NCAA Tournament

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

NCAA Tournament

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Welp, I guess I'll start it. A few thoughts glancing at the bracket...

-B1G got 7 teams in but due to most of these teams getting jammed with low seeds I don't think the conference will do well in the tourney. Quite possible we could only see one B1G team get to the Sweet 16, most likely being Wisconsin. I'll bank on Maryland making it though. Purdue would have to get through Kentucky to get there. Indiana would have to get through Wichita St then Kansas to get there. Ohio State would have to get through VCU then Arizona. Michigan State would have to get through Virginia. Iowa would have to get through Gonzaga. ALL JUST TO GET TO THE SECOND WEEKEND. Yikes.

-What is with the committee's continued love affair with the Big East? I could sort of understand it a few years ago when they were still loaded with blue bloods, but some of these seeds are head scratching. Providence a 6? Butler a 6? Xavier a 6? Georgetown a 4? Get the fukk out of here.

-There are five teams from the state of Indiana in the Midwest region.

-With Texas, UCLA, and Indiana all getting in comfortably, do not tell me the committee does not factor in name brand/ticket sales.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Re: NCAA Tournament

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

But the SEC tho...

I have Zona cutting them down in my main bracket...

I like MSU to possibly make a run (even with a potential date with UVA)...

I think Kansas gets jammed by WSU
As much as I hate to say it I think ND could pull the Kentucky upset...

and yes, I have to root for those pasty white, flopping buzz cuts if they play Kentucky... :doh:
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

yeah we remember...name ONE team that is worth a shit that UGA beat :hfal:

MSU will roll UGA
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I thought the giving you the finger smilie would let you know I got your sarcasm...

maybe not though
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
buckeye_in_sc wrote:I thought the giving you the finger smilie would let you know I got your sarcasm...

maybe not though
You forget I'm from Alabama?
Hard to, with the daily reminders.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

So Sam, why did you take down your SEC vs B1G thread?
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Just a mental note, never pick these teams to do a damn thing in the tourney or else you will lose money:

- Notre Dame
- Oklahoma
- Gonzaga
- Virginia
- Georgetown
- any current or former Big XII team (i.e. Mizzou) not named Kansas (though Bill Self has been known to take early vacation every so many years)

You're welcome.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:Goobs is from Wisconsin. That's why he fucks cows and eats blocks of cheese.
No, we eat cows and fuck blocks of cheese. Bassackwards hillbilly.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:In case you missed it, Alabama absolutely CRUSHED your Fighting Illini in the NIT. Led by 30 several times. One of our mediocre teams beat the fuck outta one of your mediocre teams!
Illinois was maybe one more win away from getting a bid to the dance. They obviously didn't want to be there. For Alabama on the other hand, the NIT is the pinnacle of success for their basketball program.

Sincerely,
The logic SEC fans use when their teams lose in bowl games
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: -With Texas, UCLA, and Indiana all getting in comfortably, do not tell me the committee does not factor in name brand/ticket sales.
While I admit UCLA didn't set it on fire this year with it's depleted roster, it would've been tough to only have 3 teams from a power conference in, and they did reward the Bruins for SOS (splain it later to secfan), and they played better coming in.

With Alford/UCLA you have two tourney brands that will typically create the murmurs of intrigue with various matchups.
E PLURIBUS PLURIBUS
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The Seer wrote: With Alford/UCLA you have two tourney brands that will typically create the murmurs of intrigue with various matchups.
Go fuck yourself.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:I'd like you to meet our next coach: Tom Crean? Greg Marshall?
Pipe dream. It would be a significant step down for Crean. For Marshall, it would be a lateral move at best, and better programs than Alabama have already made a run at him and been turned down.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Crean to Bama is possible imo. IU fan base is fed up with him and the majority seem to want him out. But if he makes a run in the tourney maybe that'll buy him more time.

I don't think he's a very good coach, but I suppose Bama could do worse.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Crean to Bama is possible imo. IU fan base is fed up with him and the majority seem to want him out. But if he makes a run in the tourney maybe that'll buy him more time.

I don't think he's a very good coach, but I suppose Bama could do worse.
I heard this past week that he got a vote of confidence from the AD. Even if they did let him go, a better program than Alabama would snap him up. Western Michigan, Gardner-Webb, etc.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

:lol:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

There is no "main" game anymore, they're all televised. Provided you have a television and a basic cable package.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:The local main channel here in Macon should have the ability to broadcast any of the ones on, shouldn't they?
No, none of these games are regional telecasts. Every game is a national telecast shown on either CBS, TNT, TBS, or TRU. Has cable not made its way to Macon yet?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

And Iowa State is struggling late against UAB. I thought the Big 12 was the toughest conference this year?

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Iowa State done.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:
Believe it or not, Macon has had cable longer than Atlanta has. We had it here going back as far as the mid/late 60's...
Modern cable TV using coax came from... the U&L, of course. Astoria, OR. Dude put up big antennae to get stations in Seattle and Portland, then sold it to his neighbors. There were crude systems before that, but it was the first modern setup.

BTW -- I guess my ISU pick sucked.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Always nice to be out of your pool 3 hours into the tournament. Fucking Iowa St.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Jsc810 wrote:Some people had Iowa State as a Final Four team.
Hi!

:brad:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Baylor basketball chokes hard.

Sin,

Baylor football
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Two 3 seeds in the first 4 hours? Holy shit.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:Two 3 seeds in the first 4 hours? Holy shit.
Big 12 really justifying those high seeds. :meds:
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Forgot which "expert" was espousing the Big 12 as the strongest or 2nd strongest basketball conference...welp that seems to be a pile of SHIT...

yeah I lost Iowa State as well...

about to lose Texas in a survivor type pool that uses seeds as accumulating points...fuck the Big 12...are they good at any sport?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Nice coaching, Larry Brown. Maybe you should have spent some times on the basics -- like reminding your players they're not allowed to swat a ball off the rim.

Hilarious... especially since I took UCLA.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Has cable not made its way to Macon yet?

I laughed.

Have you ever been to Bacon, GA. ???

Don't fret, neither has 99 % of the world's population.

Trust me, when people in Bacon say they have cable... they're talking about those fancy things... we call "rabbit ears".
EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

I'm going to call it... and say a few hours in advance.

#13 Eastern Washington is going to take down #4 Georgetown tonight.

The

... can put some points on the board.

Oh yeah, don't be surprised if #12 Wofford gives "the pig"s all they can handle and sneaks out with a W.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Talked to my dad this afternoon. He always loved filling out a bracket, but he spends a lot of time now looking after my mom, and he is 87 years old. He didn't bother filling out a bracket this year. All he wants from the tournament is "to see Tom Izzo get beat, because I can't stand that damn crybaby". Rack my old man.

The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Goober McTuber wrote:Talked to my dad this afternoon. He always loved filling out a bracket, but he spends a lot of time now looking after my mom, and he is 87 years old. He didn't bother filling out a bracket this year. All he wants from the tournament is "to see Tom Izzo get beat, because I can't stand that damn crybaby". Rack my old man.

Is your "old man" throwing back a few like you are tonight ?

If so, rack him.

Midgets should only be seen as instruments of "tossing" during picnic games and not coaches.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:All he wants from the tournament is "to see Tom Izzo get beat, because I can't stand that damn crybaby". Rack my old man.
So Wisconsin is having the best season in their history and that's all he wants? Rack Izzo for occupying all the real estate in your old man's dome.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Magoo... what do you think your chances are with Swanigan ?

Guys a beast... and best set for the B1G with how physical he plays.

Recent post of his... I only mention this because Rabb and Swanigan want to play together.

"On Tuesday, Swanigan broke down his final seven for Justin Kenny of The News-Sentinel.
- Duke. “(Freshman center Jahlil Okafor) will be gone, and they are looking for someone who can come in and help fill that void, and that’s a huge honor. Coach K (Mike Krzyzewski) is also one of the greatest (coaches) ever.”
- Cal.“I love Cal. I love (coach Cuonzo Martin) since he’s been at Tennessee. He recruited me really early. I think they have a good program that’s on the brink of success.”
- Chicago State. “I have known the coach (Tracy Dildy) for a while, and he’s known my dad for a while. It’s a really nice place they got done there in the middle of Chicago.”
- Purdue. “Purdue is tough. They got some 7-footers and they are really hungry to get better in the Big Ten.”
- Kentucky. “You don’t know who is going to leave and when they are going to leave, but Kentucky is obviously the best organization in college basketball right now, so that’s something you definitely have to look at.”
- Arizona. “Arizona is kind of the Kentucky of the West. They get after it, and they got a lot of guys leaving this year and they need help next year.”
- Michigan State. “(Tom Izzo) is a good coach. He is a Hall of Fame-type coach, and they have a good program there right now.”
The McDonald’s All-American, Nike Hoops Summit and Jordan Brand Classic selectee has unofficially visited Kentucky, Louisville and most recently Michigan State. Officially he has been on campus at Duke and California.
Swanigan’s guardian recently told SNY.tv his official to California was a “good” visit.
Many believe Swanigan — who reclassified from 2016 to the 2015 class last summer — will end up at Michigan State. He’s been a top target forTom Izzo and so far it appears his worked has paid off as Swanigan has unofficially been on campus five separate times.
Swanigan still has three official visits, if he chooses to use them. As of this writing, no additional officials have been scheduled."

...pretty interesting if you are the type who likes to try to read the tea leaves. Sounds like if he goes with his head its Kentucky or Michigan St., but if he goes with his heart.... it's Cal.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I have no idea. I know MSU is going after him but I don't follow recruiting very closely. If Kentucky is in the mix I'll take a wild guess and $ay he choo$e$ the Cat$.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:Even if they did let him go, a better program than Alabama would snap him up...Western Michigan
:bode: :bode: :bode:
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

We can end the love affair with Shaka Smart now. Dude's the next Tom Crean.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I have no idea. I know MSU is going after him but I don't follow recruiting very closely. If Kentucky is in the mix I'll take a wild guess and $ay he choo$e$ the Cat$.

Like I said, I think his type of play is better suit for the Big 10.

I'm more worried about State... since he has more in common with this type of play.

Oh yeah, thanks for Draymond Green !

Guy's my favorite player on the Warriors and love his game.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Jsc810 wrote:LSU with the dunk of the tourney so far! That will be on Sportscenter later tonight. Image
That was money.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I got rid of cable a month ago (best decision I ever made), so I am test driving Sling TV for the week-long free trial. So far, so good, but I don't plan to keep it.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Papa Willie wrote:I reckon

Anyways, Porky is too much of pussy to take his ass-fucking in the NBA forum.

Like I said, look out for #12 Wofford tonight.

Damn... Nolan Richardson... looks old.
Last edited by The State on Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.