CFP Final Four

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: CFP Final Four

Post by Mikey »

FiatLux wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:55 pm
FiatLux wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:42 pm .

It's payback time for the Eagles. Niners stomp them in Philly.

This is why I don't play pick'em. I'm just too good.
News flash!! You’re not the only one who picked the Niners.

I’ll have to admit, though, that you’re the only one who picked them in the wrong forum.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Does anyone find it a little odd that all anyone is talking about is Alabama being chosen over Florida State?

If the school that cheated at a level sufficient to have their coach suspended for 3 games was thrown out of the rankings, Florida State would be in the CFP.

Alabama did nothing to earn all this anger. Michigan did. Now it’s left to the Tide to punish Harbaugh.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Because Nick Saban has neeever lobbied for a spot.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Mikey wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:19 pm
FiatLux wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:42 pm .

It's payback time for the Eagles. Niners stomp them in Philly.

Really?

You pick the Niners to blow out the Eagles as well? Maybe you can post a link to where you said they were going to get blown out.

News Flash!! You didn't.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Sudden Sam wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:37 pm Does anyone find it a little odd that all anyone is talking about is Alabama being chosen over Florida State?

If the school that cheated at a level sufficient to have their coach suspended for 3 games was thrown out of the rankings, Florida State would be in the CFP.

Alabama did nothing to earn all this anger. Michigan did. Now it’s left to the Tide to punish Harbaugh.
This is actually a kind of interesting point. There is a world in which Michigan was punished more harshly with a post season ban, which would have really left things interesting. OSU v. Iowa in the Big-10 championship game, with OSU losing the week before to (ineligible) Michigan would have left us even one fewer undefeated team.

Would this committee have taken FSU or OSU? The way they framed it suggests that even OSU would have bumped FSU in that case.

Personally, I don't really give a shit about sign stealing, but YMMV.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Mikey wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:16 pm If Jaden Milroe was out, Bama would not have beaten Georgia and we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Just saying.

FSU won their CCG and kept their perfect season without their first two QBs. Personally I thought Bama deserved it more than Texas, but let’s at least be realistic in our comparisons.
I literally saw Alabama without Milroe and it was not pretty. Both of the QB's that played against us were not that good. I'd argue that Alabama would have lost to Auburn and Georgia if they had the same situation as FSU.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Sudden Sam wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:37 pm Does anyone find it a little odd that all anyone is talking about is Alabama being chosen over Florida State?

Great post. It's not surprising that this is not being spoken about.

The best thing that would occur at this point is to have Alabama beat Michigan, which I believe they will, and then have Michigan suffer the fallout next season when the hammer should come down.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

FiatLux wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:25 pm
Mikey wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:19 pm

Really?

You pick the Niners to blow out the Eagles as well? Maybe you can post a link to where you said they were going to get blown out.

News Flash!! You didn't.
News flash!! You don't get extra credit in "pick'em" for a blowout. I picked them to cover in the 3BB contest, which you apparently don't have the balls to participate in. Pretty safe to predict a blowout in an unrelated thread. If it doesn't happen you just shut up and move on. If it does happen then you get go blow your horn like you're some kind of genius, which you definitely are not.

I guess every fan base needs its tards. Unfortunately for the Niners they have one of the worst. But I'll bet you fit right in with the legions of ubertards who seem to have taken over my former stomping grounds on the Peninsula since I moved away 50 years ago.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Yep, Bama looked absolutely horrible in Tampa that day in September. After sitting thru that debacle, I told my son and grandkids that the Tide could easily lose 2-3 more games this year. I felt terrible that my grandchildren’s first in person game had to be such a terrible performance. The Tide’s gradual improvement has been extremely satisfying to observe.

As far as Michigan, the B1G wasn’t about to banish their best team and lose all those bucks. Like Jay, I’m not bothered by a team stealing signals. I AM bothered by the extremes UM went to, though. So we have a school in the playoff that blatantly cheated…and got away with it. No big deal.

Now I get to sit back and await what I firmly believe will be a resounding Tide win over the evil, despicable Harbaugh and his legion of over-rated minions. 😝

If Michigan whips Alabama, more power to them. They’ll finally have had a 2nd decent win this season. And I can be either a Huskies or Longhorns fan for the final.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Sudden Sam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:00 pm
Now I get to sit back and await what I firmly believe will be a resounding Tide win over the evil, despicable Harbaugh and his legion of over-rated minions. 😝

If Michigan whips Alabama, more power to them.
To be perfectly honest, I think both teams are overrated. Very erratic offenses. I will take the under.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Michigan put up some mighty gaudy defensive stats.

However, when you take a look at their schedule, those numbers lose all their shine. Other than Ohio State, they played nobody worth a shit. Penn State is meh. The rest is a joke.

The Wolverine D hasn’t been challenged a lick.

It will be on New Years Day.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

So now Rick Scott wants a full blown investigation into the BCS selection committee, including subpoenas for all communications among members of the committee as well as with others outside the committee. The guy has always been a bad joke as a Senator. And DeSatan wants to budget $1million to file a lawsuit, which would have no way of going to trial before sometime next year. I never thought I’d actually be in a position where I agree with Tommy Tuberville.
“Ahh, that’s a waste of time”
Tommy knows a whole lot about wasting people’s time.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/434 ... fs-senate/
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Scott’s an idiot. He long ago established that…this is just additional confirmation of that.
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

[Copied from Reddit]Y'all, there's been A LOT of talk about the "best four teams", whatever that means. Here's the thing, I'm an old fashioned football fan, and I know that WINS MATTER. The better team wins games. Which is why it's absolutely insane that something like ESPN FPI has a top four that includes Ohio State, Penn State and Oregon. Where's UW?

As a result, I present you with the worst team that's still better than Bama via the following path of transitive wins. Per SP+, Union (KY) in the NAIA is the 663rd best team in the nation out of 760.

Union KY > Cumberland TN > Cumberlands KY > Reinhardt > Georgetown KY > IN Wesleyan > Valparaiso > Dayton > Davidson > VMI > W Carolina > Samford > TN Martin > Missouri St > Northern Iowa > Youngstown St > S Illinois > N Illinois > Ohio > Iowa St > Oklahoma St > Oklahoma > Texas > Alabama

Case closed. Bama isn't even in the top 600.[/Copied from Reddit]
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Mikey wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:32 pmSo now Rick Scott