Anyone see Game 5 tonight?

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Anyone see Game 5 tonight?

Post by RadioFan »

I know there's a pleathora of [sarcasm]Spurs fans on this board [/sarcasm], but it was a kick-ass game tonight. I know because I lost all of my gray hairs and they were replaced with .56 amount more, all within about 29 minutes.

Holy Fuck. Anyone withing 100 miles of San Antonio wearing a Duncan jersey should just put that sucker on e-bay, collect a few bones and purchase a jersey with No. 5 on it.

I guess "Big Shot Bob" still had a few more bullets left in the gun, even though he missed the last shot in game 5 of the WCF two years ago ... remember, Laker Fan? Bwaahhh.

Great game tonight, and I would have chimed in with that comment, regardless if the pistons had won and Babs had started 13 threads in here about it ... though I probably would have only commented in one of them.

So far, Finals MVP is a tossup between Ginobili, Horry and Billups. Maybe Hamilton as well.

After Duncan missing at least 5 freethrows in the last 5 minutes of regulation, plus missing the bunny shot at the end, the Pistons should have won this game.

I have no idea what Al Jolsen nor Scabs ... errrr ... Hueby Botox were saying on the ABC broadcast, which was the best thing about seeing and hearing this game outside of the Spurs winning, by far.

Out.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

I will keep my Duncan Jersey, thank you!

Love the shot and love the game but without Duncans 26 - 19 performance there would not be a big shot to take.

Duncan had a bad 4th quarter but he was a warrior nonetheless
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Duncan will get MVP. Horry's one shot, wont get him it.
Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

Post by Buried_Nick »

:lol: :lol: :lol: x !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still feel like after those free throws, he's Finals MVP material? I'd give it to Manu or Tony. They had a COMBINED 2 field goals in the last 20:00 min. of gm 6 !!!!!!!

Coach Larry Brown won an NBA playoff game for the 100th time as an NBA coach, breaking a tie with Red Auerbach for third-most in league history, shaking hands with and hugging Spurs coach Gregg Popovich as the game ended.

There were 23 lead changes and seven ties in the first three quarters before Detroit built a seven-point lead early in the fourth quarter and stayed ahead the rest of the way, handing the Spurs just their sixth home loss in 51 games at the SBC Center this season.

Now, the Pistons will have to try to become the first team in finals history to win the last two games on the road. But given what they've done over the past two seasons, refusing to quit when circumstances are most dire, they have to be considered a legitimate candidate to make a little more history.

"We can fight any odds,'' Wallace said. "You know, a lot of people thought we were going to be out tonight, but - they had their Crist'al ready and all that stuff, but - hey, we're going to pop it Thursday.''
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
:lol:
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

You might want to wait until they win before you pop off, but that hasn't stopped you before. If the Spurs win, Duncan will get MVP. If the Pistons win, it will be Chauncy again.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Wait, there's a basketball game tonight? :roll: WFC?
Killian

Post by Killian »

Laxplayer wrote:Wait, there's a basketball game tonight? :roll: WFC?
Yeah, you don't have to watch those anymore with your new job. Now you know what the hell the kids will be talking about.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Hell Killian, they're all teens and no one can figure out what they're talking about.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

It's good to be Da King!

Tim Duncan Your Finals MVP!
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Vito Corleone wrote:Tim Duncan Your Finals MVP!
Not to complain ... but Duncan not getting MVP is about as safe as David Stern not looking for face time during the draft.

Ginobili. Ginobili. Ginobili.

Then Duncan, then Bowen, then Parker. EOP.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Killian

Post by Killian »

I agree, but I have to give Duncan credit. He sucked ass in the first half and for the first part of the 3rd quarter, but when it mattered most he played his best ball. Rack the Spurs.