CA Peeps...

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

CA Peeps...

Post by Left Seater »

I heard that rolling blackouts are back. How does that work? Do you know when you may be blacked out? Or is it a complete shock when it does happen?

It would suck to be working and suddenly have the power go off on you or cooking or or or.

Here’s hoping you get some advance warning or at least some notification that your area is on the list for possible blackouts.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: CA Peeps...

Post by Mikey »

News to me. We normally get email and/or text notifications of any planned outages. I know they called a “flex” alert where they ask everyone to reduce their usage, due to the unusually hot weather.

That doesn’t really apply to me because I’m already covering all of my usage during the peak period between solar and battery storage. Not actually hoping for an outage here but I haven’t had a chance yet to see how well the battery backup works in a real situation. It’s one of the reasons we’ve done all the work on our house in the past couple of years.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

We got notice the one time they blacked us out, by then there was zero in the freezer that could spoil. We just went camping for a couple of days. Didn’t really notice any problems when we got back.

And Shedick lying again is getting super old.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Today, I’d be more worried about the folks in Iowa.

Large parts of the state were virtually destroyed on Monday. Their R governor took five days to request federal assistance and their two R senators have yet to be heard from.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

The supreme orange one has established the R agenda. Point a finger away for any problems that may be. Do not acknowledge anything unfortunate until it can be directed at the opposition.

This is why the governor, senators, R leaders do nothing.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

schmick wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:54 pm fuck their flex alerts, I run the ACs on both ends of my house at 68 degrees and they still say I produce more power than I use, but they won't pay me for all they take from my solar panels
Fuck you
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mikey wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:03 pm Today, I’d be more worried about the folks in Iowa.

Large parts of the state were virtually destroyed on Monday. Their R governor took five days to request federal assistance and their two R senators have yet to be heard from.
GOP leadership is lethal
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:42 pm
Mikey wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:03 pm Today, I’d be more worried about the folks in Iowa.

GOP leadership is lethal
TDS at its most severe.

Never mind your team actively promotes killing unwanted babies.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

But whatabout abortion?

Nobody cares. Just STFU already.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Left Seater wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:48 pm

GOP leadership is lethal
TDS at its most severe.

Still hiding Pigman?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51636&start=120
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

GOP leadership is lethal
TDS at its most severe.

Whataboutism
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

GOP leadership is lethal
TDS at its most severe.

Killing a baby is illegal unless the mother's life is at risk. And even then the baby is provided palliative care prior.

Otherwise there are "babies being killed."
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

What happened in Iowa? Did a grid go down?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:59 pm But whatabout abortion?

Nobody on team D cares about the systemic killing of kids.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Historically strong storms.
Innocent Bystander wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:08 am

What happened in Iowa? Did a grid go down?
Historically strong storms.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:35 am
Systemic killing of kids.
WTF are you blabbering about?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

So Screwy is smarter than you? :doh:

Your team supports killing as birth control. Yet Screwy wants to claim GOP leadership is lethal while continuing to give a pass go Team D governors.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The Left Shitter platform---

Dump isn't responsble for 165,000 and growing Covid 19 deaths and millions of positive cases because......Democrats support legal abortion.

The Party of Personal Responsibility (TM).......refuses to take any sort of personal responsibitliy for the elected officials they put in office. As a reminder, we still do not have any sort of federal strategy and response to fight Covid 19 other than enriching Trump officials and Trump cronies with shady contracts.

Pretty well sums up the Dump Administration.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

He is still blaming his vote for Donny Golden Shower on Her.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

schmick wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:08 pm
Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:59 pm But whatabout abortion?

Nobody on team D cares about the systemic killing of kids.
Especially 5 year old ones executed solely for being white
The kid's dad said it wasn't race, it was drugs. He said their neighbor was hallucinating when he shot the kid.

The man immediately went to jail, the news is all on it, and the family's gofundme has passed $500K.

If you want cacs to riot, start one.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Kierland wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:54 pm He is still blaming his vote for Donny Golden Shower on Her.
Clinton was the worst major party candidate of all time.

A man's sexual preferences are his own - whether getting pissed on, fucking trannies, or being the tranny.

Were the hookers adults? Were they forced to do it? Was money embezzled to do it? If the answers are "Yes, No, No", then I don't give a fuck, and neither should anyone else -- especially you.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Mikey wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:47 pm
Systemic killing of kids.
WTF are you blabbering about?
He's talking about abortion, aka the intentional genocide of the African-American population. Cacs had a good run. 50 years later, and they're still officially replaced by non-whites. Just not the descendants of slaves feared most.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

This just in this morning:

Dear Customer,
As you have seen in the news, electric utilities in California, including SDG&E, are being directed to initiate rotating outages due to prolonged heat and high energy demand. To help avoid the potential for widespread rotating outages in the coming days, it’s vital we all do our part to help reduce the strain on the electric grid by conserving energy.

The heatwave is forecasted to continue through Thursday. As a result, the California Independent System Operator (CAISO), which manages the state’s power grid and is responsible for ordering rotating outages, is urging everyone to conserve energy because exceptionally high energy demand is expected during this period. CAISO has issued a Flex Alert today through Wednesday, asking for reduced energy use.

Without significant conservation measures to reduce demand on the grid, we anticipate SDG&E and other utilities in the state will be required to implement widespread rotating outages as a last resort to help maintain stability of the statewide grid. Power is usually restored to impacted customers in about an hour.

Due to the severity of the forecasted conditions, it is possible that customers who were affected by rotating outages on Friday and Saturday (Aug. 14 and 15) could be impacted again over the coming days, if CAISO directs SDG&E to implement rotating outages.

Communities located in High Fire Threat Districts that are subject to Public Safety Power Shutoffs are excluded from rotating outages, as are certain critical facilities, such as hospitals, police and fire stations.

How You Can Help
Conservation continues to be vital to help avoid the need for rotating outages, as well as the duration of outages and the number of customers affected. Health and safety permitting, here are some actions to take to save energy:

• Set your air conditioner thermostat a few degrees higher (ideally at 78 degrees or higher) and pre-cool your home before 4 p.m. If possible, turn off the AC during a power emergency
• Use large appliances, such as dishwashers, clothes washers, and dryers before 4 p.m. or after 9 p.m.
• Reduce pool pump filtering or turn it off
• Keep the doors of your refrigerator and freezer closed.
• Switch off all unnecessary lighting (for businesses, turn off advertising signs and display/flood/decorative lighting)
• Cut down on water use because water pumping/processing requires electricity
• Don’t charge electric vehicles from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., if possible
• Defer or reduce all non-essential use of commercial and industrial equipment, such as boilers, exhaust fans, reproduction equipment, maintenance and repair equipment, dispensing machines, intercoms, cleaning equipment, circulating pumps and electric chargers.

To help support our community during this challenging time, everyone is also urged to continue to observe social distancing and face covering guidelines as they find ways to cope with the heat and rotating outages.

Where to Learn More
While SD&GE may not receive much advance notice that it is being directed to implement outages, SDG&E is committed to providing our customers with as much notice as possible as the situation changes. We are leveraging multiple means to provide customers with updates, including automated phone calls, text messages, emails, our website (sdge.com), local news outlets and social media (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram).

• For information about outages and restoration times, visit sdge.com/outagemap
• For safety tips on what to during an outage and for answers to frequently asked questions regarding rotating outages, visit sdge.com/outage

If rotating outages are ordered by CAISO, SDG&E will post the circuit and block numbers of those who may be impacted at sdgenews.com. You can find those numbers on your paper bill under the electric service section or via the SDG&E app or sdge.com/myaccount.

We understand there is never a good time to lose power, and it’s especially challenging during a heat wave and pandemic. Please be assured we will restore power safely and quickly as soon as we are directed to do so by CAISO. We appreciate your efforts to conserve energy and thank you for your patience.

Scott Crider

Vice President of Customer Services
The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Post by The Big Pickle »

And if you try to leave California they will impose a 10 YEAR WEALTH TAX on you!

Come on California.....Enough is ENOUGH!

TURN CALIFORNIA RED!
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

yeah, Death Valley reached 130 degrees yesterday (hottest recorded temperature in the world in over 100 years). Today looks like it starting to bake again.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Death+V ... vs=1#tts=0

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

It's not quite so hot here today. It's only up to 88, probably because it's been cloudy (and muggy as hell). It was 95 yesterday.

Fortunately (for me I guess) we are exempt for the time being from rolling blackouts. But that's only because we're on the Public Safety Power Shutoff list for being in a high fire risk area. Can't wait for the Santa Ana's to start.

I don't use any electricity from the grid between 4:00 PM and 9:00 PM anyway. It's all covered by PV and a battery.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Nice good for you. Got some relief last couple of days with the tropical rain. I can't remember the last time it rained here in the summer. It was 110 in the Bay Area befor the rain. Still hot but muggy as well.

Nice lightning shows

Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

That's fucked up :shock:
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

yeah, I hadn't thought of that. My apartment faces the west and the ocean and all I saw were brillant sunsets and lightning from The Richmond District.

Still, it was amazing.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

So far no major fires around here.

I guess we've done a good job raking our forest floors.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Smokey as shit. 251 AQI. Have been outside for like an hour in last three days. We are driving somewhere, anywhere, that’s better in a few minutes. Brutal.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

not good.

had ash on my boards when I got to the beach yesterday after a 10 minute drive to OB.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Stay safe.

https://maps.nwcg.gov/sa/#/%3F/%3F/37.2134/-121.6576/9

The one in Big Basin is getting close to my home town.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

A week straight of 150+ AQI so basically been inside cranking the HEPA. It’s Armageddon.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Sand doesn’t burn you fuckin’ retard.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Hasn't been to bad this year, unlike most of the last several. But there's plenty of time left.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Dinsdale wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:09 pm Hasn't been to bad this year, unlike most of the last several. But there's plenty of time left.
It's only the 1st quarter. Just hope the winds don't change in Humboldt, the Siskiyou's and Lassen.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:51 pm
Kierland wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:54 pm He is still blaming his vote for Donny Golden Shower on Her.

Were the hookers adults? Were they forced to do it? Was money embezzled to do it? If the answers are "Yes, No, No", then I don't give a fuck, and neither should anyone else -- especially you.
It didn't happen, dumbass.
Last edited by mvscal on Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Says the guy who screamed bathhousebarry for 10 years.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

mvscal wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:14 pm
Innocent Bystander wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:51 pm

It didn't happen, dumbass.
Doesn't matter if it did or didn't, Red. There are Epsteins and Maxwells and Bucks in the world engaging in far worse degeneracy than getting pissed on by adult women in a foreign country.

If it's about the women's nationality, about who owns the women's bodies, then that is what needs to be addressed. Are Russian hookers proof of being compromised by a foreign country? or just a fetish for a particular body type?