Doom

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

L45B
Commanche Hero

Re: Doom

Post by L45B »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:15 amA tale as old as time, as old as UM beating OSU in football.
:lol: You must be reminiscing about the pre 1950s
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

L45B wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:37 am :lol: You must be reminiscing about the pre 1950s
I just knew it would get your attention. :oops:
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:15 am A D incumbent is up for re-election. Time to whip up some good ol' national debt hysteria.
Since the Republicans refused to work with Biden on the border their usual whipping of brown-person phobia won't hunt. And they're starting to realize that their culture wars are coming back to haunt them (see AL10). This is about all that they have left.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

EARTHQUAKE... in NYC?

Yes.
Magnitude 4.7.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-y ... latestnews
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Softball Bat wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:03 pm EARTHQUAKE... in NYC?

Yes.
Magnitude 4.7.

Felt it. Thought a helicopter was flying too low. Fault line is 50 miles away in western NJ.

Everyone’s asking about when the aftershocks, if any, will ensue. Life on an island.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

My stepdaughter lives in Ringwood, NJ (about 25 miles NW of NYC) and has an apartment in Manhattan where her son lives while at NYU. She says that they felt it in both places and it was kind of cute compared to CA.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

L45B wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:55 pm
Softball Bat wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:03 pm EARTHQUAKE... in NYC?

Yes.
Magnitude 4.7.

Felt it. Thought a helicopter was flying too low. Fault line is 50 miles away in western NJ.

Everyone’s asking about when the aftershocks, if any, will ensue. Life on an island.
Tell Chris Christie to knock it off with the jumping Jack's...
9/27/22
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

L45B wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:55 pm
poptart wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:03 pm EARTHQUAKE... in NYC?

Yes.
Magnitude 4.7.

A 4.0 just a short while ago in New Jersey.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/40-magnitude ... aVJYh3LzXc
Roux
Elwood

Post by Roux »

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Roux wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:15 am Image
Ted's dead.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

Well Marjorie says its because we need to repent.

“God is sending America strong signs to tell us to repent. Earthquakes and eclipses and many more things to come,”

eclipses? What a dumb bitch. Self absorbed narcissist and blow job sales champ. Yet millions of Georgians idolize her. Clown Show 559.6

https://www.yahoo.com/news/marjorie-tay ... 08938.html

:0071:
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Eclipse? Yeah nobody knew that was coming.

Meat Head wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:28 pm Well Marjorie says its because we need to repent.

“God is sending America strong signs to tell us to repent. Earthquakes and eclipses MTG, Boobert, Gayts, the Orange One and many more things to come,”
Yep I think some repentment is definitely in order.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

She’s right! Quit bashing her!

The sun disappeared yesterday evening and it got dark at my house.

REPENT, you fucking heathens!
Roux
Elwood

Post by Roux »

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Roux wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:38 pm Nuclear DOOM :shock:
That was a pleasant read.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

4/11

What's happening?

What are we looking at here?

Doom?
Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

Softball Bat wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:45 am What are we looking at here?

Doom?
Did all yer moms go on a cruise together and sun their taints at the same time?
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Softball Bat wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:45 am

Pac-Man invading Africa?

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

poptart wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:45 am 4/11

What's happening?

Doom?

Newsweek wrote an article about this.

https://www.newsweek.com/underwater-ano ... st-1889674

Ventusky (the site that showed this anomaly) says it was a model error.

That said, MrMBB333 points out extensive (7 or 8 states) "coastal inundation" today along the Atlantic Seaboard.
0:15 to 1:50 in the video below...

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

26 barges break loose and float down Ohio River, causing damage and prompting bridge closures in Pittsburgh, officials say

:shock:

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/13/us/p ... index.html

Eleven of the barges were located and pinned against the river bank by Brunot Island, according to a news
release from the City of Pittsburgh. They were being held by a tugboat.

Meanwhile, 14 continued down the river and six have gone over the Emsworth Dam, the city said...
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Probably caused intentionally by a swarthy complexioned terrorist who crossed the southern border carrying 200 lb of fentanyl, raping couple of dozen white women on the way and forcing them into sex slavery.

Thanks Joe Biden.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Gold and silver are vaulting up suddenly like nobody’s business (literally). This may be fun to see if you are sitting on a pile, even a small pile of the stuff. But to everybody else it’s a signal that something is messed up in the complex engine of the economy. You know, of course, that our money is debt. So, debt is the fuel that drives that engine. Debt is a promise to pay back money with interest to take advantage of the time-value of money. The time-value of money means it’s better to have the money now (to keep the engine running) than to wait until your work produces money (if it even can).

The trouble is, debt loses its credibility if there is no plausible way of paying it back, or even just to keep paying the interest. That’s exactly what is happening now. Everybody can see that the US government can’t pay the interest on its debt, which is Treasury bonds, notes, and bills (from long duration to short). That debt is running at well over $1-trillion a year. That’s a thousand billion, which is a thousand million, altogether a million million. See, it’s impossible to grok how more than a trillion dollars gets produced in an economy based on selling fried chicken nuggets and streamed movies to people with no jobs.

When the Treasury holds an auction on a new issue of bonds (needed to pay off the interest on old bonds) and nobody shows up to buy because they doubt its ability to pay interest on the new paper, our country’s debt becomes worthless. As a last resort, the Federal Reserve swoops in and buys that worthless paper by creating “money” on its computer. That “money” goes out into the economy. The Fed pretends to get paid interest. It’s all fakery, a swindle. It’s like putting water in the gas tank of your engine. You know that the engine is going to throw a rod. When it does, it’ll be such a shock that the vehicle it’s running in is liable to hit a bridge abutment or something else hard. That’s what tumbling off the cliff is like.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The Seer wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:19 pm Gold and silver are vaulting up suddenly like nobody’s business (literally). This may be fun to see if you are sitting on a pile, even a small pile of the stuff. But to everybody else it’s a signal that something is messed up in the complex engine of the economy. You know, of course, that our money is debt. So, debt is the fuel that drives that engine. Debt is a promise to pay back money with interest to take advantage of the time-value of money. The time-value of money means it’s better to have the money now (to keep the engine running) than to wait until your work produces money (if it even can).

The trouble is, debt loses its credibility if there is no plausible way of paying it back, or even just to keep paying the interest. That’s exactly what is happening now. Everybody can see that the US government can’t pay the interest on its debt, which is Treasury bonds, notes, and bills (from long duration to short). That debt is running at well over $1-trillion a year. That’s a thousand billion, which is a thousand million, altogether a million million. See, it’s impossible to grok how more than a trillion dollars gets produced in an economy based on selling fried chicken nuggets and streamed movies to people with no jobs.

When the Treasury holds an auction on a new issue of bonds (needed to pay off the interest on old bonds) and nobody shows up to buy because they doubt its ability to pay interest on the new paper, our country’s debt becomes worthless. As a last resort, the Federal Reserve swoops in and buys that worthless paper by creating “money” on its computer. That “money” goes out into the economy. The Fed pretends to get paid interest. It’s all fakery, a swindle. It’s like putting water in the gas tank of your engine. You know that the engine is going to throw a rod. When it does, it’ll be such a shock that the vehicle it’s running in is liable to hit a bridge abutment or something else hard. That’s what tumbling off the cliff is like.
:meds:

You are a quack
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

We should have let Israel take out the Natanz nuclear site a long time ago.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

Russia Hits Underground Gas Reserves in Ukraine; "Mushroom Cloud" from Fierce Explosion
Hal Turner wrote:At dawn, Russia achieved the largest strategic strike in Ukraine in history, when it destroyed Ukraine's largest underground gas storage in Bilche-Volitsko-Uher in the city of Stryjak near Ľvov.

Russia utilized Kh-47 Kinzhal supersonic missiles and Kh-101 cruise missiles, to strike and detonate 17 billion cubic meters of stored natural gas!

The attack came from three different sides.

The destruction of the natural gas, combined with Russia's unwillingness to supply new gas, means that Ukraine is "done" from an energy perspective.

A total of eight MiG-31 fighters carrying Kinzhal and Kh-101 aircraft hit the gas reserve, causing a nuclear-like mushroom cloud visible from Poland, 100 km from the Ukrainian border.

The reserve tank was located at a depth of 50 meters (~150 feet) from the surface of the earth, which did not prevent Kinžal from going through the stony ground "like a knife through butter" and exploding into the tank!

In Poland, radiation measurements began after what initially appeared to be a nuclear attack there, but this has not been confirmed.

Ukraine currently has less than half of its gas reserves, and after the destruction of the reserve, it cannot even be supplied from the European market.

The attack on this underground gas reservoir was confirmed by the Ukrainian company Zdroj 24 news.
Remember a year ago when the world was agiggle at Ukraine farmers dragging Russian tanks around? Those
memes aged like milk.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

poptart wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:28 am
poptart wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:45 am 4/11

What's happening?

Doom?

Newsweek wrote an article about this.

https://www.newsweek.com/underwater-ano ... st-1889674

Ventusky (the site that showed this anomaly) says it was a model error.

That said, MrMBB333 points out extensive (7 or 8 states) "coastal inundation" today along the Atlantic Seaboard.
0:15 to 1:50 in the video below...

This is wild.

PROOF The Antarctica 'Anomaly' Was NOT a GLITCH!

"Some kind of energy pulse coming from Antarctica."

8 minute video.
Give it a watch and form your own opinion.

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

HPG wrote:Russia Hits Underground Gas Reserves in Ukraine; "Mushroom Cloud" from Fierce Explosion
Next week is going to be wild!
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

The Seer wrote:The trouble is, debt loses its credibility if there is no plausible way of paying it back, or even just to keep paying the interest. That’s exactly what is happening now. Everybody can see that the US government can’t pay the interest on its debt, which is Treasury bonds, notes, and bills (from long duration to short). That debt is running at well over $1-trillion a year. That’s a thousand billion, which is a thousand million, altogether a million million. See, it’s impossible to grok how more than a trillion dollars gets produced in an economy based on selling fried chicken nuggets and streamed movies to people with no jobs.

Everything is fine... until it isn't fine.

Anyone with a brain knows there will be an implosion point.

Are we there?
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Softball Bat wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:30 pm
HPG wrote:Russia Hits Underground Gas Reserves in Ukraine; "Mushroom Cloud" from Fierce Explosion
Next week is going to be wild!
Mushroom cloud? Hold my beer.

/s/
Iran
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Softball Bat wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:32 pm
The Seer wrote:The trouble is, debt loses its credibility if there is no plausible way of paying it back, or even just to keep paying the interest. That’s exactly what is happening now. Everybody can see that the US government can’t pay the interest on its debt, which is Treasury bonds, notes, and bills (from long duration to short). That debt is running at well over $1-trillion a year. That’s a thousand billion, which is a thousand million, altogether a million million. See, it’s impossible to grok how more than a trillion dollars gets produced in an economy based on selling fried chicken nuggets and streamed movies to people with no jobs.

Are we there?
Reminds of an old adage. Going bankrupt happens very slowly, then all at once.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:58 pm
The Seer wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:19 pm See, it’s impossible to grok how more than a trillion dollars gets produced in an economy based on selling fried chicken nuggets and streamed movies to people with no jobs.

You are a quack
Weird...it even included a reference to your societal niche.....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

The Seer wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:04 am
Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:58 pm
The Seer wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:19 pm See, it’s impossible to grok how more than a trillion dollars gets produced in an economy based on selling fried chicken nuggets and streamed movies to people with no jobs.

You are a quack
Weird...it even included a reference to your societal niche.....
You were right about one thing...it's impossible to grok.
9/27/22
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Softball Bat wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:32 pm

Are we there?
Which you have been predicting every year since SCII (or is it SCI?).

In this case the blind squirrel is still looking for his nut.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

poptart wrote:Everything is fine... until it isn't fine.

Are we there?
Mikey wrote:Which you have been predicting every year since SCII (or is it SCI?).

If that were true, I wouldn't be doing too bad.

From its high near the end of 1999 to its low in September of '02, the Dow lost 39%.

From its high in the fall of '07 to its low in early '09, the Dow lost 50%.

From it's high in late '19 to its low in early '20, the Dow lost 24%.

That's 3 pretty solid implosions right there.

But those are not the BIG ones.

Ross Perot was way ahead of me, Mikey.
He was on top of this in the run for the '92 presidency.
He knew America was being hollowed out, and that is exactly what has happened over the past few decades.

When I was growing up in the '60s, a family could get by pretty well where I lived with one bread-winner.
Dad was bringing home the bacon and mom was staying at home to raise the kids.
It was common.
People were doing alright.

Not now.
The middle class has been r@ped.

Ross
Freaking
Perot
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

That depends on your definition of “implosion” I guess. The markets go up and the markets go down. They always have and they always will. And yet somehow we all (at least most of us) survive, and here we are pushing new highs, it seems, on a regular basis. Sure, there are winners and there are losers and it’s not always (never?) fair, but that depends on your POV. And it also depends on a lot of personal decisions that each individual makes on their own. You say that the middle class is getting “raped” but it wouldn’t happen so easily if people exhibited some drive, energy and intelligence, starting by not dropping trou and bending over.

(PS…and constantly bitching about it, which seems to be the MAGA solution of choice, doesn’t accomplish anything)

For every “bust” that you conveniently deposit in your little stash of acorns, there has to be a “boom” preceding it.