Dems, name your candidate for 2024

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Sven Golly
Elwood

Dems, name your candidate for 2024

Post by Sven Golly »

Are you all sticking with Capt Mint Choc Chip, or are you hoping for someone else to emerge?
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Re: Dems, name your candidate for 2024

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

:popcorn:
Shut up, Randy!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Warren of course would make the best president as her policies would best benefit working families. But I'm sticking with Biden against Dump because he has the best chance to keep Dump and fascism out of the White House.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Jsc810 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:32 pm I'd love to see a President Katie Porter, but she's running for Senate. Hopefully one day.
I'm in no hurry to see her leave either the House or the Senate. Presidents can do a lot, but they can't do this, and there's few who can do it like her:

If Republicans actually nominate someone who has been found liable for sexual assault and who has over 70 felony counts pending, plus his many many other flaws, it truly will make me sad for our country. People like Pam Hemphill finally have escaped the cult, but so many others still need to reach that same conclusion.
For the same reason that I would never vote for her it's amazing that the GOP totally banished Liz Cheney. She has solid Republican credentials (although she hasn't shot anyone like her father has...yet).
Last edited by Diego in Seattle on Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Roach
The Space Man

Post by Roach »

Sven Golly wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:16 pm Are you all sticking with Capt Mint Choc Chip, or are you hoping for someone else to emerge?
I fukkin wish someone would emerge, but the Biden regime is the best the dems can rouse. Sad, very sad.

The GQP is losing an opportunity for an easy win. They could put up a moderate like Romney or at least not a non criminal and they would get all the right wingers plus a bunch of dems who can't stomach Biden.

But reptile brains will rule in the end.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Roach wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:31 pmThe GQP is losing an opportunity for an easy win. They could put up a moderate like Romney or at least not a non criminal and they would get all the right wingers plus a bunch of dems who can't stomach Biden.
I disagree with what's bolded. Trump has too strong a hold on too many idiots.

Where I see missed opportunities for the GQP is in finding candidates who simply come out & say that they are ardent supporters of Trumpism (however the MAGAts wanna define it), but come without all the pesky baggage and indictments & stuff, and might actually be electable. If the goal is to put someone in office who represents a set of ideals, philosophies, and policies, and has enough charm & credibility (I know...I'm laughing a little myself) to get some votes, then ditch Trump as the standard bearer and get behind the ideas rather than the man. Trumpism isn't an original set of thoughts, anyway (again laughing, this time at the idea that Trump is capable of an original thought), but rather an amalgamation of traditional right wing positions and even a few non- and bi-partisan ones. Nothing terribly clever or original except that they're mostly dog whistle grist for MAGAts.

The reason no one dares make that leap is because they all know, of course, that this isn't a movement of political views - it's a cult of personality, and of the worst kind, with a rich malignant narcissist the object of the cultists' undying adoration.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

^^^**
This

They have no agenda or ideas about how actually to govern, it’s just culture wars and own the libs. Many of them would be more than happy to shut the country down and crater the economy just so they could blame it on Biden or whatever other Democrat is handy at the time.