Royals 2015

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Re: Royals 2015

Post by R-Jack »

If anyone wondered why they let Billy Butler sign elsewhere.....
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Sucks losing Rios. Hopefully Dyson and Orlando can hold their own. Volquez can carry his own, so I fully expect to see someone drilled tomorrow night.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

kcdave wrote:Sucks losing Rios. Hopefully Dyson and Orlando can hold their own. Volquez can carry his own, so I fully expect to see someone drilled tomorrow night.
Or not.

'sup fellow Royals fans? 8)
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I was gonna start an AL Central shit talking thread, but I guess this'll do. Once again, Whitey pussed out on my wager proposal, but that's okay. Bragging rights are sufficient enough for me. Should be a great race.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Remind me what the wager was... and don't call me Whitey.

Wait, I remember... you wanted to post your pic or me mine in the other teams gear. I'm not an exhibitionist, sorry, and there's no way in hell I'll ever wear Detroit gear, not for a minute.

I offered you a real $50 wager, btw. You declined.

So who "pussed out"?

Put your money where your cell phone camera is or fuck off.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Oh Whitey, Whitey, Whitey. You're just so darn sewious!
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

War Wagon wrote:Remind me what the wager was... and don't call me Whitey.

Wait, I remember... you wanted to post your pic or me mine in the other teams gear. I'm not an exhibitionist, sorry, and there's no way in hell I'll ever wear Detroit gear, not for a minute.

I offered you a real $50 wager, btw. You declined.

So who "pussed out"?

Put your money where your cell phone camera is or fuck off.
IKYPOBWAI
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Paul wrote:Or not.
Sure thought this team would have shown a bigger set of balls. Same goes for last night. I have no real problem with Brett Lawrie's spikes high slide.
That's how the game should be played, and Escie was all over the bag. Shit happens. But I would have not had a problem with Moose or Omar lobbing
Lawrie upside his mellon either. Just as the other night, we should fully expect to see Lawrie wear one tonight, but Yo isn't the guy I want to see doing
it. The injury bug is already taking a toll, and no one can they afford to lose him.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

retaliation never works out well, but I suppose it was good timing in this instance.
Royal Wolverine
Crack Whore

Post by Royal Wolverine »

How about them Royals!
I would say that you cannot count them out in any game, and you also dont want to piss this team off! with the exception of Saturdays game, (which I went to) This team has dominated their competition. Look at the run dif. And we're doing it with the "Next Man up" philosophy. Volquez has out pitched Shields so far this season for all those, "How are we going to replace Shields talkers" Let this team be who they are: Bad Ass, Bad Boys, that Play hard and Push for the extra base, Hit their pitch and play the Best defense in the league.
WINNING is not everything, It is the ONLY thing.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Royal Wolverine wrote: Volquez has out pitched Shields so far this season
That may be so, but I have seen enough of Volquez in a Padre uni to know that he is just one brain fart away from a major meltdown in any given outing. I'm happy with what I've seen from Shields so far this early in the season on the field and in the clubhouse.

Props to the Royals strong start, and i'll a raise a cold one to hoping our two teams meet up this season.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Royal Wolverine wrote:Let this team be who they are
You speak too soon, bro.

It's a long season but tonight they look like chumps, swinging at bad pitches, stranding 8 base runners thru 5 while being shut the fuck out by some guy named Pelfry.

Tough game to watch while you are basically beating yourself.

Fuck this noise, I'm going to bed.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Well, they finally got the dust up that has been brewing all season. Ace, Cain and Volquez will all be getting some time off.
Hopefully Ace will use his time to gather himself and learn to control his emotions and his mouth.

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Pussies With Attitudes?

Figures the dork who made that couldn't figure out how to 'shop out the Angels shirt
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

First chapter of Tigers-Royals starting up tonight...should be good.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

good enough that I can go to bed in the 7th, a total beatdown.

but it's just one game.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Simon's first bad start of the year...nice win for the Royales.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Oh what a difference a year makes. This same time last year Detroit came into town here and rolled up the Royals 8-2, 9-2, and 9-4
and KC looked totally over-matched all the while. Not so this year. EVERYTHING seems to be working these boys right now. Even with
all the injuries and suspensions they keep finding ways to win.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Satisfied with a split...Price and Sanchez were very good. We meet up again next weekend at Comerica.

How in the blue hell are the Astros 18-7?
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Shoalzie wrote:How in the blue hell are the Astros 18-7?
Timely hitting, bullpen, forcing their opponents to make mistakes by being very aggressive on the basepaths, home runs, not hitting into DPs, and a top notch defensive outfield.

During this run they've played very clean baseball with the exception of the 7th inning today. Other than that, the fundamentals have been off the charts.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Shoalzie wrote:Satisfied with a split...Price and Sanchez were very good. We meet up again next weekend at Comerica.
Salvaging a split was huge, with the way those first two games went. Detroit looked outclassed early on. Some people say it's May baseball, it doesn't matter. Yeah, well, the division could be decided by one game in the end, just like last year, so every game against the main contender in your division is big.

I'll take a .5 game lead at this point, especially since JV hasn't even pitched yet.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC went 6-13 against Detroit last year whilst losing the AL Central by one game.

I wanted to be greedy after winning the first 2 games of the series, but damn straight I'll take a split. The Tigers have been the bully kicking sand in Royal faces for far too long. That needs to change if KC wants to sniff a title other than a wildcard game.

The good thing about this match-up is that both teams seem to genuinely respect each other and play the games like baseball is supposed to be played. Hard nosed and competitive, but very little of the punk ass shit we've seen against some other teams thus far.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

According to the ESPN power rankings, the 2 best teams in MLB reside in Missouri.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

War Wagon wrote:According to the ESPN power rankings, the 2 best teams in MLB reside in Missouri.
You got that right.

For now, St. Louis is rolling despite a once again depleted pitching staff. Carpenter and Holliday are tearing it up though and I would not be surprised to see another Series between the Royals and Cardinals. Love to make some bets if things play out that way, but it's still a long season.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:Carpenter and Holliday are tearing it up
as is some dude named Wong. Drafted him for my FB team then dropped him 2 weeks in, just picked the feisty little fucker back up and can't believe nobody else had nabbed him by now.
I would not be surprised to see another Series between the Royals and Cardinals. Love to make some bets if things play out that way, but it's still a long season.
Long season indeed, the marathon has just begun but I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

As for a WS rematch, why not? 30 years is a nice round number and I'd love to show those arrogant fucks on the eastern side of the state that '85 wasn't a fluke.

Rub their noses in it, again
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

I caught parts of two different local radio shows yesterday, and they both were saying that the Royals-Yanks series don't mean much anymore,
and that Royals fans in general don't have the hate for the Yanks, that they used to. BULLSHIT! 12-1 Do it again tonight.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

kcdave wrote:12-1 Do it again tonight.
With Danny "Gas Can" Duffy on the mound, I'll take 12-11.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Sitting here watching Royals v Cards tonight, very much hoping KC gives Jay and whatever other bird fans that may lurk
here a reason to kick the dog or trash can around the house this weekend.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Morales is a flat out stud,

It's almost unfair that Alex 'web gem' Gordon has to hit behind him.

Whatever, keep the W's rolling.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Even though KC is only up 2 games in the Central, I have no qualms admitting they are the best team in the division right now...and perhaps all of MLB. They just have fewer weaknesses than do the Tigers. And nobody comes close to them right now in run differential. But Verlander is still out and Victor Martinez just went on the DL (but should be back soon), two pivotal pieces for this team. If/when those guys come back healthy we'll see what happens. Just gotta hold steady in the meantime and not get down 5 or 6 games.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

The last few years, May has kicked their ass, but not this year.

I told myself that if they could just get out of May within shouting distance, they'd have a decent shot of dethroning the 5 time reigning AL Central champs.

Needless to say, they're ahead of schedule, with the best record they've ever had after 40 games, surpassing that of the '77 team that won 102 games. That was the best Royals team ever, imo. Fucking Yankees, yes I still hate them.

Long ways to go and the starting staff is suspect, but I like their chances.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Anyone making the roadie to Chicago this weekend? We are heading up Friday for the weekend, and going to Saturdays game.
Chicago troll stop anyone?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Tigers suck. Have fun battling the Twinkies for the Central.

Ugh.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Waaay too soon to write any team off in the ALC, any one of which could get hot and make a serious run. Especially Detroit, 5 time champs aren't out of it until they are mathematically eliminated.

Imo, the toughest division in MLB.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Good to see the boys in blue put the twinkies in their place.

We had a great time at Wrigley a couple of weeks ago. The weather turned shitty the last couple of days,
but it didn't stop Royals fans from taking over one of sports most famous venues.

kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Cueto was all the buzz on twitter and pregame radio this morning on the way to the stadium. Midway through the game they flashed the image up
on the jumbotron and the announcer informs the crowd that the deal is finally done. The crowd gave a good cheer, but not quite the "eruption"
as I have read from a few. Series or bust now. They managed to hold on to El Cannon Jr. but still had to give up a lot.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Good move, I've been saying for weeks they needed to nab Cueto by any means.

Series or bust? It's still July, hello?

Let's just win the fucking division first and then see what happens.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

KC Scott wrote:Royals get Cueto for 3 minor league leftahanders http://sports.yahoo.com/news/royals-for ... 37307.html

They are 7.5 up in division so the playoffs is a forgone conclusion - this move is about getting back to the WS

If Ventura and Duffy can get their acts together the starting staff looks pretty damn good with Cueto and Volquez leading the pack
I LOVE seeing the Royals going all in on World Championship or bust...haven't seen that from them since I was a teenager.

Let's enjoy the ride.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

That Toronto series was tough. I still have no idea why their record isn't about 20 games better than what it is. I don't want any part
of seeing the Royals play them again. Hopefully Toroto tanks and don't even make the playoffs. With that out of the way,
while Donaldson can swing a helluva bat, you won't find a bigger cunt in the game. I hate that little bitch.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

kcdave wrote:That Toronto series was tough. I still have no idea why their record isn't about 20 games better than what it is. I don't want any part
of seeing the Royals play them again. Hopefully Toroto tanks and don't even make the playoffs. With that out of the way,
while Donaldson can swing a helluva bat, you won't find a bigger cunt in the game. I hate that little bitch.
For the first time in 15 years, I totally agree.

Nice take, fag.