BBCOR bats

PING!

The Tourney has begun!

Moderators: Left Seater, Mr T

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

BBCOR bats

Post by SoCalTrjn »

My son started the season with a BBCOR Voodoo and the thing was a dud, zero pop to that bat, it is so bad that Wilson is already replacing it in May of this year. When the CIF allowed the CF4 I went out and got him one and the pop is back but who knows what Im going to do next year. Anyone know if the Easton Omen is a better bat or LS's Z1000?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: BBCOR bats

Post by Goober McTuber »

If he can't hit with this, he's too much of a pussy ('sup, chip off the old block) to play organized baseball.

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
dingus
Jake

Post by dingus »

We have to replace all our bats (BESR) next year for HS ball. All I've heard about the BBCOR bats is bad news, not that getting the bats closer to wood and having to hit the way hitting is meant to be is a bad thing, but these bats suck-and cost big bucks. Look at college stats this year, again better than the days of the days of the 22-15 CWS finals. Good news is that I have a lot of pitching for a small HS.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

dingus wrote:We have to replace all our bats (BESR) next year for HS ball. All I've heard about the BBCOR bats is bad news, not that getting the bats closer to wood and having to hit the way hitting is meant to be is a bad thing, but these bats suck-and cost big bucks. Look at college stats this year, again better than the days of the days of the 22-15 CWS finals. Good news is that I have a lot of pitching for a small HS.
22-15 was like 1998 when USC beat ASU in the title game. The Bats have been changed twice since then

BESR bats were banned in California by the CIF this year with one exception, the 2011 Demarini CF4, it was cleared for HS play only because Wilson paid the HS organizations an ass load of money to allow the bats since they were all ready built.

My son ended the season hitting .631 with 6 HRs on the Frosh team and hit .305 in the few games on Varsity he got to play. I did buy him a CF4 though after he started the season hitting .406 with 0 HRs. He is playing with a new BBCOR bat in summer league now.
dingus
Jake

Post by dingus »

Christ, how good is the varsity. I know I could have snuck him into a game or 26 that we played this year. Good for him, must be fun to watch. I got to see m nephew play this weekend in a Legion tournament-woodbat-interesting watching kids use them although most good players are practicing with woodies anyway. My nephew's a stud, at least definitely a CC/ college prospect, and he's only a junior this year.

I remembered that it was USC that won, but what I remembered most was that the game was a fucking farce. 22-15 just isn't baseball, at least it shouldn't be CWS baseball.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

dingus wrote:Christ, how good is the varsity. I know I could have snuck him into a game or 26 that we played this year. Good for him, must be fun to watch. I got to see m nephew play this weekend in a Legion tournament-woodbat-interesting watching kids use them although most good players are practicing with woodies anyway. My nephew's a stud, at least definitely a CC/ college prospect, and he's only a junior this year.

I remembered that it was USC that won, but what I remembered most was that the game was a fucking farce. 22-15 just isn't baseball, at least it shouldn't be CWS baseball.

The pitching a 15 year old is going to see in Southern California Varsity baseball games is sickening compared to the other 9th graders that were pitching to him in Frosh ball. Also the JV fields tend to be 330 to 350 feet all the way around while the Varsity field at his school is 380 down the lines and 400 to dead center. My older son is in a wood bat league this summer too, the BBCOR bats he said have less pop than the Bamboo bats he has been using the last month or so.
dingus
Jake

Post by dingus »

That's what the local CC players/coaches are saying-it's a compo/woody league and most guys are using wood because the BBCOR bats suck. Shit, they ping like the original aluminum bats in the 70's and 80's. It could play to our advantage because I do have the most/best pitching coming back and we pitch inside all the damn time anyway. Maybe it will take away the infamous SCAC (name of the league) bork, i.e. the little off field humpback whale that falls in between 1st and 2nd just off the dirt-guys in our league make all league doing that shit. I need to buy 3-4 team bats-small school baseball, I've got a hard core of about 8 guys who play summer and will buy their own bats. I wonder if I should wait and see if the 2012 models will be any better.