Hey Dodgerfan, if you thought your team was cheap before....

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Russ from SacTown
SF Giants Fan

Hey Dodgerfan, if you thought your team was cheap before....

Post by Russ from SacTown »

Hey Dodgerfan, if you thought your team was cheap before by dumping salary before even winning the division title, check this out. :lol:
Dodgers: Park safe from quakes
Posted: Tuesday February 1, 2005

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Los Angeles Dodgers halted a project designed to protect their 43-year-old ballpark in the event of an earthquake, according to a newspaper report.

The work began under previous ownership. The team now says the project was unnecessary and Dodger Stadium is safe, the Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday. :roll:

In 1999, the club voluntarily started upgrading the stadium to current seismic standards after learning that a fault runs directly underneath it. Improvements were to be finished in stages spanning several offseasons.

The project was stopped a year ago when News Corp. was in the process of selling the team, and new owner Frank McCourt does not plan to resume it. The Dodgers are in the middle of a $15 million renovation unrelated to the seismic upgrading that will add 1,600 premium seats to Dodger Stadium.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/b ... index.html
It looks like the Dodgers ownership really cares about their fans safety. :lol:
Go Giants!!
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

I'm sure that Arte Moreno is loving this. If Chavez Ravine becomes Ravine after a little earth movement, he can justify the LA Angels of Anaheim :D
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

I think propping 2x4s against the Dodger stadium walls should be more then sufficent.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Cueball wrote:I'm sure that Arte Moreno is loving this. If Chavez Ravine becomes Ravine after a little earth movement, he can justify the LA Angels of Anaheim :D
Wow.

What a fucking disaster the dodgers have quickly become.

Fuck them, and rack my parents for making my brothers and I angel fans from the time we were youngins.

Love the dodger stadium experience since I lived in LA for a number of years, and even took my little brothers there when they hit thier early teens-but we wont be going back to that crib if they dont give a fuck about joe fans safety.

Fucking shame..............

Rack Moreno for showing LA how its done.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Raydah James wrote:
Cueball wrote:I'm sure that Arte Moreno is loving this. If Chavez Ravine becomes Ravine after a little earth movement, he can justify the LA Angels of Anaheim :D
Wow.

What a fucking disaster the dodgers have quickly become.

Fuck them, and rack my parents for making my brothers and I angel fans from the time we were youngins.

Love the dodger stadium experience since I lived in LA for a number of years, and even took my little brothers there when they hit thier early teens-but we wont be going back to that crib if they dont give a fuck about joe fans safety.

Fucking shame..............

Rack Moreno for showing LA how its done.
As much as I de\espise you at the moment,I gotta agree. When did Donald Sterling take over the Dodgers anyways??
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Well, it's not like we built a new park on top of a toxic dump, Gnat Fan.

:lol:

I'll be happy if McCourt has enough money to pay for the lights this summer.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Russ from SacTown
SF Giants Fan

socal wrote:Well, it's not like we built a new park on top of a toxic dump, Gnat Fan.
Actually it was some of the "fill dirt" used when they were building the site. They removed it after finding out.

I'm not glowing green (like the galloping cack on the logo) and I"ve been there many times.
socal wrote: I'll be happy if McCourt has enough money to pay for the lights this summer.
Rack! :lol:

He better keep some money available for some deadline deals this year. You guys will probably need at least one more bat and some arms down the stretch.
Go Giants!!
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

I'm glad that the Expos/Nats got out of that concrete mauseoleum known
as Olympic Stadium, or "The Big Oops", before more concrete chunks
fell from the roof! :twisted:
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
Russ from SacTown
SF Giants Fan

Funkywhiteboy wrote:I'm glad that the Expos/Nats got out of that concrete mauseoleum known
Hopefully the mauseoleum meets the same fate as Veteran's & Three River's stadium. KABOOOM!
Go Giants!!
Jeff 2K5
Run from NFL

Post by Jeff 2K5 »

Funkywhiteboy wrote:I'm glad that the Expos/Nats got out of that concrete mauseoleum known
Rack. They pretty much need to destroy that place. :twisted:

RFK isn't exactly a newbie either, hopefully it holds up until the new Nats stadium is built.

With no hockey this season and the Spos leaving town, Montreal has zero sports right now. What are the people there to do with themselves? :twisted: :lol:
Russ from SacTown
SF Giants Fan

Jeff 2K5 wrote: With no hockey this season and the Spos leaving town, Montreal has zero sports right now. What are the people there to do with themselves? :twisted: :lol:
Drink wine, eat cheese, and speak French? :lol:
Go Giants!!
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Re: Hey Dodgerfan, if you thought your team was cheap before

Post by Joe in PB »

Russ from SacTown wrote: It looks like the Dodgers ownership really cares about their fans safety.

In LA nobody shows up until the 3rd inning, then they leave after the 6th. So the new ownership figures it's only a 1 in 3 chance any fans will be in Dodger Stadium if an earth quake hit during a game. :lol:
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Joe in PB wrote:
Russ from SacTown wrote: It looks like the Dodgers ownership really cares about their fans safety.

In LA nobody shows up until the 3rd inning, then they leave after the 6th. So the new ownership figures it's only a 1 in 3 chance any fans will be in Dodger Stadium if an earth quake hit during a game. :lol:

ARCHIVE!

Another takeless cunt chimes in on something he knows nothing about-Major league baseball.

Padre fan is allowed to talk when thier owner stops fielding a fucking AAA team that cant compete in the shittiest division in baseball. Until then, shut your bitch asses the fuck up.

Gotdamn tards.
U Kant

Post by U Kant »

For all of the LOL emoticons posted in this thread, I found all of the takes to be rather unfunny.

Flippin' tards.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

What a difference 9 years makes, eh Russ?
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

:?
Go Bucs, Gators