Things have really, really, really, really changed.

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Re: Things have really, really, really, really changed.

Post by R-Jack »

San Diego's locker room is going to fucking implode before august.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

R-Jack wrote:San Diego's locker room is going to fucking implode before august.
Possibly, have never been a big fan trying to buy up a bunch of talent and hope they can all check their ego's at the door. But being a lifetime Padre fan, going into this season has probably been about the highest in anticipation and that this is actually at team that legitimately has a shot. At least they will be a lot funner to watch.

I forgot where I read it last night, but some writer made perfect sense that this was basically two trades. Quentin and Maybin for Upton, you take our shit contracts and we will take yours. I don't think the Padres had the stomach to pay someone who was not going to be on the roster, CQ, as the Braves are. Upton is going to take on Maybin's role as a a late inning defensive replacement ( I haven't followed him of late, don't tell me he is as lame in the field as he is at the plate :shock: ).

The second part was Kimbrel for Wisler (sp?) and Per..something or other and a draft pick. Probably a pretty fair trade if Wisler and the outfield project pan out. Wisler has looked good in brief appearances, should pan out to be number 3 possibly 2 guy in the rotation.

Other than that at least my Padres crossing home plate should not be such a rare occurrence as it has been the last few years.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Well there we go, all is good.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Papa Willie wrote: Image
Like I said, should be a lot funner to watch...

that is pretty funny. Hopefully he stays on the DL for awhile. Maybin is not too bright either, one failed test away from 100 game suspension, if he can keep himself off the DL.

Anyways, it was crap contract for crap contract, it appears the Braves didn't even keep Quenton around for 24 hours. I think you guys will like Wisler, not sure about the prospect Paroubeck, I don't really follow their minor league system. It will be nice to have a stud closer again. Street always made me nervous when he came in the last few years.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Because unless you have a HoF'er in the bullpen, the last thing you want is a closer with a contract.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Hadn't really watched Kimbrel a great deal, fortunately i'm not subjected to too many Braves games out here. I knew he is a stud and top closer the last few years, etc. etc., but didn't pay a whole lot of attention since whenever he came in against the Padres I knew it was game over and didn't really pay attention.

Watched him close last night when he came in to close out the Dodgers in a non-save situation last night. Holy Shit, dude is fucking sick. I think I can put up with BJ riding the pine (it's not my money) if it means seeing Kimbrel closing out games on a regular basis.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

... and Adrian Gonzalez single handedly destroyed the Padres in the opening three game set.

in 3 games, 10-13 at the plate with 5 fucking HR, 2 doubles, 3 singles, and 7 rbi . Not sure what Cashner was thinking last night but hopefully he learned that he can't groove fastballs down the middle of the plate to this guy.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Papa Willie wrote: Kimbrel is a bad mofo. No doubt about it.
He's got nothing on Greg Holland, but he's been a "keeper" on my fantasy team the last few years.

They are both money and a virtual coin flip in deciding which one to choose.

So I kept both. But I think Holland will save 50 games this year.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Fun interchange to watch in tonights game. Top o' the 9th, 0-0. Angel Pagan leading off, Kimbrel on the hill. Pagan asked for TO and was granted as Kimbrel was about to start his wind-up. New catcher, Derrick Norris got out of his crouch and was WTF to both Pagan and the umpire. So much for the new speed up rules. Pagan got in Norris' face, umpire got between them, Norris was pissed at both of them. It was a quick/short exchange, things got settled down, back to business. First pitch, Kimbrel came in high and inside with some 98 cheese... Pagan wound up working the count and stroked a triple where he was stranded. Giants wound up winning a few innings later. Never the less, I have to say I love the attitude we haven't seen around here for awhile.