Push email on Android

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Push email on Android

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Does anyone know if it is possible to set up push email with Android where the phone only alerts you if you receive email from certain email addresses? Thanks.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: Push email on Android

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Can you log in to your account on the mail server to add a filter like "Forward To:"?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I don't know. Basically I think work wants me to get with the unwritten Washington expectation of everyone tethering themselves to their work email at all time (although work won't explicitly tell me to get work emails on my phone, I think its because people will tell them to pay for it if they explicitly tell you to get work email on your phone) and basically I only want to get alerts if certain people (i.e. my boss) send me an email.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Why do you need an email? Can't he just yell across the store, "Clean up in booth 6".
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Screw_Michigan wrote:I don't know. Basically I think work wants me to get with the unwritten Washington expectation of everyone tethering themselves to their work email at all time (although work won't explicitly tell me to get work emails on my phone, I think its because people will tell them to pay for it if they explicitly tell you to get work email on your phone) and basically I only want to get alerts if certain people (i.e. my boss) send me an email.

Most people who need regular access to work emails have company email accounts they use specifically for that.

Your company sounds like a cheap-ass operation. Drop an upper decker in the executive washroom, piss in the printer's toner cartridge and tell your boss "who gives a fat fukken rat cock".
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Goober McTuber wrote:Why do you need an email? Can't he just yell across the store, "Clean up in booth 6".
What compels you to be such a lard-brained moron every single waking moment of your life?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Martyred wrote: Most people who need regular access to work emails have company email accounts they use specifically for that.

Your company sounds like a cheap-ass operation. Drop an upper decker in the executive washroom, piss in the printer's toner cartridge and tell your boss "who gives a fat fukken rat cock".
What can I say? I've been jizzmopping long enough to not be surprised with the ways of the industry.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Martyred wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Why do you need an email? Can't he just yell across the store, "Clean up in booth 6".
What compels you to be such a lard-brained moron every single waking moment of your life?
You really don't get it. Why? Because you're a fucking Canuck.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Forward the mail to a gmail account, where you can set up a filter and put a label on it. Then you can place an shortcut icon for that label on your phone home screen, and just check it whenever you want to.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

coming in real late to this but

set up rules on exchange to copy emails that come from the boss and select individuals to a 2nd gmail account that you only use for work and that you link to your phone. Android phones can now connect to multiple gmail accounts so you can see both, without having to use your own gmail account. Also, just make sure you aren't breaking some corporate policy by forwarding out internal communications to an external address. Be aware that this is traceable and can get you fired if the company has rules against it or if you were warned not to do it.

Or

Set up an exchange connection on your phone, but don't have it make any noise or anything when new email comes in and only leave email on there for 1 day. In other words, in general a phone/tablet (android/icrap/ms) will store an email for up to 3 days, just reduce that to 1 day. That way, you can occasionally check your email after hours/weekend to make sure you aren't missing anything critical. If someone complains you didn't jump on an email after hours, just tell them to fuck off and that you didn't hear the "ding" and that email isn't meant for critical stuff so if they wanted you to look at it, they should of called. and oh by the way, you misplaced your phone, all weekend long, so there. Or do what I did, tell them you are drunk and while you are happy to jump right on and fix their problem, its against corporate policy to do work while under the influence and oh yeah, btw, they can't tell you not to drink after hours when they don't pay you so, once again, get fucked!

Also, be aware that some companies are leveraging Exchange 2010's ability to secure/lock/wipe your phone or purchase something like Mobile Iron, which can get a lot of info stored on your phone/tablet and show it to the mobile iron admin, such as your location and what apps you have installed. At my last job, I told them that since this isn't their phone, they can go shove it and I would not be installing Mobile Iron on my personal device. I did connect my phone with my current company so I could catch emails, but I only did my phone and did not add it to any of my other 3 or 4 mobile devices. The current job is fairly generous with their mobile plan reimbursement policy though, so its a bit easier look past some of the rules they set on Exchange.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Thank you for the tips, ElTaco.