Why has Milwaukee never had a NHL franchise?

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Why has Milwaukee never had a NHL franchise?

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mgo asked a good question the other day. What do you think Gobbles?

I said it was because there simply wasn't the market for a NHL franchise.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Why has Milwaukee never had a NHL franchise?

Post by Goober McTuber »

Milwaukee is too cold for an NHL franchise. NHL prefers to place teams in Arizona, Florida, Carolina and California.

I'm not convinced Milwaukee could support an NHL franchise, and with the new Bucks ownership, it's that much more unlikely. The Bradley Center was built to host both basketball and hockey, it's coming replacement will likely not be suitable for hockey.

The Wirtz family will never allow another NHL team to be placed 90 miles away. Besides, if we want to watch top level hockey, we always have the Badgers.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Goober McTuber wrote:Milwaukee is too cold for an NHL franchise. NHL prefers to place teams in Arizona, Florida, Carolina and California.

I'm not convinced Milwaukee could support an NHL franchise, and with the new Bucks ownership, it's that much more unlikely. The Bradley Center was built to host both basketball and hockey, it's coming replacement will likely not be suitable for hockey.

The Wirtz family will never allow another NHL team to be placed 90 miles away. Besides, if we want to watch top level hockey, we always have the Badgers.
I can understand the Wirtz and the city of Milwaukee not supporting the team logic on this one. The Leafs blocked Hamilton from getting a franchise.

The "too cold" stance wouldn't be a reason at all, especially since they went back to Winnipeg.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MuchoBulls wrote: The "too cold" stance wouldn't be a reason at all, especially since they went back to Winnipeg.
He's being sarcastic.

Also, remember MLSE has been blocking another team in Toronto for decades. We have two in Florida, but only one in Toronto, hockey capital of North America.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
molly
Elwood

Post by molly »

The West expansion will be interesting as will be the inevitable relocation of the Coyotes to Seattle.

On a whole, how is Winnipeg doing? Supporting their team?
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Goober McTuber wrote:The Bradley Center was built to host both basketball and hockey, it's coming replacement will likely not be suitable for hockey.

If you mean that the Bradley Center has ice then yes it was built to host hockey. It doesn't meet NHL standards for an arena though so it is a no go for NHL hockey in its current form.

And while the Admirals aren't NHL they have been putting a good product on the ice for all the years I have been involved in the AHL and yet they are outdrawn by Austin and (previously) Houston. That said if an NHL team were there support would grow exponentially overnight.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Left Seater wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:The Bradley Center was built to host both basketball and hockey, it's coming replacement will likely not be suitable for hockey.

If you mean that the Bradley Center has ice then yes it was built to host hockey. It doesn't meet NHL standards for an arena though so it is a no go for NHL hockey in its current form.
I'm pretty sure that when it was built 27 years ago it met NHL standards. That is the reason the Pettits donated the money to build it.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Yeah could be. I just know that today it would need huge renovations and isn't close to ready.

Great AHL road trip location though. Made better by the fact that the Brewers ownership also owns the Admirals and when we are there they often give the hockey ops staff seats about two rows back on the third base side. Puts us right near the visitors dugout and on deck circle. We then heckle the call ups about their minor league cities.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Enjoy it while you can. The new Bucks arena is supposed to be completed by September 2017. At that point, the Bradley Center may get torn down and then the Admirals will be leaving town.

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Goober McTuber wrote:Enjoy it while you can. The new Bucks arena is supposed to be completed by September 2017. At that point, the Bradley Center may get torn down and then the Admirals will be leaving town.
Unlikely they leave since the Brewers own them.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Left Seater wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Enjoy it while you can. The new Bucks arena is supposed to be completed by September 2017. At that point, the Bradley Center may get torn down and then the Admirals will be leaving town.
Unlikely they leave since the Brewers own them.
Unlikely they stay with no place to play.