Suicide Bombing As A Tactic

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Suicide Bombing As A Tactic

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Here's an interesting article on suicide bombing as a tactic (rather than an irrational expression of hatred - which fits far better into the narrow confines of propaganda).

I've been banging on about this for ages and this is the first article I've seen on the subject from America, which is strange as it's common knowledge in more enlightened nations.

http://www.dissidentvoice.org/June05/Nimmo0621.htm

To sum up, when you confuse strategy with propaganda - you're fucked :lol:
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

To sum up, this isn't the first time suicide attacks have been strategically used, so I'm sure the people in charge are well informed.

In fact, are you aware that these suckers that blow themselves up have to BUY the fucking vehicle from mercs in Iran, Syria, and Saudi Arabia with their own money ?

:lol:
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Well, the key is the larger point of motivation - that deteriorating living conditions fuel the method rather than fanatacism. And the second bit you've written is complete nonsense.

One of the funnier stories I've read are that here are only half a dozen bombers, they simply plant the explosives in unsuspecting vehicles whilst in the garage for repairs.

Another was on election day, when 'authorities' claimed to have arrested the man responsible for '75% of all bombings in Bagdad, so get out there and vote!'

It seems that the man responsible for the other 25% presents quite a problem.
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Dr_Phibes wrote:Well, the key is the larger point of motivation - that deteriorating living conditions fuel the method rather than fanatacism.
Maybe if they learned not to act on decades old grudges that undermine the standard of living they might be able to move out of the dark ages.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

If I came home and found my family napalmed, my sweet ride scratched by an American shopping cart, and my home bunker bustered, you better believe I'd be strappin' on the belt.

You might too.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

I think it's pretty obvious that it's being used as a strategic tactic. The areas being hit are predominantly recruiting depots for police and army and police stations. One of ours for twenty of yours is a great trade-off in any war.

Phibes, your clear admiration for these freaks is sickening. You are a troubled, little man.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Tom In VA wrote:To sum up, this isn't the first time suicide attacks have been strategically used, so I'm sure the people in charge are well informed.

In fact, are you aware that these suckers that blow themselves up have to BUY the fucking vehicle from mercs in Iran, Syria, and Saudi Arabia with their own money ?

:lol:
Hope they didn't go for that extended warranty. :wink:
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

See You Next Wednesday wrote:
Dr_Phibes wrote:Well, the key is the larger point of motivation - that deteriorating living conditions fuel the method rather than fanatacism.
Maybe if they learned not to act on decades old grudges that undermine the standard of living they might be able to move out of the dark ages.
So what are you saying?

Suicide bombing is commonplace in countries with occupying powers, so what's to do with 'decade old grudges'?
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Variable wrote:I think it's pretty obvious that it's being used as a strategic tactic. The areas being hit are predominantly recruiting depots for police and army and police stations. One of ours for twenty of yours is a great trade-off in any war.

Phibes, your clear admiration for these freaks is sickening. You are a troubled, little man.
You need to get off the fence, Variable. Either you're an Imperialist or you're not.

None of this Democrat 'don't support the war but support the troops' horseshit.

You've been getting slack, flabby and decadent, here in Babylon.

You need to get back to the three revolutionary basics - work, study, rifle.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Phibes, you talk a good game, but why don't you follow up on your act. Strap some explosives up your ass and save us from reading your next keystroke. Or are you a Pussy. Quack Quack Mo-Fo
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

marty wrote:If I came home and found my family napalmed, my sweet ride scratched by an American shopping cart, and my home bunker bustered, you better believe I'd be strappin' on the belt.

You might too.
There are better ways at fighting an enemy than offing yourself. Human resources, no, not the kind that handles your 401k and HMO, dorks :D, are the most valuable commodity that any armed force has. By using suicide bombings regularly, you deplete your most important asset. I get why it's effective in the short term, but as a long term strategy I don't see it working, ever.
Phibes wrote:You need to get off the fence, Variable. Either you're an Imperialist or you're not.

If by that do you mean "Do I think Iraq should be the 51st state?", then the answer is "no". If you mean do I think that we have the right to pre-emptively strike countries that actively plot against us and carry out attacks against us or aid groups or countries that do so, then the answer is "yes". I don't think supporting the latter makes me an imperialist though, I think it makes me a nationalist.
None of this Democrat 'don't support the war but support the troops' horseshit.
Less of that here, fucko.
You've been getting slack, flabby and decadent, here in Babylon.

You need to get back to the three revolutionary basics - work, study, rifle.
I've been getting slack, flabby and decadent because I deserve it. I did my six years in service of my country and now I'm enjoying the spoils of life.

Work: I'm one of the top programmers at my company and have skills that those better than me don't.

Study: I constantly read to not only feed my brain, but increase my skillset at work so that I can make even more cash and reap even more spoils.

Rifle: I did my six years in the service. If need be, I could fight again, as I still shoot straighter than most.

Hot damn! I'm a better communist than I thought!

Viva la revolucion`!! :D:D

DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Well, the key is the larger point of motivation - that deteriorating living conditions fuel the method rather than fanatacism.
Interesting then that we don't see similar tactics in Africa.

Also interesting that we don't see similar tactics by the Iranian people against the Mullahs or Syrians against the Baathists.

Where we do see it are by A-rabs bombing Jews despite the fact that it is there A-rab leaders that are robbing them blind and then also burying them if they complain.

How can that behavior not be considered irrational by any standard?
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

mvscal wrote:
Really? Where are all the Tibetan suicide bombers? Where were all the Eastern European suicide bombers during the Cold War? Where are all the suicide bombers in sub-Saharan Africa?

The bottom line is that suicide bombing as a tactic only works as a propaganda tool. The only militarily significant suicide bombing campaign in recorded history was the Japanese kamikaze in WW2 and even that didn't really work out that well in the end.

"Decade old grudges"? Try millenia old grudges. These dipshits are still fighting the Crusades.
There aren't any Tibetan suicide bombers because for all intents and purposes, they were liberated. I'd like to see those tambourine banging pukes try and regain the land from the farmers - they'd be run through in a heartbeat.

Eastern Europe? It appears Communism wasn't so bad..

And you don't see it in Africa because you haven't got such a massive disparity between forces as in Iraq, or the occupied territories - you have a chance in a stand up fight.

And you're wrong - suicide as a tactic worked for Hezbollah:
The Palestinians adopted suicide bombing from Hezbollah -- and Hezbollah successfully broke the Israeli occupation of southern Lebanon. Israel's invasion and occupation of Lebanon killed approximately 18,000 innocent civilians, injured 30,000, made homeless between 500,000-800,000, and was singularly responsible for the creation and growth of the occupation resistance organization Hezbollah. Robert Pape made the following observation in the New York Times on May 19, 2005:

Before Israel's invasion of Lebanon in 1982, there was no Hezbollah suicide terrorist campaign against Israel; indeed, Hezbollah came into existence only after this event. Before the Sri Lankan military began moving into the Tamil homelands of the island in 1987, the Tamil Tigers did not use suicide attacks. Before the huge increase in Jewish settlers on the West Bank in the 1980s, Palestinian groups did not use suicide terrorism. And, true to form, there had never been a documented suicide attack in Iraq until after the American invasion in 2003.
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

C'mon, bro! The #1 and #2 industries in Czechoslovakia are prostitution and drugs!...and they're one of the countries that hasn't had it as bad.

Regardless, suicide bombings are a tactic used by muslims in Arabic countries. Name one time that it was used outside of the middle east as a revolutionary strategy.
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Dr_Phibes wrote: There aren't any Tibetan suicide bombers because for all intents and purposes, they were liberated. I'd like to see those tambourine banging pukes try and regain the land from the farmers - they'd be run through in a heartbeat.

I see the punchline but I don't see the joke.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

I see the punchline but I don't see the joke.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Suicide bombing works as a tactical weapon. That's why you're outraged. Because you have no defense against it. It scares you shitless that some dude is ready to go ka-blooey for Allah
and all you can do is write dismissive analysis on the practice.

Just to let you know, the Arabs do not claim sole possesion, or even primacy in the field
of suicide bombing. That distinctive title goes to the Tamil Tigers of Sri Lanka, who employ mainly women in their attacks.
P.S. They're not Arabs.
P.P.S. They're not Muslims.

Look it up.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

mvscal wrote:
Martyred wrote:Suicide bombing works as a tactical weapon.
Militarily speaking, what exactly have they accomplished with this tactic?

So they kill a couple troops here and there. So what?
Enhanced security at sensitive installations = fewer combat patrols

"So they kill a couple troops here and there. So what?"

That is sooooooo sig material! But I'll let you off the hook this time. Everyone's entitled to unwind after work with a couple of drinks.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

mvscal wrote:
Martyred wrote:Suicide bombing works as a tactical weapon.
Militarily speaking, what exactly have they accomplished with this tactic?

So they kill a couple troops here and there. So what?
- Your freedom of movement is almost zero. Rather than have heaps of bloated tourists sun themselves at the side of the Holiday Inn pool whilst docile Iraqis fan them with palm leaves (see Britain in India), you're limited to peeping out from behind blastproof glass from the Green Zone.

- The life expectancy of an American on the street is five minutes.

- The Army should have been assembled at their jump off points for Iran last year.

All hail the Mayor of the Green Zone.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Variable wrote:
C'mon, bro! The #1 and #2 industries in Czechoslovakia are prostitution and drugs!...and they're one of the countries that hasn't had it as bad.
Add gambling and you have Las Vegas. What's the problem?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

Variable wrote:

Regardless, suicide bombings are a tactic used by muslims in Arabic countries. Name one time that it was used outside of the middle east as a revolutionary strategy.
in-----

former warsaw pact countries
mvscals blow monkey spunk
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

"A nightly programme on al-Iraqiya that has drawn international attention is called "Terrorism in the Grip of Justice" and shows alleged militants confessing to a series of crimes, including bombings, murder and rape."

They left out "littering" and "jamming slugs into parking meters".

The war is lost. Jail to the chief.
Why don’t you just STFU.