Texas with the best QB room in CFB?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Texas with the best QB room in CFB?

Post by Moby Dick »

Give me a fucking break. Every year it's the same thing...Texas overhyped..media BEGGING for Texas to be "back" to a position they've spent more time NOT being, than being.

Ewers tossed at a 58% last year and he's top 5 QB this year?
Manning...if he had ANY other last name would be a low 4* recruit at BEST.

Malik Murphy....now this guy....this guy could be the real deal. So glad he's at Texas and not literally ANY other team in the Big XII that OU would have to play because that guy is a DUDE.

Fuck Texas.

Sark continues to not win 10 games in a season.

Fuck. Texas.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Re: Texas with the best QB room in CFB?

Post by Sudden Sam »

MD, how do you really feel about the Longhorns?!

:lol:
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Jor-El has a son that is a QB, hear he is leaning Tejas.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Bama fans seem to be worried about the QB position. Sure I’d like someone to step out of the logjam and assert themself, but it looks like Milroe or Simpson will start and Lonergan might even see the field.

We’re bound to see somebody transfer at some point, but there’s a shitload of talent in the Tide’s QB room. Jalen Milroe is a great runner, but struggles with accuracy and TOs. Ty Simpson is a really good pocket passer. Not impressed with the Notre Dame transfer, Tyler Buchner. The two freshmen, Dylan Lonergan and Eli Holstein are studs.

Gotta get things figured out before we face Texas. Expect to see at least 3 kids play against Middle Tennessee. The Tide will be running the ball a lot. Got a stable of studs in the backfield.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Sudden Sam wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:43 pm Bama fans seem to be worried about the QB position. Sure I’d like someone to step out of the logjam and assert themself, but it looks like Milroe or Simpson will start and Lonergan might even see the field.

We’re bound to see somebody transfer at some point, but there’s a shitload of talent in the Tide’s QB room. Jalen Milroe is a great runner, but struggles with accuracy and TOs. Ty Simpson is a really good pocket passer. Not impressed with the Notre Dame transfer, Tyler Buchner. The two freshmen, Dylan Lonergan and Eli Holstein are studs.

Gotta get things figured out before we face Texas. Expect to see at least 3 kids play against Middle Tennessee. The Tide will be running the ball a lot. Got a stable of studs in the backfield.
Milroe will be a stud so long as he can read a defense.

That's what's going to make Bama so scary this year...that 60% run/pass ratio. They're going to tire the hell out of everyone. Pair that with arguable the best D in the SEC... as long as they have a QB who doesn't turn the ball over..it may be Bama's year...after a long....long....drought of not winning a natty. :-|
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Ha! Yeah, it’s been soooo long!

You nailed it as far as Milroe. He’s scary as hell as a runner and the Tide has 5 RBs who would start virtually anywhere else. But if Milroe can’t complete a pass or avoid TOs, defenses will load up to stop the running game. Hopefully he’s improved a LOT since last year, but I don’t get that feeling from what I’ve heard.

I feel extremely optimistic about this team. But the QB is the key. Everything else should be NC level.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

3 posts in, and the topic is Texas.....and we are already talking about Alabama. hooray. BSH.

SS, no one here disputes Bama's success in the dark years of the forum, c'mon dude.

tho to be fair, i do think all The Texas fans left after Landry Jones put 60 on them.....Austin Bill, Prime X, Harvdog....

p.s. the only time you get to do Landry Jones smack is against Texas.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

hard to know about Ewers, he looked fluid and good until the Bama guy hurt his shoulder.

at the same time, he didn't sniff time at Ohio State and was missing a lot of throws after getting hurt.

the manning kid is probably pretty good but who knows? chance mock was pretty good, too.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Normally I'd pass (pun intended) on this topic but UCLA does have a decent QB competition this year.

Ethan Garbers & Dante Moore are having quite a battle for starter...experience vs. kid dynamo.

Justyn Martin is athletic as hell and a RS frosh with tons of upside.

Colin Schlee came over from Kent St. Big and fast can run & throw. Definitely in the mix.

Any other years we'd be thrilled with ANY of those 4 as options.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

King Crimson wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:50 pm 3 posts in, and the topic is Texas.....and we are already talking about Alabama. hooray. BSH.

:oops: My bad!

I just can’t help it! :lol:

I’d like to see Sark do well in Austin. If he’s gonna get anything going, you’d think with Ewer and Manning, it’s this year. But they can wait ‘til after the game in Tuscaloosa.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

dtr started for UCLA since dinosaurs rolled the Earth.
"
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

King Crimson wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:11 pm dtr started for UCLA since dinosaurs rolled the Earth.
Only because he had pics of lewd acts of himself with Mrs. Kelly that Chip preferred not to have made public...at least that could explain the blind loyalty....obviously not a huge fan of DTR...but seems to have made the cut with Cleve....imagine that...Browns making a wrong QB choice.....Hope he does make it.....school above party.
E UNUM PLURIBUS