Wisconsin hockey profitability down nearly 97 pct

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Wisconsin hockey profitability down nearly 97 pct

Post by Screw_Michigan »

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/coll ... user-share

WOW! That's quite the statistic. No wonder the Big 14 coaches want the age limit lowered, they can't cut it anymore in the modern college hockey world. In addition to the poor teams, the breakup of the WCHA/CCHA has really hurt these schools. Wisky fans don't want to pay top dollar to see a crappy team if they're not going to see North Dakota, Denver and Minnesota Duluth anymore.
The men’s hockey program once netted $1 million or more in profits annually. That’s not a large sum but it gave the department a third profitable sport. After making $1,404,062 in 2010-11, however, the program netted only $38,504 last year. The biggest difference was a drop of $905,712 in ticket revenue.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Wisconsin hockey profitability down nearly 97 pct

Post by Goober McTuber »

Thank you, Mike Eaves.

BTW, you have quite the obsession with Wisconsin hockey. :lol:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Barry Alvarez was the driving force between Big 14 hockey. I read that Lucia and MN was against it, but BA twisted his arm.

The guy who blew up the CCHA and WCHA is also responsible for allowing a legendary hockey program to disintegrate into ruin. Nice job, Wisky.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

If you're looking for me to defend Alvarez, grab yourself a Snickers or three.

Pretty sure Jim Delany had a big part in creating B1G hockey. Fuck Jim Delany. Again.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Eaves is gonzo.

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

That program needs an enema...I guess this is a start.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I wonder how much longer they'll be playing in the Kohl Center? The place is cavernous when you only put 1500 butts in the seats.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

They can play in the Labahn Center (cute little 2,200-seat rink they built next door for the women's team).

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It sounds like Tony Granato is going to be the new head coach.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

With brother Donnie and Mark Osieki as assistants.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

So...do you like the hire, dickbag?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

What do you think, cuntface?

Of course I like it.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:What do you think, cuntface?

Of course I like it.
Why?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Because it's not Mike Eaves.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:Because it's not Mike Eaves.
That's a good start. Enjoy competing for the basement in your little JV league for the next five seasons.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Because it's not Mike Eaves.
That's a good start. Enjoy competing for the basement in your little JV league for the next five seasons.
At least we're not AP Western Michigan.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Last place says what?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Wisconsin has a rich history in college hockey. As well as a half a dozen national titles. A series of unfortunate events have temporarily sidetracked the program, but the Badgers will be great again. And I think even a certified retard like you knows that.

Western Michigan has always been a dingleberry on the hinder-hole of college hockey. A classic never-was program.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Wisky is the Chrysler of college hockey.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Wisky is the Chrysler of college hockey.
Then Kalamazoo Tech is the Edsel.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Hey Screwball, don't look now, but Wisky is on their way back into the national rankings. Props on the 5 points gifted to Kalamazoo Tech by the pollsters. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You gotta be fucking kidding. You aren't even ranked!

Check back in at the holiday break, tard.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:You gotta be fucking kidding. You aren't even ranked!

Check back in at the holiday break, tard.
We will be by the holidays, you fucking moron. At which time you will no longer be receiving votes. :mrgreen:

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You're right. By virtue of hitting rock bottom last season, Wisky has nowhere to go but up. I'll give you that.

How low Wisky has fallen: you want accolades for being ranked at midseason. You're pathetic.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Gloating about cracking the honorable mention is a toolio-esque move.

Btw what happened to Ferris State's program? Weren't they in the finals just a couple years ago?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Never mind, it was in 2012. Seemed more recent than that for some reason.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

They also won the new WCHA tournament and won a NCAA playoff game last year. Bob Daniels is an excellent coach, but obviously recruiting top talent to Big Rapids is difficult and even more difficult now that they're in what is perceived to be a third tier league. Even Red Berenson has his off years and Bob seems to be having one now (I think they're still winless). But that's rare for Bob, he definitely has more "up" years than "down" years. I like Bob, I hope Ferris gets back off the snide.

One observation that I made with Ferris (and this also applies to many other teams): the NCAA is really cracking down on obstruction penalties this year, I mean really cracking down. Ferris takes a lot of penalties and they are simply not good enough to spend half the game in the box. If Ferris is spending half the game in the box, they aren't going to win very many games. I believe BG is in the same position, as is many other teams, they haven't adjusted to the new restrictions and they're taking a lot of penalties and teams are making them pay.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Fun fact: Since 2010-11, Ferris has five NCAA tournament games while Wisky has won zero in two appearances.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Gloating about cracking the honorable mention is a toolio-esque move.
Getting votes is a huge step up for the program. I didn't claim they are national champions.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Getting votes is a huge step up for the program.
:lol:
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Keep bumping these old threads. You'll just look more stupid than usual. Getting votes was a step up last year. For Kalamazoo Tech it will soon be a distant memory.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:Keep bumping these old threads. You'll just look more stupid than usual. Getting votes was a step up last year. For Kalamazoo Tech it will soon be a distant memory.
Wisky is the most underachieving team in D-1. For all the money behind your program you should be as good as No Dak. Instead you jerk yourself off.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Keep bumping these old threads. You'll just look more stupid than usual. Getting votes was a step up last year. For Kalamazoo Tech it will soon be a distant memory.
Wisky is the most underachieving team in D-1. For all the money behind your program you should be as good as No Dak. Instead you jerk yourself off.
Silly me. I thought you actually knew something about hockey. All the money behind our program? You mean the money the program generates? You do understand that Wisky has THREE sports programs that generate revenue to support the rest? Suck a dick, moron.