Heap signs a six year deal

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Heap signs a six year deal

Post by Guest »

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (June 14, 2005) -- Baltimore Ravens tight end Todd Heap has agreed to a six-year contract extension.

Heap is a two-time Pro Bowl selection who was limited to 27 catches for 303 yards and three touchdowns during an injury-plagued 2004 season. He missed 10 games with an ankle injury that required surgery.

Heap is entering his fifth NFL season and was set to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2005 season. Financial terms weren't immediately available.

In 2003, Heap caught 57 passes for 693 yards and three touchdowns to earn his second Pro Bowl selection. He caught a career-high 68 passes for 836 yards and six touchdowns in 2002.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2005, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

It's rumored that Heap is now the highest paid TE in football.

Good signing for the Ravens IMO. Lock him up before he hits the open market and the bidding gets out of control. Heap makes Kyle Boller almost look like a professional quarterback at times.

You could argue that while Heap is one hell of a player, he isn't the best at his position but I'm betting that he won't be highest paid for long.

You Chief fans best hope that Tony G isnt being represented by Drew Rosenhaus.

:twisted:
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

You want somadis?

--Joey Porter
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

6 more years for Joey Porter to slap him around. :wink:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Red
Elwood

Re: Heap signs a six year deal

Post by Red »

icantstopfarting wrote:It's rumored that Heap is now the highest paid TE in football.

Good signing for the Ravens IMO. Lock him up before he hits the open market and the bidding gets out of control. Heap makes Kyle Boller almost look like a professional quarterback at times.

You could argue that while Heap is one hell of a player, he isn't the best at his position but I'm betting that he won't be highest paid for long.
I could? Thanks.

While I'm at it, I could also argue that Heap isn't the 2nd best TE... or the 3rd best... or the 4th best... or the 5th best... and that maybe, just maybe he's somewhere around 6th best or so.

And I could also argue that there's no fucking way that making the 6th best TE the highest-paid at his position is a "good signing."