Retired Marine murders mentally ill man on NYC subway

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Retired Marine murders mentally ill man on NYC subway

Post by Screw_Michigan »

A white retired Marine in his 20s killed a mentally ill man having an episode on the NYC subway with a chokehold. The victim didn't threaten anyone, the only "crime" he committed was being loud and obnoxious. Not really surprised he hasn't been charged yet because the victim is black, mentally ill and probably homeless.

But it's on video and he clearly kills the guy. If the victim truly didn't threaten anyone, this guy deserves to be charged. He murdered the victim.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ny-subway/

NYC man accused of placing Jordan Neely in chokehold defends actions

The college student and Marine veteran accused of putting Jordan Neely in a fatal chokehold on a New York City subway released his first statement Friday since the incident, saying he acted in self-defense. The statement also identified the 24-year-old for the first time as Daniel Penny.

The three paragraphs released through Penny’s lawyers alleges that Neely “aggressively” threatened Penny and other passengers. It added that Penny “never intended to harm Mr. Neely and could not have foreseen his untimely death.”

No one, including Penny, has been charged in connection with Neely’s death, which was ruled a homicide by the city’s medical examiner on Wednesday evening. The Manhattan district attorney’s office said earlier this week that they were reviewing the medical examiner’s report and video footage and interviewing witnesses as part of an investigation into the incident.

Penny expressed his condolences to those who knew Neely, 30, who used to perform on the subway as a Michael Jackson impersonator.

The fatal incident has become a flash point in New York and across the country after videos surfaced this week of Neely flailing his arms, kicking his legs and trying to free himself as Penny held him in a chokehold on the floor of the train. Neely was taken to the hospital once he was released from the hold and pronounced dead.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Re: Retired Marine murders mentally ill man on NYC subway

Post by Sudden Sam »

This particular case aside, a tiny percentage of the relatively small black population in this country murders far more whites than whites murder blacks. How the fuck did this shit get twisted around so crazily?!
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

Meanwhile 14 blacks were murdered by other blacks and nobody wrote an epitaph on a subway wall. Weird. It's almost like there's an agenda in news reporting or something.
Shut up, Randy!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Yes what about some other thing!?!

You two suck at this.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Blacks kill far more whites than whites kill blacks. Tell me why the media focuses on the very few cases of whites killing blacks.

I won’t hold my breath.

The far left is goddamned determined to shred this country.

If someone posted a thread in here every time a white was killed by a black, this board would be nothing but those posts.

That’s sad, but true.

But y’all continue posting these rare incidents of whites killing blacks as if it’s an epidemic.

Terrible situation as far as the subway killing. Any death is horrible.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

That’s it, double down on Whataboutism.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

NYC man accused of placing Jordan Neely in chokehold defends actions

Defense: The defendant saw it on pro wresting every week, and everything was always just fine.Slamming folding chairs over people's heads is also no problem.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

I assume the 2 guys who helped subdue Neely will be charged, too.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screwey, you are a race baiting POS.

But, we already knew that.

What the fukk would you do if you were on that car with a deranged person screaming at everyone?

Do you just stand there praying that he won't pull out a knife and stab someone or maybe wait until he gets to the platform and throws someone in front of a train, as has happened all too often?

This has absolutely nothing to do with race. This about the fact that we allow severely mentally ill people to wander freely in public where they are a risk to themselves and everyone around them.

Do you think that guy got up that morning and thought "I think I'll go ride the train today and maybe choke out some mvscal"?

No, he was minding his own fukking business until this crazy fukk got in his face. He then used his training to subdue him. Sounds to me like he's a brave young man with the guts to protect himselves and others around him.

But now we'll have to deal with the race arsonists who couldn't possibly care about the epidemic of actual murder going on around them, but all of a sudden when certain demographics line up, it's protest time.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

I’d ignore him. You would rather a black man be killed. Who’s the racist? Maybe the guy that calls people chinks and wetbacks, not to their face of course.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:11 am Screwey, you are a race baiting POS.

But, we already knew that.

What the fukk would you do if you were on that car with a deranged person screaming at everyone?

Do you just stand there praying that he won't pull out a knife and stab someone or maybe wait until he gets to the platform and throws someone in front of a train, as has happened all too often?

This has absolutely nothing to do with race. This about the fact that we allow severely mentally ill people to wander freely in public where they are a risk to themselves and everyone around them.

Do you think that guy got up that morning and thought "I think I'll go ride the train today and maybe choke out some mvscal"?

No, he was minding his own fukking business until this crazy fukk got in his face. He then used his training to subdue him. Sounds to me like he's a brave young man with the guts to protect himselves and others around him.

But now we'll have to deal with the race arsonists who couldn't possibly care about the epidemic of actual murder going on around them, but all of a sudden when certain demographics line up, it's protest time.
There's no evidence the victim was armed. There's also no evidence he was threatening others beyond simply being loud and obnoxious. Additionally, I have not read anything about the victim getting up in the Marine's face. He just stepped up, approached the dude from behind and murdered him.

As a resident of the District, mentally ill people doing mentally ill things on the Metro is common. You know what we do? We by and large ignore them, or we get on another metro car. We don't choke them out.

You are a loser.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

smackaholic wrote:What the fukk would you do if you were on that car with a deranged person screaming at everyone?
I was on a bus here in Korea one time when a deranged man starting going off on everyone.

I was like -----> :shock:

The psycho kept going off, cursing, threatening people, etc.
Everyone just sat there.

Then all of a sudden one older lady starting barking at him, telling him to sit down and stfu.

I couldn't believe it.

Psycho did in fact stop his threatening, sat down, and shut his hole. lol

Good times!
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

When smackaholic sees/hears something or someone that's not to his liking he immediately thinks deadly force is justified.

This sounds more like a very thinly veiled "Final Solution."
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:11 am Screwey, you are a race baiting POS.
Anyway, what's race baiting about stating facts? White young male retired Marine murders semi young black mentally ill and homeless man. Those are facts.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You forgot how the white dude got to walk away unshot by the police.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Softball Bat wrote:
smackaholic wrote:What the fukk would you do if you were on that car with a deranged person screaming at everyone?
I was on a bus here in Korea one time when a deranged man starting going off on everyone.

Everyone just sat there.

Then all of a sudden one older lady starting barking at him, telling him to sit down and stfu.

I couldn't believe it.

Good times!
I’m sure someone told him to STFU. He didn’t.

People should not have to worry about being harassed by mentally I’ll people when they go out in public.

This guy had a long history of being batshit crazy and should have been in a facility where maybe he could have gotten the help he needs.

Unfortunately we decided, I. A bipartisan effort, close to 50 years ago that the mentally ill have the right to wander among us.

We really need to revisit that decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Kierland wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:04 pm You forgot how the white dude got to walk away unshot by the police.
Drat, I knew I forgot something.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

smackaholic wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:08 pm
Softball Bat wrote:

Everyone just sat there.

I couldn't believe it.

Good times!

People should not have to worry about being harassed by mentally I’ll people when they go out in public.
First off, how about your party start funding mental healthcare. It's interesting how you RWNJ's always say after a mass shooting that it's the person, not the gun. Yet afterwards you nothing to improve mental health (or background checks).

Secondly, if the white guy is disturbed by someone else's behavior they can (and have a duty to) walk away. Being disturbed by a mentally ill person is NOT justification for deadly force. And I'm betting that the white dude won't be able to articulate how he had a reasonable belief that his life or the life of another person was in immediate danger.
This guy had a long history of being batshit crazy and should have been in a facility where maybe he could have gotten the help he needs.
Again, why didn't he get that help?
Unfortunately we decided, I. A bipartisan effort, close to 50 years ago that the mentally ill have the right to wander among us.

Revisit that decision?

Yeah, I could see how that would be handled by Greg Abbott if the decision were to be overturned...

"All the Democrats are mentally ill and should be institutionalized." You can say that it's far-fetched, but it's not at all when one considers how the TX SOS is now allowed to overturn (suppress) the vote in one particular county if the SOS doesn't like the outcome of the vote. That county votes heavily for Democrats.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

I honestly couldn't care less.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Because you are human garbage, yellow human garbage.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

smackaholic wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:08 pm
Softball Bat wrote:

Everyone just sat there.

I couldn't believe it.

Good times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We talking about some jar head going JUBM wannabe on a human being that was harming nobody you fucking snowflake. Have you seriously never seen a dude on the street yelling?
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Headline may end up reading:

Retired marine saves lives of black subway passengers.

We need to slow down and quit jumping to conclusions.

There is a report that Neely tried to push a person onto the tracks the day before. He also had a warrant for an assault. We weren’t there either day. We don’t know if he was physically threatening riders. Why would the ex-marine hold him unless he was frightening people? Too many questions at this point.

We know that the far left wants riots and looting and vandalism in NYC and across the nation. This is another opportunity for them to get the violent response they so enjoy.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

We want jarheads to stop jumping to conclusions and being violent fucking snowflakes. None of your victim blaming is a defense to a murder.
Booger wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:53 pm We don’t know if he was physically threatening riders. Why would the ex-marine hold him unless he was frightening people? Too many questions at this point.
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

The immediate effort to applying race and class to the situation is deliberate. This is how Left Wing media stirs the base and gets clicks & views. Right Wing media does the same thing with trans people Remember the kid stroking the green pants in that viral video that turned out to be no big deal? Media's job is to get you engaged. They will do anything to get you to like, share, and subscribe.

Healthy skepticism should be everyone's default position. Sadly, it isn't.
Shut up, Randy!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Yes because Murder and wearing a dress are the same thing. Fuck off nazi.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Donnie Baker wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:35 pmHealthy skepticism should be everyone's default position.
Agree.
Sadly, it isn't.
This is a matter of perception. If you surveyed the man on the street, most would likely tell you that they have a healthy sense of skepticism about gov't. I'm guessing there would be few whose attitudes are "If the gov't says it, I believe it."

The hard questions are those that follow the one upon which we agree:

1. Who decides where the line is drawn between "healthy" and "unhealthy"?
2. What tests are administered to somehow objectively determine which beliefs fall in the "healthy" range?
3. What criteria is used to determine the "health" of a particular opinion held by someone regarding information disseminated by gov't?
4. What information outlets can be trusted to provide bullshit-free info, and which should be almost automatically considered to be "fake"? (Good luck getting consensus on that one.)

No matter where you fall on the spectrum, those to one side of you are the sheeple, and on the other side are the wackadoodle conspiracy theorists.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

There is no one, around here anyways, to my left. So I got that going for me, which is nice.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Kierland wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:46 pmThere is no one, around here anyways, to my left. So I got that going for me, which is nice.
This isn't so much a left/right issue as much as one of trust vs distrust of "the gov't," and it's even a lot muddier than that because there's a time and partisan element to it. Those today who would refer to others as sheeple because they might believe and/or endorse something coming out of the WH would NEVER consider themselves to be a member of the flock when they did the same thing for a President of the party they support.

It's only natural to have a distrust of government when the face of that government happens to be the leader of the opposition party, and to be more trustful when your party's in charge. But when people assess themselves regarding their ability to harbor just the right amount of distrust against "the gov't" regardless of who's in the WH, they're likely to score themselves higher than others around them would.

And who's to say who's right?

Fwiw, it's as foolish to believe that everything "the gov't" says is a lie as it is to believe it's the truth.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

As usual, Smackie is the voice of reason.
Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Post by Biggie »

Kierland wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:36 pm I’d ignore him.
It’s harder than it sounds.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Smackie Chan wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:17 pm
Kierland wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:46 pmThere is no one, around here anyways, to my left. So I got that going for me, which is nice.
This isn't so much a left/right issue as much as one of trust vs distrust of "the gov't," and it's even a lot muddier than that because there's a time and partisan element to it. Those today who would refer to others as sheeple because they might believe and/or endorse something coming out of the WH would NEVER consider themselves to be a member of the flock when they did the same thing for a President of the party they support.

It's only natural to have a distrust of government when the face of that government happens to be the leader of the opposition party, and to be more trustful when your party's in charge. But when people assess themselves regarding their ability to harbor just the right amount of distrust against "the gov't" regardless of who's in the WH, they're likely to score themselves higher than others around them would.

And who's to say who's right?

Fwiw, it's as foolish to believe that everything "the gov't" says is a lie as it is to believe it's the truth.
^^If the most bland food was a post.

Thanks for the remedial education run down buddy.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Biggie wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:38 am
Kierland wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:36 pm I’d ignore him.
It’s harder than it sounds.
Dude I’ve been to all the State hospitals and most of the psych wards at the major State prisons. Folsom, San Quentin, Corcoran, Salinas Valley- just to name a few. I’ve interviewed more violent, mentally ill motherfuckers than I can count, and I can count pretty high. I literally wasn’t allowed to wear a non clip on tie. Never once did I choke a dude out.
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Kierland wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 2:12 amNever once did I choke a dude out.
The neck is fairly high. How many times did you latch onto an ankle?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Says the guy limping back in after getting run from his own board.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

88BuckeyeGrad wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:48 am
Kierland wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 2:12 amNever once did I choke a dude out.
The neck is fairly high. How many times did you latch onto an ankle?
:bode:
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

NYC is a giant flaming shithole. The subways have been like this since the Covid situation. I have witnessed the mentally ill assault old men and minority women numerous times in the last year. This situation is the clear exception, most of the time onlookers just sit uncomfortably waiting for the doors to open at the next stop. This guy had over 40 past ‘incidences’, he likely had this coming. I have said here many times that I don’t look to intercede if not necessary but I do carry a knife and have packed a .22 in my briefcase when traveling in the subway with my children. Mentally ill folks in this town have also been known to stab and shoot people, other than just scream at them. If anyone did that to my kids while we were heading to Central Park or school, that bum would be dead just like this guy.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:54 pm First off, how about your party start funding mental healthcare.
Are the republicans in charge in NY? How about Cali?

There is blame enough to go around. We need to get batshit crazy people off the streets. We also need to drop the hammer on uncivilized behavior rather than crucify cops for trying to do their jobs. Unfortunately, the cops are now looking the other way in neighborhoods that desperately need their help. And when that happens, people are forced to take care of things themselves as this former marine did. ANd you fukking assholes are willing to ruin his life for trying to help people.

Or, I guess we can just try to ignore such behavior as screwey seems to think is the answer. And just pray that one of these crazy fukks snap, he isn't the victim.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

The far lefties in here would have preferred that Neely killed several riders.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

L45B wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:21 pm NYC is a giant flaming shithole. The subways have been like this since the Covid situation. I have witnessed the mentally ill assault old men and minority women numerous times in the last year. This situation is the clear exception, most of the time onlookers just sit uncomfortably waiting for the doors to open at the next stop. This guy had over 40 past ‘incidences’, he likely had this coming. I have said here many times that I don’t look to intercede if not necessary but I do carry a knife and have packed a .22 in my briefcase when traveling in the subway with my children. Mentally ill folks in this town have also been known to stab and shoot people, other than just scream at them. If anyone did that to my kids while we were heading to Central Park or school, that bum would be dead just like this guy.
Yes it the victims fault. Not the fault of the crazy white jarhead. Fucking snowflakes.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Booger wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:27 pm The far lefties in here would have preferred that Neely killed several riders.
That’s not what happened you lying fuck. One of your guys did a murder and you decided the best course of action was to suck his dick.