Season tips off next week

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Season tips off next week

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I'm back at GW for my seventh consecutive official season as a season ticket holder. The year before I just bought tickets at the gate for all but a handful of games.

We axed our successful coach because he went Mike Rice on the players except for the throwing basketball at players' domes. We named his assistant Maurice Joseph as the interim because this all took place in the last six weeks.

We just lost our core of three seniors who will be inducted into the schools' bball hall of fame. Haven't made the tournament last two seasons, but we did win the NIT last season.

Lonergan was great against non-conf opponents, hence the NIT win, but he was .500 against the best teams in the A-10. Guys like Phil Martilli, the coach from St Bonaventure and Archie Miller at Dayton, ML was probably .500 or less against those two.

So our season will be interesting! Rack GW and the A-10!
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Season tips off next week

Post by Goober McTuber »

Nobody cares.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I'm pining for some college bball after this dreadful football season. MSU opens up with Arizona tonight in Hawaii. Both are young teams, and have some key guys injured. These are two very different squads. Zona is going to dominate the paint, while MSU will try to get out and run. Gonna be tough to do that though if they can't rebound due to Arizona's significant size advantage. I'll say Wildcats by 6.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote: We axed our successful coach
What'd you ax him?
:lol:

I met one of the assistants last week at the meet and greet following the exhibition game. This dude--

http://www.gwsports.com/sports/m-baskbl ... 98132.html

Good man. Had a nice chat about how their coaching style would differ due to the changes on the team. It's amazing, we may consider ourselves pretty knowledgeable basketball fans, but when you start getting into chalk talk with these coaches, it's almost like talking calculus.

We got MD-Eastern Shore tonight for the traditional season opening cupcake. Hopefully they won't let UMES lead for 30 minutes like they did Bowie State in the exhibition.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I'm pining for some college bball after this dreadful football season. MSU opens up with Arizona tonight in Hawaii. Both are young teams, and have some key guys injured. These are two very different squads. Zona is going to dominate the paint, while MSU will try to get out and run. Gonna be tough to do that though if they can't rebound due to Arizona's significant size advantage. I'll say Wildcats by 6.
It's been said a million times but the best thing about Izzo (other than being a decent dude) is he doesn't play cowardly non-conference schedules. And his teams benefit from it. Guys want to play the best opponents and that's how you become a better team.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I'm pining for some college bball after this dreadful football season.

Mark Helfrich in 2 years has accomplished something Ernie Kent couldn't do in 12 years -- turned Oregon into a basketball school.

Host Army in Eugene tonight.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Go up 17-2 to start the game only to lose on a coast-to-coast buzzer beating uncontested layup. Ugh. 2016 continues to suck major donkey dick.

It was a fun game though. Miles Bridges is gonna be fun to watch for his one year in a Spartan uniform.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

GW held off a MD Eastern Shore team that went 10-22 last season. I expect to see many games like this, they lost their three best players to graduation, their coach just got fired and now they have a new and young interim head coach who wants to run up tempo offense. They added a freshman big man who seems to be very athletic, he'll be a good buffer for our veteran bigman and top 40 player Tyler Cavanaugh.

We don't have a PG as every time UMES pressed us in the second half, we struggled with it. Hopefully a good ball handler will emerge because if we do this once conference season rolls around, we are screwed.