ANOTHER mass shooting

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Re: ANOTHER mass shooting

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Softball Bat wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:26 am That is potentially more disturbing than if they had chosen on their own not to go in.
I actually understand why the cops didn't go in, and don't blame them. It also shows what an idiot Wolftard is.

Wolftard wants the school to a a single entry point. While this school had multiple entry points, the classrooms only had one. That meant that the suspect knew that his enemy was only coming into the room at one place. So he could focus on that one space & mow down whoever came in. At the same time that meant that officers entering the room would have to upon entry locate the position of the suspect & determine whether innocents were in the line of fire before shhoting. Yet that wasn't the whole situation in this case. Because the suspect was wearing body armor taking down the suspect would require a heads hot. That requires more precise shot than aiming for "the center of mass." In sum, the suspect had all the tactical advantages while the regular cops were faced with what would have been a suicide mission.

It's not hard for someone with bad intentions to gain access to a classroom (think non-custodial parent who school officials aren't aware of their status). Having multiple entry points gives non-specialized officers to put suspects down instead of needing to wait for SWAT or other units.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/28/us/f ... index.html

Texas Department of Public Safety Col. Steven McCraw acknowledged errors in the police response to Tuesday's
mass shooting. The on-scene commander, who is also the Uvalde school district police chief, "believed that it
had transitioned from an active shooter to a barricaded subject
," McCraw said.

"It was the wrong decision. Period. There's no excuse for that," McCraw said of the supervisor's call not to
confront the shooter.

Thor Eells, executive director of the National Tactical Officers Association (NTAO), said the commander's
determination was "100% flawed." A barricade calls for officers to slow down their response, analyze whether
the subject is alone and negotiate, he said.

"If you're in a classroom with innocent victims and I know that shots have been fired, I need to engage you.
Even if you stopped firing, I'm going to make entry into the room so we can begin to administer life-saving aid
to any potential victims," Eells said.

The delayed police response in Uvalde runs contrary to well-established, commonly taught active shooter
protocol established after the Columbine school shooting of 1999, Eells said.

"Even under fire, officers are trained to go to that threat because every second counts," said Jonathan Wackrow,
a CNN law enforcement analyst. "What we saw here was that delay cost children their lives, full stop."
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Softball Bat wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:26 am That is potentially more disturbing than if they had chosen on their own not to go in.
That’s what being a coward is, choosing to do nothing.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

“…had transitioned from an active shooter to a barricaded subject,"
There is no such thing. An active shooter can’t silently transition to BS they must start out as a BS or communicate demands to police after shooting one or more people. Dude is a “top cop” and doesn’t even now what side of his fatass he shits from. Fuck them all and fuck anyone who makes excuses cause that is just betraying kids.

And this is for the “laws don’t work” crowd (you know? The side that says they are the law and order guys.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/facepalm/comme ... n_america/
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Fatman is so close to getting.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Yes you can ONLY imagine, not being yellow is not an option for you.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Trump Jr speaks

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... s%2F108839

I agree with him on one thing: Bombs could definitely cause mass casualties. That's why they should make them illegal, too.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

FiatLux wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:40 am Trump Jr speaks

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... s%2F108839

I agree with him on one thing: Bombs could definitely cause mass casualties. That's why they should make them illegal, too.
In his own book he compared the "sacrifices" he endured on the 2016 campaign trail to those made by the soldiers, sailors, airmen & Marines laying in Arlington National Cemetery. He needs to sit down & STFU.
9/27/22
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Wolfman wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:05 am An effective fix could be done today. Harden the target: single entry points with armed law enforcement.
Since you Republicans love to ask this question so much of Democrats....

How are you going to pay for all that? That's going to cost a lot of money.

And that's a very important question when looking at what took place just before the shooting. Apparently a teacher had propped the door open just minutes before the POS crashed his truck. Anyone want to take a guess why the teacher would want to do that when the outside temperature was in the 90's?
9/27/22
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

There’s over 130mm registered firearms in the US. Far more then any other country in the world (Yemen is at 53mm). A mandatory buyback program like they did in Australia simply isn’t going to work. This would lead to civil war and much more carnage.

There is a multitude of contributing factors here why mass shootings have been a normal thing since Columbine in 1999.

-social media platforms started popping up in early 2000s
-First person shooter online gaming came about the same time
-violent video content easily available
-church attendance went from 70% to 47% since 2000
-Key gun laws expired in 2004
-media’s coverage of Mass shootings spend way too much time on the shooter which contributes to copy cat mass shootings
-Gun shows and a joke of a background check make it too easy to purchase a firearm.

All of these are contributing factors. When we address all of this, then maybe there is hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So if you nuts get mad you will attack America. How very Confederate of you. What a disgusting POS.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

It is not attacking America. It’s a difference of philosophy on certain rights. Think of it this way; you honestly think military will not break rank or split when they have to go take guns from their own families and friends? The 2nd amendment being overturned will never happen.

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Hey dumbass, you said if they make a law you don’t like there will be a civil war. You are not on the side of the laws, that makes you (and a bunch of the military who I guess you think enforce laws) the Confederate again. That makes you Anti-American. Denying it makes you a delusional nutcase.

And nobody is saying overturn the 2nd Am you orange-cum covered Strawman erector.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Violent video games? I'm sure glad that those games haven't been available in other countries & caused them to have mass shootings.

OH wait....

And shove your Bible up your ass. There are plenty of countries that have lower church-going rates yet don't have the mass shootings that we experience.

Perhaps if you people who love to thump your bibles would stop grooming your children...

9/27/22
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:02 am
Wolfman wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:05 am An effective fix could be done today. Harden the target: single entry points with armed law enforcement.
Since you Republicans love to ask this question so much of Democrats....

How are you going to pay for all that? That's going to cost a lot of money.

And that's a very important question when looking at what took place just before the shooting. Apparently a teacher had propped the door open just minutes before the POS crashed his truck. Anyone want to take a guess why the teacher would want to do that when the outside temperature was in the 90's?
A lot of money? Compared to what? It's all Monopoly money anyway, but what are you implying about the apparently left opened door? :?:
Before God was, I am
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Diego wrote:And shove your Bible up your ass.
Woah!
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Violent video games? I'm sure glad that those games haven't been available in other countries & caused them to have mass shootings.

OH wait....

And shove your Bible up your ass. There are plenty of countries that have lower church-going rates yet don't have the mass shootings that we experience.

Perhaps if you people who love to thump your bibles would stop grooming your children...

So you believe it’s just guns that makes someone want go kill a bunch of people? Nothing else is a contributing factor?

Everything I mention is a big or small contributing factor to someone turning into a mass shooter. You don’t turn evil by just knowing you can buy a gun, dumbfuck.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/magaz ... a-00035762

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Papa Willie wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:33 am
Softball Bat wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:01 am
Diego wrote:And shove your Bible up your ass.
Woah!
He’s gonna try to get religion banned.

His inner Hitler is coming out. I think Pedo and the midget are gonna completely snap and do some killing.
More projection from the fatman.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Go Christian thinks religion makes you less violent. You know, the kid fucking, war mongering, bigots. They are the peaceful ones.

Fuck off traytorr.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Go Coogs' wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:52 am There is a multitude of contributing factors here why mass shootings have been a normal thing since Columbine in 1999.

-social media platforms started popping up in early 2000s :|
-First person shooter online gaming came about the same time :lol:
-violent video content easily available :lol:
-church attendance went from 70% to 47% since 2000 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Key gun laws expired in 2004 :(
-media’s coverage of Mass shootings spend way too much time on the shooter which contributes to copy cat mass shootings :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Gun shows and a joke of a background check make it too easy to purchase a firearm. :(

All of these are contributing factors. When we address all of this, then maybe there is hope.
Edited with comment for Rumps. You got two of them right.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Are there any 911 calls from this shooting fiasco?

If someone has heard one, please post a link.

tia
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Go Coogs' wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:52 am There is a multitude of contributing factors here why mass shootings have been a normal thing since Columbine in 1999.

-church attendance went from 70% to 47% since 2000 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-media’s coverage of Mass shootings spend way too much time on the shooter which contributes to copy cat mass shootings :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Gun shows and a joke of a background check make it too easy to purchase a firearm. :(

You’re still saying guns are the only reason someone commits a mass shooting. So by your logic, the millions of gun owners out are mass shooters.

Did you even click the link in my response to Diego?

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Kierland wrote:Go Christian thinks religion makes you less violent. You know, the kid fucking, war mongering, bigots. They are the peaceful ones.

Fuck off traytorr.
So you think there is zero correlation with church attendance going down and mass shootings increasing since 2000?

Say what you want about being a non-believer but The New Testament is all about showing grace and showing love for one another. Forget everything and just read the underlying message for the four gospels. It’s about treating each other right.

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

I don’t think connection is correlation no, but then I’m not a bible thumping twat who believes in men in the clouds. I also don’t see many Christians practicing what is in the Bible so that argument is also shit. And lastly, many of the mass shooting are literally being perpetrated by bible thumpers so it’s a shit argument for that reason.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Not many self-glossing “Christians” (ie Southern Baptist Racist Militia Rapist Convention, or the Roman Catholic Misogynist Pedophile Church for example) these days are coming anywhere close to following Jesus’ teachings.

If anything they regularly discard Jesus and go Old Testament in their daily lives.
Last edited by Mikey on Mon May 30, 2022 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Go Coogs' wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:11 pm
Screw_Michigan wrote:

You’re still saying guns are the only reason someone commits a mass shooting. So by your logic, the millions of gun owners out are mass shooters.

Did you even click the link in my response to Diego?

Every ice cube is made of water molecules, not every water molecule is ice. You don’t even know 3rd grade logic, but you do believe in God. Gee how surprising.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Go Coogs' wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:16 pm
Kierland wrote:Go Christian thinks religion makes you less violent. You know, the kid fucking, war mongering, bigots. They are the peaceful ones.

Fuck off traytorr.
So you think there is zero correlation with church attendance going down and mass shootings increasing since 2000?
You need to consider the difference between cause and effect. Perhaps people of good faith are staying away from churches because they’ve become centers of hate-mongering, authoritarianism, racism and everything that Jesus warned against.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Mikey wrote:Not many self-glossing “Christians” (ie Southern Baptist Racist Militia Rapist Convention, or the Roman Catholic Misogynist Pedophile Church for example) these days are coming anywhere close to following Jesus’ teachings.

If anything they regularly discard Jesus and go Old Testament in their daily lives.
I agree with you that a lot of Christians completely miss the point of what Christianity truly is. Søren Kierkegaard touched on this most. He believed in God but couldn’t stand the way Christianity was being practiced.

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

ANOTHER mass shooting

Post by Go Coogs' »

Mikey wrote:
Go Coogs' wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:16 pm

Fuck off traytorr.
You need to consider the difference between cause and effect. Perhaps people of good faith are staying away from churches because they’ve become centers of hate-mongering, authoritarianism, racism and everything that Jesus warned against.
It’s a fair point. Their own conservative and Old Testament message while the rest of the nation was progressing towards total inclusion of all walks of life may have contributed to the attendance demise. I still thing there is cross correlation between everything I mentioned above. I don’t think New Testament ways was lost on everyone.

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So we provide evidence to the contrary )and you even agree with some of i)t but yet you still don’t think it true even though you have no evidence at all.
Not surprising from someone who “believes” in god, with also no proof.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Kierland wrote:So we provide evidence to the contrary )and you even agree with some of i)t but yet you still don’t think it true even though you have no evidence at all.
Not surprising from someone who “believes” in god, with also no proof.
No, it’s called having a constructive discussion and being open minded to what the other side thinks that elicits thought provoking consideration. You know, something that was lost on this board 15 years ago. People like you are part of the problem and not the solution. Unfortunately, you outnumber people like me and Mikey.

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

There is nothing constructive about you dismissing evidence, in fact that is what killed the board. Merit used to be the order of the day. Now shmucks like Shedick spout nonsense and don’t get blowback from over half the posters.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Kierland wrote:There is nothing constructive about you dismissing evidence, in fact that is what killed the board. Merit used to be the order of the day. Now shmucks like Shedick spout nonsense and don’t get blowback from over half the posters.
I’m not dismissing it. I agree somewhat with Mikey pointing out cause and effect to church attendance decreasing, but there is a cause and effect to that as well. If you pull your family out of church and then New Testament message will dissolve over time.

It’s not like churches doubled down on exclusion and only taught the Old Testament and denounced gays every Sunday when the movement was gaining momentum. They were still teaching Jesus’ walk to Jerusalem and sharing stories of him breaking barriers daily (conversation with lady in the well). Still a very hypocritical thing to do, but the Message is still sound.

And Schmick is part of the problem too. Like I said, the close minded outraged people outnumber the one who consider both sides.

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You have the wrong cause and effect. Pulling people from church causes fewer Christians, but fewer Christians doesn’t cause more mass shootings. Again, you believe in god (which is important to you) with no proof so of course there are plenty of other less important things in your life that you will believe in with no proof.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Kierland wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:13 pm Now shmucks like Shedick spout nonsense and don’t get blowback from over half the posters.
Oh...OK. If you say so.

:meds:
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:33 pm
Kierland wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:13 pm Now shmucks like Shedick spout nonsense and don’t get blowback from over half the posters.
Oh...OK. If you say so.

:meds:
Actually poster history shows that fatman and BrokenPsyche and their lot almost never call him out. In the old days he would have been ran long ago. In fact he was run and then snuck back in when it whittled down to only a few posters.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I’ll go with #, but it could be that the lock was sticky, Maintenance (prolly one retired janitor for the entire district) is three months behind, and Teacher just didn’t want to deal with it.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Props to Roach on picking up on what is the most likely answer.
Mikey wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:54 pm I’ll go with #, but it could be that the lock was sticky, Maintenance (prolly one retired janitor for the entire district) is three months behind, and Teacher just didn’t want to deal with it.
It's possible, although I don't believe quite as likely.

But both situations still point to the absurdity of conservatives claiming they want to spend money to harden the schools when they aren't even willing to keep the schools in operable & humane condition.
9/27/22