RE: Lag Issues and Choppy Feeds *SOLUTION*

I gotta talk about a fuckin' dog dying.

Moderator: Smackie Chan

Katy

RE: Lag Issues and Choppy Feeds *SOLUTION*

Post by Katy »

There may be the rare occasion the server goes belly up. But on this server, those updates and scheduled maintenance usually take place during the day when no one is on the server.

Some have been having lags, sputtering, skipping...as have I in previous weeks. I found my computer was in serious need of optimizing, and other maintenance. I also had router problems and replaced my router.

If you continue to have these issues, it's more than likely your bandwidth or ISP.

Here's a link to test your speed.

Broadband Speed Test

If you get under 5 on your download speed and crappy speed on your uploads, the chances are you're going to have a broadcast that will sputter on this server. This server is fast...VERY fast.

It won't matter if you broadcast at 40 kpbs or 128 kpbs, the outcome will be the same. You'll sputter regardless.

Our server has proven to be very reliable and thus far, no issues.

Keep in mind that winamp is a CPU hog. If you're running skype or any instant messengers at the same time, those are also CPU hogs. If your system is bogged down with programs, you're likely to have the choppy broadcast issue.

Contact your ISP, or do normal maintenance on your PC. Best advice I can give ya.