2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: See you in the SEC...bitches.

Post by Moby Dick »

More like 2022.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I recall Texas and OU calling us bitches for SECeding. I guess you bitches are sick of getting hind tit in recruiting out of Texas.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

LOL

And just think, you bitches had to beg to get in. Missouri was asked to join 2 conferences. B1G, and told them to fuck off with Junior Membership, and the SEC.

You also tried to get into the Pac12, and they told you NO.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Adelpiero wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:41 pm Missouri was asked to join 2 conferences. B1G, and told them to fuck off with Junior Membership,
I remember it as Brian Bennett did.

Missouri wants Big Ten but isn't wanted
Oct 6, 2011
Brian Bennett
ESPN Staff Writer
Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
print
Never let it be said that everyone thinks the SEC is better than the Big Ten.

Missouri, all dressed up in a bridal gown and just waiting for a proposal, may move on from the Big 12 to the SEC. But the Associated Press has reported that the school would prefer an invite from the Big Ten.

One problem: the feeling apparently isn't mutual. The Tigers were all dressed up and ready to join the Big Ten dance last year, with the governor even publicly advocating for the move. But the Big Ten was just not that into Mizzou. Nebraska was and remains a much more attractive partner.

Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany has repeatedly said during this latest round of expansion madness that his league is perfectly happy with 12 teams after adding Nebraska in the offseason. Expanding for the sake of expanding is not going to happen, and Missouri is not enough of a prime target for the conference to change its mind.

The school does make plenty of sense for the Big Ten, including geographically and culturally (Missouri is a member of the prestigious American Association of Universities). It makes a natural rival for Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska.

But unless the league suddenly changes course and decides to go to 14 or 16 teams -- a move that would likely only happen if a home-run addition like Texas or Notre Dame became available -- then Missouri isn't coming aboard.

So the Tigers will have to hope to settle for the SEC. When the Tigers inevitably get their brains beat in during football season down South, they'll probably still be wishing they were in the Big Ten.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Missouri wants Big Ten but isn't wanted
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt Wrong

Big10 offered a Junior Membership, Missouri said NO, Nubs jumped in feet first to get away from OU and Tejas mess and take that small piece of bread. Missouri went to SEC and got full chunk.. Anyone claiming anything differently is disillusion and lying, or very uninformed. You quoted a Blogger(at the time). CNN, Fox News, or MSNBC links coming next?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

When the Tigers inevitably get their brains beat in during football season down South
Agenda and Butthurt

2 SEC title games since joining. How many has his Wildcats made? Or even those Nubs?
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

indyfrisco wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:52 pm I recall Texas and OU calling us bitches for SECeding. I guess you bitches are sick of getting hind tit in recruiting out of Texas.
I don't remember OU talking shit to aTm about leaving...pretty sure we all knew who's fault it was...

It's ok tho..you boys had a 10 year break from getting boned year in and year out by OU... time for aTm to assume the position once again :lol:
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

On a side note...it's nice to see some old faces resurface.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Going to be fun to play these games in the SEC. Looking forward to the rivalries that will be created and renewed.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i don't have nearly strong a feeling about it as i might have a decade ago. I grew up a Big 8 guy and will miss all that but, fuck, at 53....hard to get all worked up that much. so obviously about population density and advertising markets, hard to push any point other than that.

on the mizzou thing.....i know MU wanted to be in the Big 10 in the worst way for many many years, just as Colorado wanted to be in the Pac. Fans I knew of both teams.

"better cultural fit", they used to say.

Big 8 had 3 teams win the MNC in it's last decade and was putting 5 of 8 teams in the NCAA hoops tournament.

wasn't about being competitive. fannies in front of the Domino's ads.

oh well.

p.s. I do miss the Mizzou-Kansas rivalry....that was good hate. historical hate. all that Bill Quantrill stuff was good to watch as an independent observer. so, maybe Mizzou in the South makes sense?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Welcome to The Conference.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Tejas - Y'all sure ya wanna do this?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Going swimmingly so far.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

If I were a casual fan I would be rooting for Nebraska @ Oklahoma today but I am Sooner and Nebbish lost their teeth when bradhuskers went MIA.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:12 am Did Fresneck seriously beat UCLA?
I've seen Fresneck play a couple of times this season. Looking like a good team -- should win the MWC.

San Diego State beat Utah.

Northern AZ beat Zona.

BYU beat #19 ASU.

Way to go, PAC.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

In a battle of giants last Saturday, though, Stanford claimed Bode over the SEC.

SDSU and FSU both have seriously good teams. The Aztecs have been walking all over the PAC for several years. Should be a good game on 10/30.