Any y'all use a Ghost Gunner?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Any y'all use a Ghost Gunner?

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

A buddy wants to go halves on a Ghost Gunner III. I have about 4 dozen 80% lowers but I only need to mill 3 of them right now. I have a router jig for AR lowers but a GG3 will do AK lowers. Building an AK would be a lot of fun.

I'm thinking about it. Gotta make a decision by tomorrow. Any advice from the gun guys in the forum?

Preemptive block on all nazi/fascist comments.
Shut up, Randy!
Kierland

Re: Any y'all use a Ghost Gunner?

Post by Kierland »

More cosplay from the fragile masculinity crowd.
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Forgot to mention my buy in is $1200.
Shut up, Randy!
Steve Jobs
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Steve Jobs »

Looks like the GG3 does zero lowers, in addition to 80%

For $2500 you should buy it outright. The 80%ers are about to be banned, (or require serial #s) and fuk knows what else will be outlawed like specialty CNC devices.

Plus when they cut your buddies fingers off, he will tell all and that will include the whereabouts of your arms plant.

Sweet.
Last edited by Steve Jobs on Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I have a Springfield Hellcat 9mm for personal protection.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Take it from Zig, persuasion and focused positive thinking works better than guns...unless of course you're getting car-jacked--then you're fucked :wink:

Before God was, I am
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

I build AR rifles and carbines for fun, not defense. I have plenty of pistols for personal protection, including revolvers. Right now I'm building a high accuracy 5.56 with a 16" barrel and an AR10 in .270 Remington. My goal is to hit 6" steel at 600yds with the 5.56 and 1000yds with the .270. I have a Vortex scope for the 5.56. I have not chosen an optic for the AR10.

Everyone is building 6.5 Creedmore rifles for long range accuracy but Creedmore dudes are always douches so I'm building a .270. IMO, a couple of dudes who post here would shoot Creedmores.
Shut up, Randy!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

More fragile masculinity from the crowd that needs a safe space.
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Wolfman wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:51 pm I have a Springfield Hellcat 9mm for personal protection.
That's a nice little pistol. You're the guy in FLA, right? Do you carry it regularly?
Shut up, Randy!
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I currently do not hold a Concealed Carry Permit, but I "pack" when I am away from my house and have it handy at home.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

That's smart. This place has its share of crazy.
Shut up, Randy!
Steve Jobs

Post by Steve Jobs »

Donnie Baker wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:36 pm
Everyone is building 6.5 Creedmore rifles for long range accuracy but Creedmore dudes are always douches so I'm building a .270. IMO, a couple of dudes who post here would shoot Creedmores.
This.

The 6.5 Creed is just a .270 Win in a party hat (marketing hype). Shorter cartridge.

Cool project the AR10- .270. Now I want one. : )
Steve Jobs

Post by Steve Jobs »

Jsc810 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:24 am 1000 yards with a .270?? That doesn't seem possible. It isn't possible for me.

I use a .270 for deer and sometimes hogs, and I don't like going much past 200 yards. My longest shot ever was at a Texas ranch where I shot around 450 yards. There was a herd of them up on a big hill, my first shot missed so much that they didn't even know they were being shot at. The 2nd shot dropped a nice buck, and I aimed at least a foot above the animal. I can't imagine how high you'd have to aim at 1000 yards.
Hitting steel at 1,000 yards is a worthy goal with that .270. Is it a good (ethical) idea to try and take game at this distance with the same ,270? Prolly not. If you like shooting, reloading, and guns, you GOTTA see this guy. Plus an excellent chat about ethical shooting, and terminal ballistics.

His other videos are just as valuable.
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Taking an 80lb deer at 100yds I'd recommend a .223 or 5.56 to her head. Your .270 to the head would work really well also. You're not preserving antler and a shot through the lungs risks meat loss. You're lucky to net 30lbs as it is.

But it takes a lot of shooting to get "head shot confident."
Shut up, Randy!
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

I would never take game over 400yds away. There is never a need, imo. Stalk closer or sit in the blind and wait. If game is in the area and you're not being an idiot with noises and odors, you stand a good chance of having an idiot hunter push them toward you.

I shoot long distance strictly as a challenge. I find it extremely challenging and rewarding to build the rifle, hand-load the ammunition, tweak the head space, calculate cartrige pressures, measure muzzle velocity, and keep a dope book with my home loads documented. A friend who was overwatch in Iraq is teaching me. I have a LOT to learn but I have also come pretty far. I would compare the difficulty level with getting good at golf.
Shut up, Randy!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Don’t forget to drench yourself in deer urine.