All Star Game

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: All Star Game

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The thing about the ASG is it reminds you that certain players are still in baseball that you thought flunked out years ago. Like K Rod. I thought he melted down with the Mets and left the sport. Now he's a fucking All Star. And he still has that super obnoxious delivery.

Also, didn't realize Zach Greinke was so good.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Gotta rack Mike Trout for his second consecutive All-Star MVP, and his ASG cycle - first AB 1B, 2B, 3B and HR, in that order, in his first four games.

Not bad for 23 years old.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I've watched every All Star game since 1970 and enjoyed this one as much as any.

The game itself that is, not the over hyped Fox production and lame interviews.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

War Wagon wrote:I've watched every All Star game since 1970 and enjoyed this one as much as any.

The game itself that is, not the over hyped Fox production and lame interviews.

Agreed. This on-field interviews that they've been doing for a few years suck donkey cock. Let the players play, show the game, and do the interviews afterwards.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:And get rid of Berman.

Jesus Christ! I thought he was retiring! When is that to take place?
Dude, mute button. Ever heard of it?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

That assclown wore my mute button out way backbackbackbackback in the day.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:
4 Greatest Living Legends: Mays, Koufax, Aaron and Bench.

Maybe the 4 greatest "legends," but far from the best living "players," not by a longshot.

Aaron is a no-brainer for the list. The sustained level of excellence, breaking so many records along the way... IN.

Koufax? He was the best pitcher in the game for 5-6 years. So? If one looks at numbers, he has no business on this list. He wasn't as good as Randy Johnson. While a person could knock Nolan Ryan's W/L record, he mostly played on crappy teams, but accomplished more than just about any pitcher. Pedro Martinez had that same 6 year stretch, and did a lot more outside of that stretch. Mad Dog was better.

Bench? Are you serious? Sure, Bench was the best defensive catcher in the game, maybe the best ever. But the "4 Greatest" wasn't limited to catchers. Bench's career .267 is laughable compared to other living players (he got in on the hometown favorite, obviously). I could crash this website listing players more deserving. I know that there was no way that any current players were making the list, but Poohole's numbers make Bench look like a AAA player. If you turn a blind eye to the roid thing, Barry Bonds and ARod are wayyyyyyyy better players. Mike Schmidt was a better player. Wade Boggs, Donny Baseball, Dave Winfield, I could go on for a while here.

And what really makes this list a complete joke is the absence of the guy who is the greatest offensive player in history, arguably, based on statistics, who is still alive and quite well... and if you have to ask who it is, you probably don't follow baseball, so wouldn't be reading this anyway. Along with Aaron, a complete no-brainer (and it appears that the guys voting truly have no brains, and went with "the oldest, most glamorous names that are still alive).

The absence of The Rickey makes this list laughable. Outside of HRs and RBIs, he pretty much holds every record there is. If nothing else, last I checked, the team that scores the most runs is awarded the win in every game played. And he scored the most runs... but someone somehow argued against his inclusion? Nice job, asshats.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote:Maybe the 4 greatest "legends," but far from the best living "players," not by a longshot.
Agreed.

It would appear that the definition of "living legends" means that they played before most of the current audience were alive to watch them.

If you turn a blind eye to the roid thing...
Not gonna' happen.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Rickey is considered the best lead off hitter ever, and people still don't recognize how great he was.

He made more pitchers piss themselves than anyone with 500 HRs
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Say what you want about Barry Bonds, but he is arguably the greatest hitter of all time. He juiced during the juiced era, but his numbers were so much better than everyone else's during that time.

His OBP is .444 lifetime. That is obsurd.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Much better for quotes than Bench too.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

In Bench's defense, I would offer his...defense. 10 Gold Gloves. But only 2 MVPs to Yogi's 3.

Willie Mays was the greatest ballplayer ever.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim