in my day, and Arrowhead has hosted many shows over
the years, but I have never seen anything hyped like this
chick. I don't get it and no, she will not be the WRC vid
of the week.

Bit of a cool spell is a welcome relief in foc. Thus far,
late Spring and early Summer have been a little more
comfortable than the typical sweltering, steam bath
we are known for. I'll take it.

Finally got the first look at QB1's new crib.

I really like seeing that mini practice field.
Practice makes perfect.

Happy weekend, Y'all.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Re: Weekend Roll Call 7-8-23

Post by Sudden Sam »

That is one nice residence Mr. Mahomes has. Damn.

Hopefully things will be quiet and calm here all weekend. I’ve got yard maintenance to do and vehicle washing and waxing and don’t want any interruptions.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

kcdave wrote:Taylor Swift is in town this weekend.
2 sold out shows at Arrowhead. I have seen some shit
in my day, and Arrowhead has hosted many shows over
the years, but I have never seen anything hyped like this
chick. I don't get it and no, she will not be the WRC vid
of the week.

Bit of a cool spell is a welcome relief in foc. Thus far,
late Spring and early Summer have been a little more
comfortable than the typical sweltering, steam bath
we are known for. I'll take it.

Finally got the first look at QB1's new crib.

I really like seeing that mini practice field.
Practice makes perfect.

Happy weekend, Y'all.
Only half a fukking football field?

Cheap fukk!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

And I’ll bet the nosebleed seats were a few hundred dollars!

A week ago tonight, I saw Robert Plant and Alison Krauss at Tanglewood for FREE!!!!!!

Alison has more talent in her fiddle now than Taylor has in that stunning body!!!!

Go to YouTube and search Plamt and Krauss battle of evermore.

Alison takes that tune to a new level. She has a hauntingly beautiful voice.

And rack the fukk outta Bob.

Dude will be 75 next month and he’s still one of the best singers in rock history.

He knows he can’t scream like it’s 1971, so he doesn’t try. But damn, he sounds better now than he did during the O2 show 15 years ago. I think this is because he kinda tries to sound like the 1971 RP during that show, a little. Now he knows better.

And he’s got his little songbird up there who can take care of all the high stuff.

And after you are blown away by Battle of Evermore, listen to the next tune in the set, When the Levee Breaks.

It is 100% different from
The bluesy LZ version. Their other fiddle/mandolin player absolutely kills it. It sounds more Middle Eastern than Delta Blues, but it absolutely rocks. I was expecting dude’s fiddle to burst into flames during the solo. Alison’s a world class fiddle player, but this fukking guy is whatever comes above world class.

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

You’re welcome. :lol:
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

kcdave wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:16 am Image
Shut up, Randy!
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Jsc810 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:20 pm Any y'all have a home generator?
No generator but I have 7.5 kW of solar PV capacity and a 20 kWh storage battery. I can run almost the entire house pretty much indefinitely in a power outage, with the exception of the electric stove and oven, which aren’t connected to the sub panel because they suck too much power. I can use the microwave, gas grill and smoker for emergency cooking though. In the winter when the days are shorter, or if there’s a lot of clouds, I might have to shut down the pool pump for a few days. I also pay almost nothing for electricity (about $200 per year). And I don’t have to worry about fuel for a generator.

Started a project today renovating the pool. We built it 24 years and had it replastered about 15 years ago. Plaster is getting pretty stained and worn, and lights no longer work so we’re getting a bunch of work done, including resurfacing the slide so it’s really slippery again, new color LED lighting, upgraded controls that I can work with an iPhone app, heat pump water heater so we can use the spa after sunset, and replacing the plaster with a Pebble Tec finish. A crew was here today to demo the old plaster. Basically a jackhammer running and a lot of dust from about 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. We spent the day at a couple of art exhibits in downtown LA so we missed most of that. I’m sure the neighbors loved it though. 😂😂😂😂
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

I don't know how much (if any) June gloom the inland areas get. If you get any does that alter the ability to charge?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:56 pm I don't know how much (if any) June gloom the inland areas get. If you get any does that alter the ability to charge?
We do get "June Gloom" but it generally clears earlier here than on the coast, where somedays it never clears up. The time of year and the weather both make a big difference, which I will try to illustrate with three charts. The month and day on these charts seem bass ackwards because they use the European convention of putting the day of the month first. These are 24 hour usage charts from: two days ago (July 7); June 13, in the height of June Gloom, and one of the shortest days of the year, in terms of daylight (December 7).

There are basically four values shown in the chart.
- The yellow is the output of the solar PV system.
- The dark blue is the total electric usage of the house (minus the electric stove and oven).
- The light blue is household use being covered by the PV system.
- The green line is the "state of charge" of the battery. Basically, all of our usage after 4:00 pm, if not provided by the PV system, comes from the battery. The battery then charges from the grid between midnight and 6:00 am.

July 6

The battery starts at 75% state of charge at midnight, and charges to 100% at 3:00 am. At 3:00 am the EV charges for three hours. I always charge the EV between 3:00 and 6:00, but I only need to do it every couple of weeks. We start getting a little solar output just after 6:00 am. At 9:00 am the blue jumps up, that's the pool pump coming on. It's pretty cloudy in the morning but the sun comes out at about 10:00 am. The solar output peaks at about 1:30 pm at 5.2 kW. We start using battery power at about 6:30 pm when the sun goes down and use about 25% of its 20 kWh storage by midnight, when it starts charging again. Those three peaks in the evening are probably the dishwasher, the heat pump water heater and the heat pump clothes dryer. Without the car charging, the total solar production is a lot more than our 24 hours consumption.

June 13

This is a similar profile to July 6, except that there's no car charging and the sun is intermittent. It never comes out permanently even in the afternoon. Battery operation is just about the same as on July 6. Even with the intermittent sun we're probably producing as much or more than we use. If there was a temporary power outage I would turn off the pool pump and save probably 25% to 30% of the daily usage. Note that up until now we have not been using AC yet this year, which would add some usage in the afternoon and evening.

December 9

In December, near the winter solstice, our peak PV output was only 3.2 kW, and the daylight hours are greatly reduced. Most of the usage is for space heat coming from the electric heat pump. We set the thermostat to 65 degrees when we go to bed around 10:00 pm. At 6:00 am it goes up to 70 deg, hence that big usage heating up the house in the morning. With a lot of heating going on between about 5:00 pm 10:00 pm we used about 70% of the battery storage.

If we had a power outage on December 9, we wouldn't be able to cover all of our usage with solar and the battery backup. But if I turned off the pool pump and turned the thermostat way down (it doesn't get all that cold here), I think we would be OK. Remember, we are backing up all of the house, except for the electric stove and oven. Not just the refrigerator and a few lights.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

In. First time growing garlic. We planted last fall and harvested today. Will use that space to (hopefully) get some beets in for a second crop and then garlic again before first frost.

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Jsc810 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:08 pm Mikey where do you live
Fallbrook CA, about 45 miles north of downtown San Diego, and 15 miles inland. Sort of behind MCB Camp Pendleton.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:17 pm In. First time growing garlic. We planted last fall and harvested today. Will use that space to (hopefully) get some beets in for a second crop and then garlic again before first frost.
Dat's a lotta garlic.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

This was our pool on Friday:

This morning:

I hope they don't take too long to complete this. We're supposed to be getting a (relative) heat wave next week. We were going to put it off until winter so we wouldn't miss any pool weather, but they assured me it would be done in 1-2 weeks.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mikey wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:56 pm
mvscal wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:17 pm In. First time growing garlic. We planted last fall and harvested today. Will use that space to (hopefully) get some beets in for a second crop and then garlic again before first frost.
Dat's a lotta garlic.
It is. Once it's cured, we'll trim it, clean it and store it. It will keep for for many months. We'll reserve some to plant this fall and use the rest. If there's too much, pickled garlic is awesome.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Mikey wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:56 pm
Dat's a lotta garlic.
Yeah garlic is one of the hardest plants to grow. You really have to be a botanical genius to pull it off. It is almost as hard as getting a Phalaenopsis to flower correctly. /s
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

kcdave wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:16 am Finally got the first look at QB1's new crib.

Still too close to people. His money, though. Better spending than Zion Williamson.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mikey wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:00 pm This was our pool on Friday:

This morning:

Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Bruh, wtf?
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Mikey, that back yard paradise of yours is SWEET.
The only thing missing from the pic is a really nice
outdoor kitchen with a nice assortment of grills and
smokers. What are you cooking on? I am sure you likely
have something hidden there, right?
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

mvscal wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:43 pm Image
A glimpse into the mvscal mind.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

He a strange pedophilic Nazi. So yeah his mind is beyond warped.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

kcdave wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:00 am Mikey, that back yard paradise of yours is SWEET.
The only thing missing from the pic is a really nice
outdoor kitchen with a nice assortment of grills and
smokers. What are you cooking on? I am sure you likely
have something hidden there, right?
It's a great space for just us two, or groups of up to 15 or so with the pool, plenty of shade, and room to cook and eat.

This is looking in the opposite direction. It's a jumbled mess right now because I needed to make room for the pool construction workers to access the back gate. There's a 5 kW solar array on the shade structure, and the kitchen is behind the Meyer lemon tree on the left.

There's a four burner Weber Genesis, and an Oklahoma Joe offset smoker up against the fence. This is my third offset smoker (the other two were Char-Broil, which are lighter weight). Always been kind of a purist for smoking and resisted getting any kind of pellet smoker, but the "set it and forget it" aspect is getting more and more attractive as I (not so) gracefully approach old age.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Approach?

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:04 pm Approach?
Clarify?