St. Louis over Washington in 6

World Series
St. Louis over Detroit in 7
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Re: Playoffs and Series Picks

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

ALDS:

Baltimore over Detroit in 5. Tigers choke on their own nuts every year and this will be no different.
Anaheim over Kansas City in 4. Party is over for the Royals. Angels will run them out early.

NLDS:

San Fran over Washington in 4. Nationals are a big fat fraud every year. Giants play small ball and Bochy knows how to win in the postseason.
Los Angeles over St Louis in 4. Dodgers finally win a playoff series. Cards just don't have enough of anything this year.

ALCS:

Anaheim over Baltimore in 5- Angels will be on a roll and whore the Orioles
Los Angeles over San Francisco in 6- Dodgers get it done. I had them in the WS back in April and I'm sticking to it.

WS:
Anaheim beats the LA Dodgers in 7.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Sudden Sam wrote:viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44245

Shit! I did pretty damn well in the NL.

^ Didn't see the Rangers and Sox bottoming out like they did. I got the NL pretty good but I thought the Dodgers would implode.

I'll say Angels-Tigers and Nationals-Cardinals in the LCS with Tigers over Nationals in the World Series.

I like Ausmus going with Scherzer and Verlander to start the series on the road. Price gives up the long ball the most out of the 4 starters and he's been hit hard against Baltimore in the past couple years. The Orioles aren't a patient team at the plate and they don't steal bases...the Tigers usually can exploit that. Basically don't give up cheap base runners and keep them in the yard. Tigers in 4.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

You say tired...I think it might have been rust.

That 8th inning sucked but the double off of Kinsler before the Cabrera home run sealed the game in my view.

Need a vintage J.V. effort today...keep 'em in the yard.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Over-aggressive base-running + piss poor bullpen management = 0-2 hole
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

This Cards/Dodgers series is looking intense... and it's only the 3rd inning. I don't pay that much attention to the NL, but I'd guess these teams don't like each other much.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

The Kershaw - Koufax comparisons can finally be put to bed.
E PLURIBUS PLURIBUS
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

If Kershaw can give up 8 runs in an inning...I guess I don't feel so bad now? :oops:
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

How the fukk did mattingly stay with Kershaw so long. He was pounded harder than MS at a black panther convention. I realize he is your guy and had been lights out up till then, but, damn.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Props to the Orioles -- the better team won. It's no surprise that Detroit's bullpen issues and bats going silent when it mattered most were the reasons they lost this series. Same shit, different year.

Go Royals.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

And Cruz killing them again...same shit, different year (and uniform).

Leave it to Nathan to look solid in his one inning of work too. Dombo better spend some of the money that won't go towards keeping Scherzer and get a couple of shutdown relievers. And hopefully have enough bread to keep V-Mart also.

Props to the Orioles...better constructed team and they've got the right skipper in charge.

I'll pull for the Royals also...could be a fun ALCS.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Thing is, the last team I wanted to face was Detroit.

I don't know what will happen against B-more, but the Tigers owned us and most likely would have again.

Pretty cool night to be a Royals fan.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Good to see some new blood potentially heading to the World Series...I think this will be a good ALCS. Both teams have that "team of destiny" thing going. I undersold the Orioles heading into that series. Buck is a monster...getting a lot out of a team without Machado and Wieters. Davis will be back at some point in this series from his suspension.

The Tigers flaws were too big to overcome but they'll reload and be back for another run sans Scherzer. I'll be curious to see who pays him this winter. Price has one year left on his deal. They'll have a healthy Sanchez back in the rotation. Iglesias will be back at SS. I hope they keep V-Mart because the lineup will be very pedestrian without him. Hunter is hinting at retirement but you can easily find a younger corner outfielder as a replacement. Maybe not another J.D. Martinez but we'll see.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

War Wagon wrote:Thing is, the last team I wanted to face was Detroit.

I don't know what will happen against B-more, but the Tigers owned us and most likely would have again.

Pretty cool night to be a Royals fan.
Wags, nice job by the Royals. The way this could play out, we might just have a re-match of the '85 series. Hope it works out that way, I am looking for a Royal payback!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

IF they get past B-more, the Royals will kick the living shit out of any sorry ass NL team unfortunate enough to have to face them.

Especially the Tardinals.

They will leave no doubt whom the better team is and tell their arrogant, snobbish fans to stick a fucking sock in their 29 year long hissy fit.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Well then, should said match-up take place, a nice little wager shall be in order.

I know it's been a lonnnnnnnnng time since KC did...anything, so keep the bitterness in your pants Wags. :grin:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Name your poison, Jay.

I don't have anything against the Cards team itself and Matt Carpenter is a mofo.

It's their fans I can't stand, particularly the ones who live in KC.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

War Wagon wrote:Name your poison, Jay.

I don't have anything against the Cards team itself and Matt Carpenter is a mofo.

It's their fans I can't stand, particularly the ones who live in KC.
Gotcha, I can imagine that Cardinal fans can be pretty obnoxious around KC. Same thing is true here for 49er and Cowboy fans in football and Giant and Dodger fans in baseball.

I'll name the poison once our respective teams pass the next hurdle...IF they do.

Good luck Wags.