NCAA Tournament

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: NCAA Tournament

Post by Screw_Michigan »

11 pm EST tipoffs are horseshit.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Holy shit. Rack the hell out of NC State.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:All he wants from the tournament is "to see Tom Izzo get beat, because I can't stand that damn crybaby". Rack my old man.
So Wisconsin is having the best season in their history and that's all he wants? Rack Izzo for occupying all the real estate in your old man's dome.
My old man's from Ohio. He doesn't really get all that worked up about Wisky. :mrgreen:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Jsc810 wrote:Holy shit. Where is the shower rod?

That one hurts. What a roller coaster. More like just getting shoved off the top of a building. Fuck.

Props to N.C. State. They never gave up and obviously wanted it more than LSU.
LSU gets beat by a 3 man Auburn team in the SEC tourney.

Then they are one-and-done in the NCAA.

Program on the rise???
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Day 1 thoughts...

- Lots of close games but some really bad basketball. Turnovers, tons of missed shots, awful decision making, all around sloppy play.

- STOP GOING INTO PREVENT OFFENSE MODE. All of these teams get up 10 in the second half then try to sit on their lead. They drain the shot clock then heave a long 3 which clanks. So many comebacks yesterday because of this. Keep doing what fucking got you there to begin with.

- The Big 12 received the SEC football treatment this year. Beat up on each other thereby accumulating "quality wins" leading to undeserved high seeds. But, I am guilty of buying into the hype as I had Baylor in the EE and Iowa St in the FF.

- These SEC teams you guys in here were raving about look physically imposing, long and athletic, but very undisciplined and just lacking fundamentals. Do they run any sets or is it all just ISO? There is talent in that league, it's just not realized. I blame a lack of quality coaching. Kentucky is obviously the exception.

- Currently I am sitting 41st out of 43 people in my money pool so disregard everything I say about college basketball.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:Mgo - I don't think you understand this, but there isn't the "SEC SEC" thing down here in basketball. Most people down here just don't like basketball that much.
Right? I thought that was pretty much common knowledge. Not sure what part of my post prompted you to say that.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Well, there's four SEC guys posting in this thread so maybe y'all care more than you realize?
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

If Auburn hadn't hired Bruce Pearl I probably wouldn't be in this forum.

Hopefully Cheatapari will get busted again before Pearl does.

That way, AU may see some NCAA tourney action in the next few years.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

what a crazy day...

my brackets are in the shitter so now I am rooting for Ohio State...to go as far as they can
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I got rid of cable a month ago (best decision I ever made), so I am test driving Sling TV for the week-long free trial. So far, so good, but I don't plan to keep it.
Can't afford washing machines or cable.

E PLURIBUS PLURIBUS
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The Seer wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:I got rid of cable a month ago (best decision I ever made), so I am test driving Sling TV for the week-long free trial. So far, so good, but I don't plan to keep it.
Can't afford washing machines or cable.

Hmmmm, I guess if not bending over for cable makes me a loser, than so be it.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:MSU gets the win...but Georgia showed that they were as good as the Spartans.
It went to OT?

Ended in a tie?

Or was 18 minutes of the second half a complete asskicking, with the "prevent offense" allowing for a small run at the very end?

You're really out of your element when talking hoops.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Papa Willie wrote:Well - Pitino just formed and burst 'rhoids in one game. Jesus. That was pretty sick.

Yeah, I know it was a year or 2 ago when I made my post... but, my boy put a scare into Pitino and the state of Kentucky.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43762
EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:MSU gets the win...but Georgia showed that they were as good as the Spartans.

Today.
Georgia attempted 26 free throws, made 81% of them....a stat unforeseen...and yet Michigan State still covered the spread. Georgia was not "as good" today, and in fact, I expected more.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

The Seer wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: -With Texas, UCLA, and Indiana all getting in comfortably, do not tell me the committee does not factor in name brand/ticket sales.
While I admit UCLA didn't set it on fire this year with it's depleted roster, it would've been tough to only have 3 teams from a power conference in, and they did reward the Bruins for SOS (splain it later to secfan), and they played better coming in.

With Alford/UCLA you have two tourney brands that will typically create the murmurs of intrigue with various matchups.
At least they're proving their worth, on to the Sweet 16. UAB had no answer for their inside game. That was painful to watch.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Pac-12 is... 6-0 in the tourney...

...The powerhouse B12 is 2-3.

... with Utah coming up against Georgetown in a couple of minutes.

Take Utah.

I'ts amazing how underrated the Pac was this year.

Hell, Cal beat Oregon, Ucla, and led for most of the 1st half against Arizona in the conference tourney... yet didn't even get an invite to the NIT ???

East Coast bias... rearing its ugly head... once again.

Cal blasting Duke off the court... (During March Madness and the tourney) ...

...the year after Duke and Christian Laettner won the National Championship...

Too funny...
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Utah and Georgetown... best game of the tourney and it's not even close.

Good game for me and the other 3 people on this board that like College Basketball... and aren't Bandwagoners.

Did Josh Smith (sup, fucla)... eat the State of Maryland ?

Boy ain't small.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

The State wrote:Take Utah.

You know who I am...

The PAC is 7-0... unreal

Has this EVER happened in NCAA history ?

Ummm.. No.

Rack the 12 !!!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Josh Smith is still playing college basketball? Feels like he's been around for a decade.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Josh Smith is still playing college basketball?
Not anymore.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MSU was nails defensively down the stretch. That's how you win games.

Props to MSU.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Nice work Sparty 8)
Go Bucs, Gators
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Happy with the win, but holy shit, 59 free throws attempted in this game. Let em play, refs. Nobody tunes in to watch high level athletes park themselves at the stripe and shoot free throws. UVA went over 12 minutes in the second half without a field goal but stayed within striking distance because they went to the line on every possession. All you have to do now is just drain the shot clock, drive wildly into the lane, throw yourself into the defender, and you'll get the call. Guys like Roy Williams bitched about more calls and they got what they wanted, so I hope people are entertained with these non stop whistle fests. It was ticky tack both ways though, so at least nobody had an advantage.

Three point shooting was pretty much the difference, 6/12 for MSU and 2/17 for UVA, with one of those two coming in garbage time. UVA is very good defensively, but MSU is used to those half court slug fests. They can win in a variety of ways.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Throw the Zag's on the pile of teams that will most likely derail Kentucky.

The

Just made Iowa look like a JV team.

The older and more seasoned Zags are going to cause problems for the younger and less disciplined Cats.

Having caught two of the Zag's games here in San Francisco and Moraga... they're the real deal this year... and can bang with anyone in this tourney.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Sudden Sam wrote:Bama's next coach won again. Way to go, Shockers.

Kansas my be full of slow people... but, they are nowhere as slow as the people in bama.

State's coach would rather go coach a high school in Kansas before he would EVER step foot in the swamps of Ala "get down der" bama.

This doesn't make him special... it just makes him smarter then a southerner.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I get it -- you're trolling.

Gonzaga (and for GOD and God's sake, pronounce it right, announcers, et al -- gone-ZAG-uh) Is nofuckingwhere near the Palouse. And the Spokane Valley looks nothing like your pic.

Dumbass.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Dinsdale wrote:I get it -- you're trolling.

Gonzaga (and for GOD and God's sake, pronounce it right, announcers, et al -- gone-ZAG-uh) Is nofuckingwhere near the Palouse. And the Spokane Valley looks nothing like your pic.

Dumbass.

Easy beanpole.

Everything north of the California border is Canada to me.

As far as I'm concerned... everything east of Seattle/methcouver and west of the Bitterroot Mountains is the Palouse to me.

Just like the simpletons (slowcals) on this board are too stupid to realize that Los Angeles and the central valley are part of the desert (Mojave)

Sup, Kern and LA county ?

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:Wisky/UNC. This is a good fucking game.

That is all.
Bo Ryan getting bent over in the NCAA tournament? Ponderous.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:Wisky/UNC. This is a good fucking game.

That is all.
Bo Ryan getting bent over in the NCAA tournament? Ponderous.
Oops
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Rack Kurt Rambis for going back to college and taking it to zona

Old school (After his days growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area)

Going back to school for grad work... in the Queen City... and taking it to the desert rats.

The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Brandon Ashley (San Francisco Bay Area Guy) stepping up huge for the desert rats late...

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I wasn't feeling real comfortable throughout that game, and have serious doubts that they will get by Arizona. I think that team is running on fumes. Traevon went down right about the same time that Bo started losing faith in Vito Brown off the bench, and Dukan's production started falling off. Starters went from playing 25-30 minutes a game to more like mid-30s. Every fucking game.

Would love another shot at Kentucky, but Arizona's looking for the same thing with Wisky. I do believe that either team can take down Kentucky, though I have a $50 bet on Kentucky vs the field.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:I think they can make it to the final. Arizona didn't impress me that much last night. Kentucky... Well - that's a whole 'nother story there...
They can't get to the final without beating Kentucky.

They were fast-breaking a bit earlier in the season. Again, I think the starters are playing too many minutes and thus have less inclination to run the floor. I'm 62 years old. I'd love to see Wisky win one national championship in football or basketball before I cash in.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:Evidently, nobody has told the Wisky players that they are white. Helluva good game.
Those guys aren't just white...they're freakin' ghostly!
Nigel Hayes. Even their black guys have white names.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:Evidently, nobody has told the Wisky players that they are white. Helluva good game.
Those guys aren't just white...they're freakin' ghostly!
Nigel Hayes. Even their black guys have white names.
Well, yes, as long as they don't shorten it.

The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

wisconsin and arizona both looked good last night. they both turned it on when they needed to.

should be another classic battle of the Pac vs. Big 10... as well as, one of the best games of the tourney which could go either way.

Look for Utah, ta take out Duke tonight.

Utah's center is the real deal and will give Okafor all he can handle... and he's not Utah's best player... the guard is (Wright).

The Utes will also have to deal with the corp sponsors that want to see "Duke" in the finals.

The Pac has a long history of making Duke their bitch.

The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Unreal !!!

The corp sponsors just called a 3rd foul... on Utah's best player in the first half ???

The fix is in... to bad, and to sad.

Utah would have kicked Duke's ass tonight.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Good gawd... is "Duke" dirty !!!

Going for the knees on a "free throw" ???

Coach K is who we thought he was... a piece of shit !

Let's see how long "Wright" is allowed to stay in the 2nd half of the game.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

This is unreal... just put duke in the finals...

this shit is NOW blowing up on the twitterverse... it's gotten so bad.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Tough pulling for Wisco in these fanny pack uniforms. Atrocious.