Eternal Scobode

Re: The official burial of Detroit

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

This

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You mean the lack of her? FFS, he's top tier MLB ball player, not a pool boy.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

That would distract any red blooded heterosexual man, profession notwithstanding.

Did she dump him already? I don't have TMZ in my favorites. If so, that's GREAT news.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote::lol:

Cute.
Cute?

These are 2 teams headed in opposite directions. The Royals are finally starting to play up to their potential while the Tiggers... well I don't know what the fuck has happened to them but it's not good. That was a mauling last night and I expect more of the same the next 3 games though Scherzer might give a brief reprieve.

Be afraid Tigger fan. Be very afraid.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Mauling? It was one game. This isn't college football. The season is a grind.

I get it, you're taking the m2 approach of "get my shots in when I can."

Even if KC wins this series, and takes an ever so slight lead in the Central...it's still fucking June. How many times in the past have the Tigers looked uninspired throughout the regular season only to pull away at the end and win the division? Slow your role, bud, and let's see how things play out. We're not even to the All-Star break.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:That would distract any red blooded heterosexual man, profession notwithstanding.

Did she dump him already? I don't have TMZ in my favorites. If so, that's GREAT news.
She's been photographed with guys other than JV, I know this as I read the Detroit News regularly and they always run Upton stories near the top of the website. I would say they have not been "dating" for quite a while. Again, your definition of dating may vary.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Mauling? It was one game. This isn't college football. The season is a grind.

I get it, you're taking the m2 approach of "get my shots in when I can."

Even if KC wins this series, and takes an ever so slight lead in the Central...it's still fucking June. How many times in the past have the Tigers looked uninspired throughout the regular season only to pull away at the end and win the division? Slow your role, bud, and let's see how things play out. We're not even to the All-Star break.
A month ago, it looked like Detroit might win 112 games and make a mockery of the AL Central "race". Everybody else was playing for a wildcard, if that. But I get what you're saying and I'm not going all m2 about it. I'm just very impressed with the way this team has been playing lately and I think they're capable of maintaining that level of play, sans major injuries.

Hitting will come and go but pitching and defense are constants. This team has that in spades. This is the best starting rotation they've had in more than a generation and that bullpen is probably the best in MLB.

That, and give me a break. This is the first legitimate reason I've had to talk shit about the Kansas City motherfucking Royals since Al Gore invented the internet.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Great, just great.

Since I'm petty and don't let things go, I'm going to have to be that asshole that bumps this thread in August to remind you who was wrong.

Thanks for putting me in that situation, friend. :brad:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

:lol:

Well, that beats a condescending pat on head.

This Royals team has grown the fuck up and it's about damn time. I'm as giddy as a school kid on the first day of summer vacation.

The Ned Yost haters can stick a sock in it while this town goes absolutely ape shit about being in a pennant race again. Most of the people (kids) here in flyover central don't even know what that means, much less how it feels.... and it feels good.

I hear dorks talking about World Cup soccer. Hello? Go unfuck yourself, the Royals have a day game tomorrow.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Impressive three game sweep of Oakland. Not too bad for a team that was "buried" in Mid-June.

Sweet thread.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

4-1/2 games back, trying to keep pace...

Big, BIG 4 game series coming up next at the K before the break.

Tiggers best pack a lunch.

Royals best shed their diapers and see if they really belong in the conversation.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:Even with Verlander getting pounded in the 1st inning, the Tigers looked awesome last night.
Starting pitching has taken a little bit of a step back this year but I think it's a better all-around club. Tigers can move runners and manufacture runs now when they have to. Last year (and years prior) they relied too much on power hitting. That doesn't get it done in the playoffs because the pitching is too good.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Beat. Down.

What was that play by Ibanez in left field? That was some Bad News Bears shit. :lol:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:4-1/2 games back, trying to keep pace...

Big, BIG 4 game series coming up next at the K before the break.

Tiggers best pack a lunch.
Damn, I really wanted that sweep. 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

I'm going to enjoy bumping this thread.

You made your own bed, Wags.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I really wanted that sweep.
You greedy bastard, I'm sure you did. :brad:
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Sudden Sam wrote:How 'bout my Indians taking 3 of 4 in Detroit?!

I love Joe Nathan. Soon as he came in, I felt like Cleveland would take game 3.
If the Tigers are smart, they'll make a play for Papelbon. Personally, I would have been involved in the Street deal, unless the price was too high.
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Sudden Sam wrote:
FLW Buckeye wrote: If the Tigers are smart, they'll make a play for Papelbon. Personally, I would have been involved in the Street deal, unless the price was too high.
Looks like Soria or Benoit are their main targets.
Soria.

With Nathan still closing...Last chance for KC to catch them!
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Jackson and Smyly for David Price. Boom. Tigers finally got their stud lefty. Now they can drop Sanchez or Porcello from the rotation come playoff time to help shore up the bullpen a little bit.

Nice counter punch to Oakland landing Lester. The A's are the only real threat to Detroit in the AL, and let's face it, the Tigers have owned their asses in the post season.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Props to Beane and Dombrowski for making this year's trading deadline one worth paying attention to.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:Really surprised the Rays let Price get away for so little.
They got Detroit's best prospect. What else do you want?
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

The consensus I have read online and over the radio down here is Detroit got the better end of this deal. I don't understand why they didn't just keep him the remainder of this season, for an unlikely postseason push, and just trade him in the offseason.
Go Bucs, Gators
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Really surprised the Rays let Price get away for so little.
They got Detroit's best prospect. What else do you want?
Ty Cobb's shriveled nutsack and a jizz-mopper to be named later.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Since I'm petty and don't let things go, I'm going to have to be that asshole that bumps this thread in August to remind you who was wrong.
Is it August yet?

Tell me you don't hear footsteps and aren't looking over your shoulder.

Tigger fan is gripping right about now and if not, they should be.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

FWIW, I'm rooting for KC to make the playoffs...as a Wildcard.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Wildcard?

We don't need no steenking wildcard!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Tiggers lose a 19 inning marathon at Toronto and have to fly to Seattle next for their trouble. Meanwhile, the Royals sweep the Gnats and are now a 1/2 game back.

4 game series with the A's coming up.

No predictions but this is getting serious.

Needless to say, I am geeked.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Hate to see another solid start wasted with the bullpen barfing on itself. Chamberlain's been the steadiest reliever and now he's been involved in the last two blown games. Nothing better than having to pitch your bullpen for 12 or 13 innings when you don't have another off day until next Monday. The Soria injury will hurt the Tigers more than the Sanchez injury in the short term.

Can't deny how much better the postseason races have been since they added the wild card and now the second wild card. Practically half the teams still have something to play for. Tricky week ahead for the Tigers with 4 games against the Pirates and 3 with Seattle...both teams have plenty to play for. Hopefully the A's can help cool off the Royals a bit. It's early August...too early to panic and too early to print playoff tickets.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:Tiggers lose a 19 inning marathon at Toronto and have to fly to Seattle next for their trouble. Meanwhile, the Royals sweep the Gnats and are now a 1/2 game back.
Yeah, that was brutal.

If KC takes a 3 or 4 game lead then I'll start worrying. But as of now, this is nothing more than riding the highs and lows of the season.

I'd say act like you've been there before, but you probably don't remember the last time you've been there.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

We've seen this movie already...the Tigers gave away a large lead to the Royals two months ago. The Royals had the lead for three or four days before the Tigers turned things around held the lead for a couple months. Still 46 games left in the season. I'll wait for those 6 head-to-head games in September where the division will probably be won or lost. You can't ignore the Royals are playing well but they seem to do this every year.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I'd say act like you've been there before, but you probably don't remember the last time you've been there.
I do but probably not in the way you meant. KC had a 1-1/2 game division lead less than 2 months ago, then promptly coughed it up whilst Detroit went on an unholy tear for the next 5-6 weeks. That division lead turned into an 8 game deficit by July 22nd.

So now they (we?) take a half game lead and what now? Twice we've ascended the mountain and the fatalistic, defeatist attitude inherent in Royals fan looks around and thinks there's only one way to go from here. Down. I hate Jon Lester, btw.

As a lifelong Royals fan and especially for the last 20 years or so, I ask for only one thing when the season starts. Please give me a reason to care what happens come August and God willing, September.

Well, at least I've got August so far.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:KC had a 1-1/2 game division lead less than 2 months ago, then promptly coughed it up whilst Detroit went on an unholy tear for the next 5-6 weeks.
I remember. That was when you avoided this thread like the plague for about a month, only to magically reappear once KC got back in the hunt. If you're gonna do a call out thread, show up for the triumph and turmoil.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I didn't avoid the thread, just saw no reason to comment as we dropped into Lake Jacomo like we had an anchor tied to our ankles.

I'll comment when I see fit and on my schedule, not yours.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Granting oneself free license to be a bitch is always fresh.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

RACK WAGS!!!!!!

~YAFJ~
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

So in order to be a fan of a team and post when they're doing well, you also have to come in here to piss and moan when they're not.

Great business plan there.

GFY.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

You just have to enjoy the ride...every year is different. How many fanbases keep telling themselves 'Is this the year?' You deal with enough years of watching your team get worn out for 90 or 100 losses and you appreciate these years where you're finally relevant again.

Lead is up to 1-1/2 after a stinker from Porcello. Cano left the game with a foot injury so I don't know what his status is for the rest of the weekend. Mega matchup of King Felix and Price tonight.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Look, KC is no longer a pesky thorn in our sides. They are a legitimate threat. Detroit needs to get its shit together and stop losing to these slapdick teams. We have five straight series' coming up against .500 or below teams. The time to make some headway is now before we enter two pivotal series' against KC.

In the meantime, if the Royals could lose a fucking game or two, that would be nice.