Colorado Buffaloes - champions again.

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Colorado Buffaloes - champions again.

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Okay, so the Charleston Classic might not be as prestigious as the inaugural Pac 12 Championship (and I doubt they'll commemorate it with a sandstone banner), but the Buffs looked pretty strong in wins against Dayton, #16 Baylor and Murray St. Hopefully this vaults us into the national rankings. At the very least, CU should be among the "others receiving votes." Askia Booker is a playmaker, and the Roberson/Scott tandem in the frontcourt has the potential to be deadly.

The Buffs have a week off and then have home games against Air Force, Texas Southern, a roadie to Wyoming and CSU back in Boulder. If they continue to play at the level they did this weekend, there's no reason they couldn't be 8-0 when they face the Jayhawks in Lawrence on 12/8. Then we'll see what this team is really made of...
"Keys, woman!"
The Seer
Just the Facts

Re: Colorado Buffaloes - champions again.

Post by The Seer »

:mrgreen:

Hoops season can't get going soon enough for you....
E PLURIBUS PLURIBUS
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Damn skippy. At least there's one team on campus that knows how to win.
"Keys, woman!"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The Seer wrote::mrgreen:

Hoops season can't get going soon enough for you....
IN.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

hope things work out with you and david harrison
why is my neighborhood on fire
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Bizzarofelice wrote:hope things work out with you and david harrison
Ill see your David Harrison reference and raise you a Derrick Chievous.
"Keys, woman!"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

By the by, #23 AP and #27 USA Today, bitches...
"Keys, woman!"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:By the by, #23 AP and #27 USA Today, bitches...
shoulder to shoulder....
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

but chievous was awesome
why is my neighborhood on fire
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Phil Pressey is awesomer.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

6-0 motherfuckers.

Last night could definitely qualify as a scabdick win, going to double-OT at home against a one-win Texas Southern team, but I'll take it. I think the Buffs got caught looking ahead to their upcoming stretch against undefeated Wyoming, undefeated CSU and #10 Kansas, but just the fact that they're looking ahead at all shows how far this team has come. It wasn't the prettiest win, but they showed some poise in overcoming some unexpected adversity. Hopefully Boyle put the fear of god in them, because Wyoming and CSU are not teams you can afford to look past.

Kinda sad to think that the football team's 11 losses in 12 regular season games will probably be more than the hoops squad will accumulate in 30. Times they are a-changin'...
"Keys, woman!"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Wow. If today's game was supposed to serve as a measuring stick, the Buffs came up woefully short. Just a thorough ass-kicking from buzzer to buzzer by the Chickenhawks. CU looked like it had its football team out there on the court.

I was willing to write off the loss in Laramie as a tough stumble against an underrated Wyoming squad, and I could've lived with a loss today if the Buffs had been able to look respectable in the process. Instead, they looked like a team that got exposed. These guys have to learn how to win on the road if they plan to last more than one weekend in the big dance.
"Keys, woman!"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Drove down to Tucson for the game last night. CU got hosed, but, you know... blown calls, 5th downs, shit happens. If the Buffs make their free throws down the stretch, it doesn't even come down to that shot. Tough loss to stomach, and there might be no such thing as a moral victory, but you've gotta figure that if CU ends up as a bubble team, that game works in their favor. Should be a good grudge match in Boulder.

UA fans seem like a classy bunch, if a little reserved. I was expecting McKale Center to be pretty crazy, but I guess the combination of the students still being out of town and the home team getting outplayed for 39 minutes and change kind of took the wind out of their sails...
"Keys, woman!"
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Buffs were boned.
E PLURIBUS PLURIBUS
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Revenge is sweet. Didn't even give the zeebs a chance to get involved tonight. ASU up next on the revenge docket, and the conference lead is within reach...
"Keys, woman!"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Revenge is sweet. Didn't even give the zeebs a chance to get involved tonight. ASU up next on the revenge docket, and the conference lead is within reach...
one step forward, one step back for CU hoops.
listened to the ASU game on KOA.
still, i think this team finds a way into the NCAA tournament.

rpi is good.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

That does seem to be the case. I was listening to the radio broadcast as well and the KOA guys were making it sound like it was just a hack-fest, especially after that big-ass Polack knocked Scott out of the game. Got home in time to watch the last five minutes and OT. Dinwiddie took a mean shot to the grille in the closing seconds that resulted in a no-call and forced him out of the game. I hate to be "blame it on the zeebs" guy, but that was pretty awful. Still, ASU is a surprisingly good team this year, and you can't expect to beat them by shooting as poorly as CU did.

Boyle just needs to make these guys understand in no uncertain terms that if a game comes down to the wire, they're not gonna get any love from the Pac 12 refs. Barring a complete collapse over the last five games, I think the Buffs are in the Dance, but they need to put teams away early. Between their horrible free throw shooting (besides Dinwiddie) and the godawful conference refereeing, I don't like CU's chances late in a tight game.
"Keys, woman!"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Let the record show that at 1:11 am MST on November 18, the hoops team equaled the football team's win total already. Does Papa Willie ever peek at this forum? Auburn looked pretty awful tonight.
"Keys, woman!"
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Yeah, they pretty much kicked the Jayhawks in their lady parts the entire game.
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”