Happy 100th Birthday, Wrigley Field (Weeghman Park)

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Waynegro
Elwood

Happy 100th Birthday, Wrigley Field (Weeghman Park)

Post by Waynegro »

4-23-1914 - 1st game Chicago Feds vs. Kansas City Packers (Federal League)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-l ... NNRTMzOV8x
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Happy 100th Birthday, Wrigley Field (Weeghman Park)

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Nobody fucking cares.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Waynegro
Elwood

Post by Waynegro »

Go swing your purse and take another cock in your ass and leave the sports talk to the men gay boy.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

2005, faggot. How did that taste?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

They also got to celebrate 100 years of shitty baseball on the same day. Yay.
Waynegro
Elwood

Post by Waynegro »

Screw_Michigan wrote:2005, faggot. How did that taste?
2005 when the Cubs finished 79-83 in 4th place? Dumbfuck.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Waynegro wrote:
2005 when the Cubs finished 79-83 in 4th place? Dumbfuck.
Spoken like a true fairweather Cubs fan. Go fuck yourself, cunt.
Waynegro
Elwood

Post by Waynegro »

I'm a Royals fan, faggot.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Then why do you give a shit about the Cubs? Idiot.

2005 was when the White Sox won the World Series. Suck on that dick, AL Central doormat.
Waynegro
Elwood

Post by Waynegro »

You're a White Sox fan? Enjoy meth much, gay boy?

Wrigley is the second best stadium in MLB and iconic in the history of baseball. Faggots like you who can't appreciate it should leave the sports talk to men. Go away, homo.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You don't have to like it, you just have to suck on it.

Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

I'll agree that the Cubbie stadium is iconic, but any Chicago fan will admit the Cubs have sucked for over a century, and continue that trend to this day.

Love 'em and hate 'em, nice venue, horrible team.

'Sup Mace. :grin:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Waynegro wrote:Go swing your purse and take another cock in your ass and leave the sports talk to the men gay boy.
Waynegro wrote:I'm a Royals fan, faggot.
Waynegro wrote:You're a White Sox fan? Enjoy meth much, gay boy?

Faggots like you who can't appreciate it should leave the sports talk to men. Go away, homo.
You seem to have issues. Show us on the doll where your Uncle touched you.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Jay in Phoenix wrote:I'll agree that the Cubbie stadium is iconic, but any Chicago fan will admit the Cubs have sucked for over a century, and continue that trend to this day.
It may be "iconic," but the stadium itself is really nothing special. It's just simply...old...and because of that people over-romanticize it. And because a plant grows on the outfield wall. Whoopty-doo. The stadium isn't appealing from the outside, and there's a dozen parks with better backdrops and skylines. People like Wrigley because of the drunken debauchery going on directly in and outside of Wrigley. Really, Cubs fans like to have a blast there so long as they're drunk and doing anything but watching baseball.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Actually mgo, I can't disagree with your comment. I used the term iconic in the sense that the stadium has maintained its appearance and old-school appeal for such a long time. It is a sense of window dressing for a decaying dinosaur of a ballpark, but it has its rather creaky, ancient charms...sort of.

I know many Cubs fans and their drunken, "who gives a fuck if we lose, it's the lovable Cubbbbiessshh" lush drone is tired. But hey, as long as they keep losing, it's okay by me.

Honestly however, there is something in the nostalgic sense of the park that does rise above some other, newer stadiums that have that cookie cutter feel to them.

But that number is growing smaller by the decade. Eventually they will have to blow that thing apart, before the rats and roaches eat it away.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Waynegro wrote:Go swing your purse and take another cock in your ass and leave the sports talk to the men gay boy.
Waynegro wrote:I'm a Royals fan, faggot.
Waynegro wrote:You're a White Sox fan? Enjoy meth much, gay boy?

Faggots like you who can't appreciate it should leave the sports talk to men. Go away, homo.
I hope you have a large doll. With a puffy coat.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Waynegro
Elwood

Post by Waynegro »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
I hope a clown punches you in the face with a fistful of dogshit.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Waynegro wrote: I hope a clown punches you in the face with a fistful of dogshit.
Why don't you lie down, I'll give you a bow tie.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

To summarize this thread:

Homosexual AL Central doormat fan posts thread propping the shittiest fanbase and shittiest stadium in MLB.

Drops a handful of lines of faggot smack.

Gets run.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:But that number is growing smaller by the decade. Eventually they will have to blow that thing apart, before the rats and roaches eat it away.
That's how pathetic their fanbase is and why the whole fawning over Cubs fans is so infuriating. Once Wrigley is gone, and it can't last forever, all those pieces of shit will disappear and the Cubs will be lucky to draw 15-20k per game.
Waynegro
Elwood

Post by Waynegro »

Sorry, loser. The Cubs are building new structures around Wrigley and will make the experience more like what was done to Fenway so it will be around at least another 100 years. Even the Royals with a stadium over 40 years old have it better than your shitty White Sox. So hang on to 2005, clutch your purse a little tighter and remain jealous of the Cubs, the Royals and me.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Waynegro wrote:it will be around at least another 100 years
Are you a structural engineer? Anyway, I laffed hard. Wrigley...around another century...that's all this shit franchise has going for itself, certainly not winning.
Waynegro
Elwood

Post by Waynegro »

Why so bitter towards the Cubs? I'm guessing you're like the typical SOX fan......white trash, poorly educated, at or below the poverty level, and hooked on meth. Also guessing you went to a game at Wrigley and got shot down by some dude you were trying to pick up there. You may have even been beaten because that crowd doesn't take kindly to men wearing a purse. It is obvious you are conflicted knowing your entire life is shit compared to any Cubs fan and your are envious and the least educated and qualified person in any room you enter.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

A polesmoking Royals fan sticking up for another team. Too bad your team doesn't have any accomplishments worth defending. Go fuck a wood chipper, you worthless piece of trash.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Waynegro wrote:Why so bitter towards the Cubs? I'm guessing you're like the typical SOX fan......white trash, poorly educated, at or below the poverty level, and hooked on meth. Also guessing you went to a game at Wrigley and got shot down by some dude you were trying to pick up there. You may have even been beaten because that crowd doesn't take kindly to men wearing a purse. It is obvious you are conflicted knowing your entire life is shit compared to any Cubs fan and your are envious and the least educated and qualified person in any room you enter.
This is why almost every baseball fan hates Cub fan. It's not a hatred of the team, very few people hate the Cubs themselves. Their history of losing allows for a sense of feeling blase about them at best. It is the idiot fans that draw ire. Nothing worse than a group of people relentlessly cheering for mediocrity year after year, being satisfied with 4th or last place and then puking on everyone else who isn't a fan.

A "life of shit" as you put it, is wearing that Cubbie gear, getting drunk off your ass and vomiting on yourself while screaming "Wait till next year!!!"

Which of course means another season of futility.

Epic.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Most Cub fans are also Bear fans. Nuff said.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Jay in Phoenix wrote:Honestly however, there is something in the nostalgic sense of the park that does rise above some other, newer stadiums that have that cookie cutter feel to them.
I, too, once felt that sense of baseball purity and innocence at Wrigley Field... until some skank two rows in front of me vomited in her own lap and all the "bros" in cargo shorts and aviators around her started high-fiving each other.

But, you know, if you can just get past all the douchebag fans and terrible baseball... it's a tremendous experience.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: I, too, once felt that sense of baseball purity and innocence at Wrigley Field... until some skank two rows in front of me vomited in her own lap and all the "bros" in cargo shorts and aviators around her started high-fiving each other.

But, you know, if you can just get past all the douchebag fans and terrible baseball... it's a tremendous experience.
:lol:

Wrigley is great if you've 1) never been there 2) don't know any better. Once you've grown up and been to Wrigley more than a handful of times, the charm quickly wears off. If you're 18-24 and still in that college age, frat party loving phase of your life where it's more about beer bonging Old Styles and copping feels on chicks in bikini tops at a MLB game, then Wrigley is fucking great. But if you are a fucking grown man who cares about quality baseball, you go to games at Comiskey.
Waynegro
Elwood

Post by Waynegro »

I doubt you are a "man" but that is hilarious using the words "quality baseball" and "Comiskey" (actually US CELLULAR :meds: ) in the same sentence. :lol:
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Waynegro wrote:I doubt you are a "man" but that is hilarious using the words "quality baseball" and "Comiskey" (actually US CELLULAR :meds: ) in the same sentence. :lol:
When's the last time the Royals made the playoffs? Eject, already.
Waynegro
Elwood

Post by Waynegro »

What does that have to do with anything? Like I said before, leave the sports talk to men.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I, too, once felt that sense of baseball purity and innocence at Wrigley Field... until some skank two rows in front of me vomited in her own lap and all the "bros" in cargo shorts and aviators around her started high-fiving each other.

Once again Mgo, I'm not in disagreement. My sense of attaching the word nostalgia to Wrigley has nothing to do with baseball purity. It's based on it being a long standing venue that hasn't changed much, like the manual scoreboard for example. There is no innocence at Wrigley, no doubt. Realistically speaking, the park retains nostalgic value on the surface only, say, when viewing it on t.v. or in photos. Step foot in the park and that veneer gets stripped away pretty quickly and in ugly fashion. Cub fan overall is a mongoloid (sorry Mace, no shot at you bud), a drunk and one of the most obnoxious representations of fan base, and the smell of piss and puke drifts out from the park daily.

Sort of like Harry Carey's bloated ghost.