Yet another case of whitey holdin' a brotha down.

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Yet another case of whitey holdin' a brotha down.

Post by smackaholic »

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/381 ... m-proceeds

What do you douchebags think about this story?

My take is that Oher is like many other star athletes his age. They have a decade or more of high income. During this time they burn through it as if the checks will keep coming.

Then one day father time slaps them upside the head, they retire and the cash spigot closes.

My guess is that is exactly where he is today and he's trying to squeeze these folks for some $$$$.

What an ingrate POS.

Nice payback for an already well off family who saved this kid and helped him make a very good life for himself.

He says they were his conservator which allowed them to make money from association to him.

So fukking what? They did a good thing and deserve to benefit from it. That conservatorship didn't keep him from doing the same.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Meat Head
Elwood

Re: Yet another case of whitey holdin' a brotha down.

Post by Meat Head »

You are a nazi, pedo, racist, capitalist, fascist, dumb ass.

sig

Kiergland
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Melt much?

Stupidaholic has no idea how a conservatorship works of even if his is still in effect.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote:Melt much?

Stupidaholic has no idea how a conservatorship works of even if his is still in effect.
You’re right. How about you splain to us and how this family used it to deny him anything.

The best thing that ever happened to this idiot was when this family took him in and helped him get his life and football career on track.

It’s not their fault he didn’t manage it well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Meat Head wrote:You are a nazi, pedo, racist, capitalist, fascist, dumb ass.

sig

Kiergland
You forgot traytor.

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

smackaholic wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:18 pm
Kierland wrote:Melt much?

You’re right. How about you splain to us and how this family used it to deny him anything.

The best thing that ever happened to this idiot was when this family took him in and helped him get his life and football career on track.

It’s not their fault he didn’t manage it well.

You want me to explain a conservatorship to someone who is so stupid they need one? That’s a big ask but I’ll try. They sold HIS story after he turned 18 and because of the CS got to keep money that was intended for him. So they treated him like a child when he was an adult but you keep sucking rich white people dick and maybe, just maybe, they will give you some crumbs soon.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

smackaholic wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:21 pm
Meat Head wrote:You are a nazi, pedo, racist, capitalist, fascist, dumb ass.

sig

Kiergland
You forgot traytor.

On they day after Dump is indicated again for treason YOU decide to suck a rich white guys dick while blasting his black kid, so yeah, you’re a traitor.

“I want to do the same traitorous shit over and over, but if you point out I’m a traitor over and over YOU are the bad guy.

Sin,
Naziaholic
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Was he prohibited from selling his own story?

They sold THEIR story which was about how they rescued a poor kid from a horrible life and helped him have a very lucrative NFL career.

And now it seems he pissed through his earnings and is crying victim and going to the race card.

I’d accuse you of sucking balck cock, but we all know you don’t give the slightest of fukks about balck folks. It’s all about pushing the everything is rasssssist narrative to crumble society so you Marxist can take over.

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

No they didn’t. They sold HIS story and then the money went into the CS and they stole it from the CS. If they sold their story the money would have gone to them. Did you even read the lawsuit? Of course you didn’t.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:50 pm
They sold THEIR story which was about how they rescued a poor kid from a horrible life

Sounds a lot like this guy.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote:No they didn’t. They sold HIS story and then the money went into the CS and they stole it from the CS. If they sold their story the money would have gone to them. Did you even read the lawsuit? Of course you didn’t.
They were part of “his story” you fukking idiot. They took in a very troubled kid who’d have likely ended up dead or in jail were it not for the support from this family.

Did they get something from the movie?

Sure.

And he got to play college football and have a successful NFL career.

Let’s say he had the opportunity to go back to the day he met that woman, do you think he’d say “no thanks, they’re gonna use me”.

No, he wouldn’t.

He knows his life was improved immensely when he met her.

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Right, she made the NFL not him. I don’t care if she pulled him out of a burning building, it’s fraud to have someone sign something at 18yo and have your lawyer friend lie to them about what it is and then use it to get millions from a studio for them but not give it to them cause it goes to the CS which you control. But I’m totally not shocked you think he should legally be their slave.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

None of us know the details of this matter.

Maybe we should wait and see what kind of movie money (if any) the family provided Oher. This could be a situation where the young man is getting advice from persons who recognize this moment as a good time to recoup some bucks. He may legitimately be due money. And he may not. He was provided an opportunity to play college ball by the Tuohys leading to an NFL career. If he should be rewarded more, good for him. But vilifying the family that provided him a great life is ignorant when we don’t know the details of the conservatorship.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Dude, he’s 37 and not a drooling idiot and Sean still controls the CS. We don’t need to know any more than that. Except that HE made the football teams not them.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

37 might well be 97 when it comes to NFL linemen. We’re he still able to get it done, he’d be getting it done and getting paid and not in need of shaking down the family that helped him.

From what I read in the article, the family members got chump change, a few hundred grand. This was early in Oher’s NFL career where he was pulling in a pretty nice paycheck, so they probably figured Mike’s good.

We’re there some sort of contractual bullshit that likely should have threw some of the money his way?

Maybe. But he was nobody’s “slave”.

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Kierland wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:40 am Dude, he’s 37 and not a drooling idiot and Sean still controls the CS. We don’t need to know any more than that. Except that HE made the football teams not them.
Was not aware they still control the CS.

He would never have had the opportunity to play in the NFL and make millions if not for the Tuohy family.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

There is a lot you don’t know like if he would have made the NFL. Please tell me you aren’t basing your takes on the movie. You do know he was a five star recruit, all American and a top 5 OL lineman in the country before he ever met them.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

I had forgotten that. He was recruited pretty heavily.

Maybe all they helped him with was his grades. Hell, I can’t recall what age he was when they hooked up with him.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Somewhere around his 18th BD.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

smackaholic wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:49 am 37 might well be 97 when it comes to NFL linemen. We’re he still able to get it done, he’d be getting it done and getting paid and not in need of shaking down the family that helped him.

From what I read in the article, the family members got chump change, a few hundred grand. This was early in Oher’s NFL career where he was pulling in a pretty nice paycheck, so they probably figured Mike’s good.

We’re there some sort of contractual bullshit that likely should have threw some of the money his way?

Maybe. But he was nobody’s “slave”.

So now your take is that he had too much money so they figured he was good so that’s why they took it but now that you say he is broke they don’t owe him shit. Your mind is a pretzel, not to mention most of your facts are wrong.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

From the Tuohy’s attorney:

Attorney Martin Singer:

"...the Tuohys opened their home to Mr. Oher, offered him structure, support and, most of all, unconditional love," Singer's statement said. "They have consistently treated him like a son and one of their three children. His response was to threaten them, including saying that he would plant a negative story about them in the press unless they paid him $15 million."

"They insisted that any money received be divided equally. And they have made good on that pledge," the statement said. "The evidence -- documented in profit participation checks and studio accounting statements -- is clear: over the years, the Tuohys have given Mr. Oher an equal cut of every penny received from 'The Blind Side.' Even recently, when Mr. Oher started to threaten them about what he would do unless they paid him an eight-figure windfall, and, as part of that shakedown effort refused to cash the small profit checks from the Tuohys, they still deposited Mr. Oher's equal share into a trust account they set up for his son."

Not to suggest that an attorney would tell the truth, but…

We shall see…
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So he got the same as the kids and parents that didn’t make the nfl and the atty didn’t even address the CS. And if they treated him like family why not adopt him? If that is your opening salvo you have huge problems.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Suckaholic's habit of kicking his own ass in spectacular fashion always makes this sordid clambake entertaining.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Seems to me Oher would have been buying the family stuff with his NFL money to thank them.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You mean the people that had (according to them) $200 mil? The people where he lived for about a year till he went to college? Maybe they should have bought him presents for making them money by making the story worth selling. Keep bending over backwards to sully the black man though. It’s super entertaining.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Haven’t sullied Oher at all.

As I said, we don’t know the details of this situation.

Most people would thank the folks who helped them out of a bad situation, though.

If the Tuohys have done Oher wrong, they should have their asses kicked financially and legally.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You’re doin’ the “I’m just asking questions” BS excuse. So yeah saying he should be buying them presents is you absolutely making up your mind and then telling others not to. Piss up a rope asshat.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

You’re full of shit.

If the family has done him wrong, they should rectify that.

If it’s found that they have included Oher in profiting from the movie, he should thank them for getting him out of a bad situation.

That’s what normal, decent folks would do. Lawyers excluded, of course.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

He should thank them for having a CS over him that THEY admit is still in effect even though he is pushing 40yo and not an imbecile? That’s what you are going with, while you blather on about decent people?
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Normal, decent folks would leave an equal share of their estate to each of their children. At this point, if the Tuohys had intended to leave Oher his share of their wealth, it won’t be happening now.

It is odd that the conservatorship is still in effect. WTF?!

We don’t know these people so it’s wrong to speculate, but, if it’s shown that Oher hasn’t received a fair share of the movie money, I hope the Tuohys get their butts reamed.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So he should hold his tongue or he might get disinherited? How cuck of you.

It is not speculation that they control the, in effect, CS. They admitted it. There is no reason for you to simp for these people.

Of course I just lied. We both know there are two.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Kierland wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:27 pm It is not speculation that they control the, in effect, CS. They admitted it.
We are all speculating as to whether the Tuohys paid Oher a fair share of the movie profits. Their lawyer says they did. Oher says they didn’t.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

But that’s not what my last post was about. You can’t even follow a simple conversation.
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

And you are pissing-your-pants excited about all this why?

Your screech level is increasing with each post. Are you his long lost brother?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Says the guy screeching a bunch of gatekeeping about posting styles to the dude who didn’t even start the thread.

If you have a take give it, if not STFU.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote:He should thank them for having a CS over him that THEY admit is still in effect even though he is pushing 40yo and not an imbecile? That’s what you are going with, while you blather on about decent people?
Did it ever occur to you that maybe they realized just handing a decent sized chunk of money over to a poor kid just might result in him making poor financial decisions?

15 years down the road he is trying to shame them out of big money kinda says they were right.

But go ahead and continue to make this about a poor colored boy being taken advantage of.

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Supposedly Oher threatened to initiate a negative story about the Tuohys if they didn’t give him 15 mil.

If that turns out to be factual, who wants to bet Kierland continues to defend Oher?

We don’t know the specifics at this point. No point in painting either party as the villain…yet.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote:So he should hold his tongue or he might get disinherited? How cuck of you.

It is not speculation that they control the, in effect, CS. They admitted it. There is no reason for you to simp for these people.

Of course I just lied. We both know there are two.
Hold his tongue?

How about not threaten people who did something nice for him with slander if they don’t pony up.

It’s becoming more and more clear. Dude has squandered the $$$$ he made over a successful career and he thought it would be easy to get them to just hand over some cash.

Fukk him. I hope they countersue for slander.

As for the movie embellishing real life a bit to make a more interesting story, well, that’s kinda how movies work.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Sudden Sam wrote:Supposedly Oher threatened to initiate a negative story about the Tuohys if they didn’t give him 15 mil.

If that turns out to be factual, who wants to bet Kierland continues to defend Oher?

We don’t know the specifics at this point. No point in painting either party as the villain…yet.
I commend you for staying impartial and giving this guy the benefit of the doubt.

In my initial post I admit I don’t know what the actual truth is, but I said it smells like the all too familiar story of an athlete who makes good money for a number of years but pisses it away just as fast. And the more we find out, the more it seems I’m probably right.

Doesn’t take a Sherlock Holmes to come up with this theory, just someone who isn’t obsessed with race, jumping at every opportunity to show how evil whitey it.

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

“How about not threaten people who did something nice for him with slander if they don’t pony up.”

WTF are you talking about?