Amazing what the service academies get away with

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Amazing what the service academies get away with

Post by Screw_Michigan »

ND thinks this is ridiculous. Army is joining the AAC as a football only member and somehow the game against Navy will be considered non-conference. Excuse me? How and why?

Both schools are in the same conference. Why would it be non-conference? Just proving once again that a conference is just that in name only and is no longer a collection of schools playing toward a common goal.

https://frontofficesports.com/army-join ... ly-member/
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Re: Amazing what the service academies get away with

Post by MuchoBulls »

Pretty simple actually. The AAC is large enough to where not every team plays one another and since the Army - Navy game is after the Conference Championship game there is no reason to make it a conference game.

Hasn't the ACC done this as well?
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Then don't call Army being in "the conference." Call it a "scheduling affiliation" like the ACC does with ND.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

How many games does ND play against the ACC per season (minus 2020)? 4?

Army will play 8 AAC games. A big difference.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MuchoBulls wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:11 am How many games does ND play against the ACC per season (minus 2020)? 4?

Army will play 8 AAC games. A big difference.
So what? What if one of the academies is 10-0? Why shouldn't their game against each other count in conference standings? Only the service academies (and Notre Dame) can pull this shit.

The answer to your question is six.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Thanks for answering the ND question.

I'm not so sure that Army and Navy would both start out a season 10-0, but stranger things have certainly happened.

Just hoping if that time ever came that USF would be out of the AAC by then.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

on the topic of service academies....Air Force is for real this year. they are good beat your BTPCF team in a bowl game this year.

as a OU kid option fan living in Colorado, I like Troy Calhoun.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

King Crimson wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:07 am on the topic of service academies....Air Force is for real this year.
2-5 Army took care of that....hah.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"