Cut the Chord a few weeks ago

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Cut the Chord a few weeks ago

Post by Go Coogs' »

I bought a couple of jailbroke Firesticks off ebay, installed a digital antenna, and replaced my cable DVR with a TIVO ROAMIO.

I've had some issues with the antennas as the Firestick seems to jam the signal at times and I had to do a couple of hard resets with the TIVO, but I think I've got all the kinks worked out.

Overall, it's ok. The KODI app on the Firestick is slow at times and getting a show to load is unsuccessful. I have to clear the cache on Kodi and restart the Firestick for a certain show to start playing.

Other than that, it's pretty bad ass to not have a cable bill. I went from $250/month internet+tv package to posting $59 month for internet+TIVO subscription.

Patience is needed with this setup sometimes, but it's worth it in my mind with the annual cost savings at $2300.

I'm still toying wrong the setup, but so far it's been worth it.

Best streaming add-ons for Kodi:
Genesis
Sports Devil
Phoenix
S.A.L.T.S.
One Channel

The apps will usually have episodes up streaming a day after the episode airs. My wife is caught up on DWTS as am I with Quantico. I also have yet to miss a Houston football game (college) because sports devil has three to four alternatives for streaming games.

The quality of the football games leave something to be desired, but I can manage. The quality of the HD antenna and watching network TV is bad ass. 1080p watching the Texans with an antenna.

F#ck cable
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Cut the Chord a few weeks ago

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I agree. I got rid of cable last January and it was the best decision I ever made. My big advantage is my dad, who still has cable, lets me use his login to access the content like FX, ESPN, Big 11 Network, that they want you to pay for cable to access. I bought a Roku 3, which works pretty well. I bought the MLB.TV package last summer and I subscribe to HockeyStreams, which is a pirate version of NHL Game Center that doesn't do regional blackouts. I also bought a TV antenna, though my reception isn't 100 pct, it's still pretty good.

If I feel like watching something on Netflix or HBO, I use my girlfriend's logins. Now I'm paying $30 per month for internet, down $85 from what I was paying for cable. That's $1020 over 12 months.

Cable sux.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Go Coogs' wrote: Sports Devil
This.
8)
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Screw_Michigan wrote:...I use my girlfriend's logins.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

BTW...this is Gobbles McTubesteak
Why don’t you just STFU.