So Mercer.

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: So Mercer.

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Rack Mercer and rack Macon, Ga.!

Is there a lazier sack of shit in all of college basketball than K? Jesus Christ, the NCAA does everything possible to spoon feed this guy NCAA tournament victories: They overseed his team and they ALWAYS give them de facto home games in NC. Yet he's so fucking lazy where he refuses to basically work, to improve his team's weaknesses (which are the same every year). Everyone knows his game plan, his strengths and weaknesses, he recruits the same types of players year in and year out. And because he's so predictable, when things go bad, his players resort to flopping and he resorts to blaming and berating officials and members of the press. And he gets embarrassed by smarter, harder working coaches.

I wouldn't piss on K if he were on fire.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Yeah, the sun seems brighter, the sky bluer, food tastes better...

:grin:
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Bob Hoffman was an assistant at Oklahoma for a couple years under Kelvin Sampson. local guy. he was responsible for drawing up in-bounds plays....among other responsibilities. for those seasons OU was freakishly good on the inbound running sets out of timeouts or out of bounds. the plays were beautiful to watch, well designed, lots of easy hoops. he had to leave when Kelvin wouldn't show contrition for violating the NCAA...but, i was a fan of Hoffman. i don't remember his role in all the Sampson mess but it was clear Hoffman could really coach. glad to see his current success.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screwy, you are a weapons grade stupid mofo.

I hate coach K as much or more than most. it's kind of the law in ct. but to call him lazy is about the stupidest fukking thing ever posted on the interwebs, besides what let's turd posts, that is.

so, the media chokes on his nuts sack.

wgara?

dude got to that point by being arguably the best coach of his era.

i hate that fukk as well, but, i'd take him as my coach. so would you.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

K is lazy. He recruits the same style and type of players EVERY YEAR. He runs the same schemes. His teams ALWAYS have the same attributes: relying on outside shooting, weak in the paint. Excellent coaches, like the guy at Mercer, see through his web of bullshit and deceit. Shit ACC coaches wet themselves at Cameron. Is K a great coach? Yeah, probably. Doesn't mean he isn't lazy. It's human nature.

Now go lop off some digits in a weed whacker accident.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Screwey is right to an extent. All too often K's game plan is simply jacking a bunch of threes. Or, that's not his game plan, and his players do it anyway, which reflects poorly on him. That works well at Cameron where they always seem to fall, but it's a little tougher on the road. They bombed 37 threes against Mercer. That's ridiculous. Mercer only shot 13. Duke is a powerhouse and they're playing bullshit mid major ball. That's like Nick Saban running the triple-option at Alabama. It makes no sense. K should be able to recruit the kinda guys that can dominate the interior, especially against 14 seeds from the Atlantic Sun. His teams are also soft defensively.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:K should be able to recruit the kinda guys that can dominate the interior, especially against 14 seeds from the Atlantic Sun.
That would require K to break his comfort zone, which we all know, he refuses to do.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Yes, Coach K does have a particular style he is comfortable with.

What is wrong with that?

That style has him 4 national titles and an assload of FF appearances.

Why should he change it?

I think he realizes that in today's one and done world, it makes more sense to go for the perimeter sharp shooters that are more likely to hang around than the paint monsters that rarely last more than a year if they are worth a fukk.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:I think he realizes that in today's one and done world, it makes more sense to go for the perimeter sharp shooters that are more likely to hang around than the paint monsters that rarely last more than a year if they are worth a fukk.
Translation--I don't want to work hard recruiting.

Thanks for making my point for me, ass fukk.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You got 14 teams in the SEC. You got two in the Sweet 16. Congrats, I guess.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Why do you insist on disparaging every mid-major with the ignorant "weak schedule" card? They simply got beat by a better team Sunday, not that they hadn't played anyone. Now back to fucking your sister and enforcing Jim Crow.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

What he said. Wichita went out exactly where I figured they would. Same with Creighton.

OTOH, Wisky scheduled strong out of conference and look where it got them. To the Sweet 16. Again.

I was at the Badger games in Milwaukeee. Saturday was the loudest arena I've been in since Deep Purple at the Coliseum back in 1973. Before the game this cute little hosebag from Oregon sitting behind me tried to explain to me how the crowd would not make any difference at all. :lol:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote: I was at the Badger games in Milwaukeee. Saturday was the loudest arena I've been in since Deep Purple at the Coliseum back in 1973. Before the game this cute little hosebag from Oregon sitting behind me tried to explain to me how the crowd would not make any difference at all. :lol:
Fuck the pod system and fuck you.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Pod system rules.

BTW, how did GW and Kalamazoo Tech do?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Wichita State is (was) a very good team, and not just in that scrappy senior-laden, mid-major kind of way. They have actual pro prospects. Cleanthony Early is a first rounder.

I don't think you can point to their schedule and say that's why they lost. They played in the same league last year and got to the Final Four, so the logic doesn't really hold up. There are good teams with weak schedules. There are bad teams with tough schedules. And everything in between. All that matters is if you can play ball. If UK went in there and ran them off the floor, then I guess you could validate the "fraud" claim, but it was a very competitive game between two teams that were trading daggers back and forth. Somebody had to lose, and it happened to be WSU. That's about all you can take from that game.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

WSU and Kentucky both played their hearts out. It was an absolutely great game. WSU lost because they missed too many free throws while Kentucky made theirs after getting cheap foul calls just by charging into the lane and drawing contact. Whatever, WSU was not a fraud.

Kentucky seeded 8th was the travesty, no way WSU should've had to face them in the 2nd round. They should've been no less than a 4 seed.

And then you have the freaking Gayhawks seeded a 2, whom Kentucky would've blown the fuck out.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:I love Wichita State.
No you don't, you hypocritical, piss-dribbling sack of shit.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sudden Sam wrote:Why should Kentucky have been seeded higher? They were mediocre in a terrible conference.
They were the 2nd place team in the SEC, but I see you working here.
To beat Wichita State, Kentucky put freshmen on the floor. Started 5 of 'em. I don't care who they are or how many stars they got, they are freshmen.

But they got beat...in a fantastic game...by freshmen.
Being freshmen is irrelevant, they had a full season under their belt. Many of them will be in the NBA in the next year or two. But you already knew that and again, I see you working.

pssst.... you're not fooling anyone.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:But when you play a weak schedule and are never challenged all year (actually Alabama almost beat them), it doesn't set you up for success in the tournament. Sure some little teams get on a roll (Florida Gulf Coast last year) and have a great tourney, but playing a tougher schedule has to be better for tournament success.
So how come the inverse of this logic is always ignored?

Kansas had the #1 SOS in the country. Why didn't they beat Stanford? Duke had the 6th toughest SOS. But I guess they just weren't battle-tested enough for Mercer, eh? It's the tournament. You can't make big picture statements about teams based on the result of ONE game, especially a game that could've gone either way. Does playing a tough SOS generally prepare you better for the tourney? Yeah, probably. But there are a ton of other variables. Like you already said before you got drunk on ESPN talking points, the tournament is about match-ups, and quite simply, who has the hot hand that day.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

What we've learned...

In BTPCFB, we always talk about "**Such-and-Such Conference** is weak. Therefore, their top team sucks."

But in NCAABB, we've learned that the entirety od D1 sucks. Worst collective group (of ~400, don't even know the current number, 378 stuck around for a bit) of D1 teams in recent memory. Not a well-put-together, dominant unit among them.

Just too many one-and-dones. Which is why a... pick one... Butler, Witchy St., Crieghton, St Joe's, Mercer, you see where I'm going here... teams that don't get the bigtime HS studs occasionally A) have a good (usually) young coach, and B) keep a group together for 3+ years, which can go farther that 6 5-stars, sometimes.

Buncha shitty teams this year. Can't think of a team that really impressed me this season. MSU has come closest, and Kansas brought the recruiting last time. Even ever-reliable Duke and UNC were short of decent talent.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:Freshmen, no matter how good, shouldn't beat a veteran bunch like WSU had.
Says who? This is an over-played narrative. Tell that to the 2012 Kentucky team, who steamrolled everybody. This year's UK class was the highest rated in the history of college basketball, who "got right" at the right time, so even if what you say is considered generally true, this would be a pretty good example of what is called an exception to the rule.
But in the tournament, yeah, matchups are more the key. Or a couple guys on the underdog team get hot, the higher seed can't hit its shots, it's over. Shockers-Wildcats was a great game, but it shouldn't have been. If WSU had played in a tougher conference, I think their vets woulda rolled Kentucky. I know...if, if, if. I'm just sayin' that babies shouldn't be able to win in the tournament against a senior-heavy team.
So Duke and Kansas lost, why? Didn't they play tough schedules?

Just STFU and stick to what you SECers know, which is foo..................food.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Food and sister fucking
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Way to spin it, Sally. Ari Fleischer would be proud.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:BTW, Mgo, I have Florida beating MSU, then Arizona to win it all. If those games do come to pass, they should both be hellacious battles.
Agree but unfortunately (or fortunately), MSU has its toughest test ahead of them. UVA is better than anybody they would ultimately face, except for maybe Louisville.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

If it's Florida, I won't mind. I like Billy Donovan. UK and Cheatapari can all die in a fire.