The "pro-life," "tough-on-crime" party

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

The "pro-life," "tough-on-crime" party

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Chalks up another electoral victory. There is no bottom with GQPers.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2022/05/indi ... -cell.html
Indiana Republican accused of killing wife wins primary from his jail cell

Andrew Wilhoite is in an Indiana jail accused of killing his wife who was battling cancer, but he still somehow managed to win a Republican primary in his town this week.

Indiana State Police allege Wilhoite struck his wife, Nikki Wilhoite, 41, with “a blunt object” and dumped her in a creek. She had reportedly filed for divorce the day before her final chemotherapy treatment back in March. Nikki’s body was recovered on March 26 following an 18-hour search, and Andrew was reportedly arrested later that day.

But Andrew Wilhoite was running for a spot on the Clinton Township Board, and his name stayed on the ballot for the primary there on Tuesday, and he got enough votes to keep that push going. According to reports, Wilhoite got 60 votes which is enough to get his name on the November general election ballot to fill one of the township’s three open seats.

He can, reportedly, withdraw from the race before June 15, but he, at least for now, will be allowed to remain on the ballot.

“There is no legal reason he can’t be a candidate,” Brad King, the co-director of the Indiana Election Division said, according to a report in The Kansas City Star. “Under our system you are innocent until you are proven guilty. If a person is convicted of a felony, then they are no longer eligible to be a candidate and are ineligible to hold office.”

Wilhoite does not yet have a trial date, and King said that, should he win while still incarcerated, he can take his oath of office while he is in jail.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Re: The "pro-life," "tough-on-crime" party

Post by Softball Bat »

Under our system you are innocent until you are proven guilty
Yes, there is that.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

How quickly you forget your side’s issues with crime.

And look at you assuming guilt before a trial. Typical of Democratic Dictators.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:40 pm How quickly you forget your side’s issues with crime.

And look at you assuming guilt before a trial. Typical of Democratic Dictators.
You mean like you did in the boarder crossing/ drug thread?
Difference here is there is probable cause to think he did it because he was arrested for it so ya might want to NOT VOTE for him.
You suck at everything, even Whataboutism.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Softball Bat wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:00 pm
Under our system you are innocent until you are proven guilty
Yes, there is that.
What does that have to do with deciding to vote for him? Lots of people are accused of stuff that never goes to court and people still don’t VOTE FOR them because of it.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/andrew-wil ... -election/

9,000 people live in Clinton Township.

276 votes were cast for Republicans for the three positions on the Clinton Township Board, and jailbird Wilhoite got 60 of them.
No Dims were on the ballot.

Clinton Township is not exactly -----> Wokeville, USA. :)

My guess here is that most (or nearly all) of the yokels who placed a vote for this guy didn't even know that he is accused of a crime.
They just picked out thee R's and voted for them.

But, I dunno.
That is just my own speculation, based on the info I see.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:33 pm If found guilty, don't you think he should be euthanized within 48 hours of being sentenced?

I do.
I do not. I do think GQPers shouldn't vote for such a pile of human waste, but apparently I'm asking for too much there.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Of course fatman doesn’t address the actual issue. He is yellow even when he does respond.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Watching the Intellectuals make Bacon spam and the Cult45's melt is hilarious.

Too funny