a dozen people over this afternoon for a spur of the moment bbq. Made a big batch of potato salad last night and marinating some boneless chicken thighs in teriyaki and breast tenders in Italian dressing to grill and serve on brioche buns. I’ll also be grilling some portobello mushrooms for my vegetarian son. Stepdaughter visiting from NY will be making a big Greek salad. Hopefully someone will bring a birthday cake, though I’m not advertising for my B-day on Wednesday
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

We took our two (grown) kids and daughter in law to the Rady Shell in San Diego on Friday to see Raiders of the Lost Ark “in concert” with the San Diego Symphony. We did this last summer for Princess Bride and will be going back in a couple months for Return of the Jedi. Seeing these films with the score performed live by a full orchestra is really pretty cool.

Here’s a picture from our seats of the sunset looking over San Diego Bay towards Point Loma.

Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

Watching a movie with a live orchestra sounds amazing. I'd take a flight just to see The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.
Roux
Elwood

Post by Roux »

NCAA lacrosse on TV, conference championships. ND vs Duke, ND is #1 in the country and beating the hell out of #2 Duke.

I hate to think how stupid these guys would have made me look in the goal. The talent difference is vast, and that word isn't sufficient. They'd probably beat my TCU team something like 35-2, and they'd play back ups after the 1st quarter.
Roux
Elwood

Post by Roux »

Chargrilled oysters with crabmeat.
Damn these things were good. And I didn't have to cook either. Happy Cinco day

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Roux wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:09 pm NCAA lacrosse on TV, conference championships. ND vs Duke, ND is #1 in the country and beating the hell out of #2 Duke.

I hate to think how stupid these guys would have made me look in the goal. The talent difference is vast, and that word isn't sufficient. They'd probably beat my TCU team something like 35-2, and they'd play back ups after the 1st quarter.
I was enjoying watching the NCAA women's beach volleyball championships on ESPN+. The legs, the asses, the tans, the blondes, the excitement. So much to love!

"College age? Nah, too old for me."

Sincerely,
Carson, T1B's Roman Polanski
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Looks excellent, Jsc. However, I've never been a fan of cooked oysters whether breaded/fried, oyster stew, etc. Absolutely love them raw though.
Re: crawfish boil- only had once before, in Jackson, MS. Loved it. Throughout much of the country, crayfish are prevalent including western PA. I've purchased some crayfish traps in the past but have never made the time to actually set them and reap the rewards. Someday, someday. I've looked into having live crayfish shipped to me from LA, but it is cost prohibitive and the rest of my extended family would probably decline if I hosted a boil.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Sudden Sam wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:31 pm If AJ McCarron was the Stallions QB, they’d dominate even more. You guys are lucky to have him.
We nearly lost him too. He signed with the Bengals in the off-season only for them to release him and he came right back to the Battlehawks. Dude is amazing!
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
Roux
Elwood

Post by Roux »

Ken wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:20 pm Throughout much of the country, crayfish are prevalent including western PA.
Crawfish that far north?? Had no idea. They are stupid easy to catch, just put some sort of carcass in the trap and leave it for a few days. When you boil them, you end up using MUCH more salt and seasoning than you'd expect. All good
Ken

Post by Ken »

Roux wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:32 pm
Ken wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:20 pm Throughout much of the country, crayfish are prevalent including western PA.
Crawfish that far north?? Had no idea.
Oh, absolutely. Hell, up into Minnesota even. Watch vids of crawfishing in Idaho. The sizes of them dwarf those of LA and other points south. While it is a part of the culture down there, there are still certainly crawfish boils going on in the warmer months of the year in the northern states.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Used to be a big crawfish festival in a tiny place called Faunsdale in west Alabama. Guy from Louisiana bought the restaurant there, Faunsdale Bar and Grille, and called it Ca-John’s. He’d have bands and tons of food. Big open bar area. Lotsa fun and Alabama coeds would make the trip down there. Good times. I think the place is closed now.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:46 pm Carson, T1B's Roman Polanski
Two reasons why I love living in Europe:

1. It's tax-free per my contract.

2. It's rent-free inside Swallow_Jizzagain's macrocephalic dome.

OBLIGATORY STOCK PHOTO:

kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

RACK all the food pics.
Making me very hungry at 4AM.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Roux wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:40 pm
d-townmike wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:45 am Time for some more beer and hot tub

The restraint to pile those tails up is RACKable in itself.

Damn that looks good!
Roux
Elwood

Post by Roux »

That was me who peeled those crawfish. Neighborhood crawfish boil, ate as much as I could and that's what was left over. Gonna make an etouffee tonight or tomorrow. Recipe 1 Recipe 2 Recipe 3
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:46 pm
Agreed.

Carson's Auburn chronicles, detailing the slow descent into madness as the main characters withdraw from the world around them, terrified me in a way that no run-of-the-mill football post can.
His unique blend of surreal nightmare leading to full psychotic break in the epic 'LSU Sucks Ass', was a truly horrifying roller coaster ride full of images that lead to rape, murder.. and beyond! :shock:

If there was ever any serious doubts of Carson's ability to bring a nightmare to full fruition, let them be laid to rest.

9 out of 10!
:popcorn:
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dr_Phibes wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:37 am
Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:46 pm
Agreed.

Carson's Auburn chronicles, detailing the slow descent into madness as the main characters withdraw from the world around them, terrified me in a way that no run-of-the-mill football post can.
His unique blend of surreal nightmare leading to full psychotic break in the epic 'LSU Sucks Ass', was a truly horrifying roller coaster ride full of images that lead to rape, murder.. and beyond! :shock:

If there was ever any serious doubts of Carson's ability to bring a nightmare to full fruition, let them be laid to rest.

9 out of 10!
:popcorn:
Terrifying. To say the least.