Did not see this coming

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Did not see this coming

Post by Dinsdale »

I wasn't expecting an ass-kicking.

When a loss is a win -- lose your starting QB, and go all USC and replace him with the next Carson Palmer/Matt Leinart/Marc Sanchez/Matt Barkley.

Slovis was awesome.

And you're welcome for Hufanga. You shouldn't be recruiting out of state.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

SC's win was fool's gold. UCLA has the "genius" head coach. He is playing a QB that would polish the bench at a JC....which is part of his genius. Chip is making Chippy Neuheisel look like Vince Lombardi. How happy is Florida losing on the Chip bidding process last year?

Worst QB exhibition I've seen and the backups don't get a sniff.

Chip Kelly is a genius so lifelong fans like me should just shut up, watch, and learn.

Hopefully UCLA will drop football and focus on women's gymnastics and softball.

Well, there is still basketball.

Borrowed from one of the Bruin sites....

"UCLA football passed away on Saturday, September7, 2019 following a slow 20 years long decline. The Bruins finally expired immediately following a loss to San Diego State. Cause of death is still under investigation although general institutional apathy and poor coaching hires are considered the most likely causes. Although expected due to the long decline, the death still shocked many in the college football world. Ex-coach Terry Donahue, who once led the Bruins to regular bowl game appearances, is "inconsolable" according to friends. All-time college football greats and former Bruins Kenny Easley, Johnathan Ogden, and Troy Aikman all expressed their deep shock and sadness at the passing. Aikman said "UCLA is a great university, in a wonderful city, and plays at the most beautiful venue in college football and has access to many talented local players. It is heartbreaking that this was allowed to happen." Former Heisman winner Gary Beban, who was at UCLA football's side when it expired,said with tears streaming down his face "This was once a wonderful thing." Long-time UCLA foe and ex-USC Trojan coach John Robinson, who fought many memorable battles with the Bruins, is reported to be "in seclusion and resting" after becoming so upset by the news that he experienced chest pains and had to be taken to the hospital.

UCLA football once had a proud history and regularly finished in the top 10 or 20 in the final season rankings. Donahue's teams won several Rose Bowl games. Ex-coach Dick Vermeil, who led UCLA to a memorable and unexpected upset Rose Bowl victory over Ohio State stated that he was "numb" after the news reached him. Bob Stiles, who made perhaps the greatest play in UCLA football history, when he stopped the Michigan State fullback short of the goal line to preserve a 14-12 Rose Bowl victory- and knocked himself out in the process, said "Today is the saddest day of my life".

UCLA football is survived by the other members of the PAC-12 conference who, while currently experiencing their own decline on the national stage, all vowed to use the Bruins demise as a cautionary tale and motivation to not let the same thing happen to them. Stanford coach David Shaw said that"Even at an elite academic university like Stanford we realize the importance of football to our overall college and educational experience. It is a wonderful benefit to the community and brings people together to experience something unique to our American culture".
E PLURIBUS PLURIBUS
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Unfortunately I was not able to watch the Clusterfuck in the Coliseum last night because I was at a fancy-ass French restaurant in Newport celebrating the wife's and stepdaughter's birthdays.

Looking now like 6 wins is probably a good over/under for the Cardinal.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Here's how bad it is for UCLA.....I did a game Friday night. One of the O-linemen has 30 offers and is a USC verbal. I was talking to him before the game about his recruitment etc.....his O-line coach played at UCLA many years ago. They didn't even offer the kid. 6'6" 290. Dominated the O-line. The best one they've had at this school ever. How come UCLA didn't offer? Was it grades? Nope, the kid has a 4.1. Even though the Oline coach is an alum none of the coaches contacted him. UCLA is a lost ship drifting in the middle of the ocean.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

While Hufanga is a complete fucking animal (dude used to get suspended in HS for being such an animal), I think we'll just hang onto Troy Dye, Mr. Tibbs, and co.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one