Just Sold Over 400 LPs

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Just Sold Over 400 LPs

Post by Sudden Sam »

Never thought I’d let them go, but most of my “kids” left the house today.

Sharks, Be Bop Deluxe, Wishbone Ash, Tank, Hydra, Riggs, UFO, Kick Axe, Warner Hodge, Brand X, blues, rock, country…gone.

I kept a couple hundred that I couldn’t part with. But the bulk of ‘em are out on their own now. I miss ‘em already. The artwork. The liner notes. The feel of the vinyl.

Oh well…
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Just Sold Over 400 LPs

Post by Mikey »

As long as you kept a few with fold out covers to roll joints on.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:58 am Never thought I’d let them go, but most of my “kids” left the house today.

Sharks, Be Bop Deluxe, Wishbone Ash, Tank, Hydra, Riggs, UFO, Kick Axe, Warner Hodge, Brand X, blues, rock, country…gone.

I kept a couple hundred that I couldn’t part with. But the bulk of ‘em are out on their own now. I miss ‘em already. The artwork. The liner notes. The feel of the vinyl.

Oh well…
"Kids" these days don't appreciate how awesome artwork was on physical media. Beautiful, shocking, everything.

Of course, as soon as I heard of the USAF airman who self-immolated in front of the Israeli Embassy, I played this album.

kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sorry that’s not even Boomer music. More like Gen X.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Music is “appreciated “ so differently now. I could sit all night with album covers in my hand, reading the voluminous notes, credits, etc.; rolling joints on them as Mikey mentioned; and enjoying the artwork. So many incredible covers burned into my skull.

I was a Hipgnosis/Storm Thorgerson fan from early on. The artwork they created for UFO, Brand X, Wishbone Ash, 10cc, the Nice, and countless other bands was fascinating. The work they created has stood the test of time. Looking at some of it now, Photoshop would make it easy…yet with photos and hand tinting and artistry, those guys designed beautiful art.

Just the heft, the feel of an album meant something. And the song order, the liner notes, the photos. Now it’s download a single song and that’s it. Tragic.

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

I had my record collection gathering dust, not getting the nostalgic demand for the "vinyl sound" taking place. Finally needed the room and satisfied with my contemporary sound system I stopped into a couple record shops nearby. Figured I'd get a few bucks but to my amazement my 300 or so discs brought me around $2000...and they're going to make a profit on that? Vinyl must be a real thing.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Sudden Sam wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:58 amThe artwork
Always thought this was one of the weirdest album covers:

"I see everything twice!"
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

As a kid I always got a laugh out of this artwork on the back of Endless Summer.

“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Here’s a selfie that I took about 15 years ago. I’ve aged a little since then, though the hairline hasn’t changed much.

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

I know Mikey’s Climax Blues Band photo is a Hipgnosis design and I’m 99.99% sure the Golden Earring one is as well.

Followup: yep, it is. Had to be.