Intel Celeron processor vs AMD processor

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Intel Celeron processor vs AMD processor

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I'm debating getting a new computer. The two computers are basically the same, except one has a Intel® Celeron® processor N2840 and a 500 GB hard drive while the other has a AMD Quad-Core A6-6310 Accelerated Processor and a 750 GB hard drive. The first one is $250 and the second is $320.

Is the second computer worth the extra $70? I'm leaning toward no. Any thoughts from non Apple fanbois would be appreciated.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Intel Celeron processor vs AMD processor

Post by Dinsdale »

While AMD has improved leaps and bounds over the years, I'm a pretty diehard Intel guy. Assuming the RAM is the same, and 500 gigs is enough for you (which it is for about everyone who doesn't store a bunch of movies), I'd default to the Intel.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote:While AMD has improved leaps and bounds over the years, I'm a pretty diehard Intel guy. Assuming the RAM is the same, and 500 gigs is enough for you (which it is for about everyone who doesn't store a bunch of movies), I'd default to the Intel.
Thanks, broski.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Are those your only two choices?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.