LSU & Texas in drivers seat

PING!

The Tourney has begun!

Moderators: Left Seater, Mr T

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

LSU & Texas in drivers seat

Post by Left Seater »

Both are 2-0 and get two days off before they play again. Both of their opponents will have had to win either three or four straight elimination games to oust them.

Freakin' Texas is nails. Winning a 25 inning game 3-2, comming back in the regional down 4 in the bottom of the 9th to win by 4, winning game three of the Super Regional, then falling behind 0-6 against the two time Pac10 pitcher of the year only to win 10-6. And to think we beat them handily this season. I guess that really is just another game to them.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Python
Elwood

Re: LSU & Texas in drivers seat

Post by Python »

Left Seater wrote:Freakin' Texas is nails. Winning a 25 inning game 3-2, comming back in the regional down 4 in the bottom of the 9th to win by 4, winning game three of the Super Regional, then falling behind 0-6 against the two time Pac10 pitcher of the year only to win 10-6.
That's not "nails". That's struggling. I'd be worried.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Jsc810 wrote:Py, I believe LS is a Rice fan and not UTexas.
Then forget about the "I'd be worried" part. Everything he said still proves Texas is struggling.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

LSU man handles Arkansas. Texas struggles again to pull one out. Texas is going down in the best of three series.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

This should be epic. Two of college baseballs biggest teams going toe to toe for the ship.

I got LSU in 3.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

LSU got the clutch hits when they needed it. As I watched all the power hitters leave the game.....I kept thinking.....what happens if we blow the game? Well, we saw it. Late in the game, the pitchers could not throw strikes and when they did, they got hit. Props to LSU for getting the hits when the game was on the line.

The only positive I take away was Ott threw a ton of pitches. We need to piece a few together to try and scratch a game out. If we can get to Wednesday, we can throw Green. I like our chances. We need to hit the ball and get some clutch 2 out hits with guys on. We did not do this tonight.

These are definitely the 2 best teams in the country.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Harvdog wrote: We need to hit the ball.
Brilliant.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Python wrote:
Harvdog wrote: We need to hit the ball.
Brilliant.
Actually "Brilliant" would be what you have given to this forum. Your absolute "Brilliance" and commentary have been riveting. With so much to say, you do it with so few words. That my friend is "Brilliant."

:meds:

Maybe I should try it your way. Texas did not get a hit after the 6th inning. We had guys on base in scoring position with less than 2 outs and failed to get the run home multiple times. I am not sure of your baseball IQ but that says to me that we need to hit the ball better. We didn't and lost. Check that....you are right, short and sweet analysis of a great post, I was absolutely "Brilliant".
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Harvdog wrote:Texas did not get a hit after the 6th inning.
Fell asleep during the game, huh?
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Well, well, well.....1 game for all the marbles. I do not know much about LSU's pitcher but I like Green for Texas. He has been our best and most consistent starter this year. We need 6 strong and then get the bullpen in. Jungmann did a fantastic job tonight an we actually got a few hits with ducks on the pond.

Should be epic. So far....this CWS has been

Hook'em
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Ooh, ooh... let me try.

More hits good. More runs good. Good pitching good. My team good.

Hook 'em. (Do you guys have any idea how really idiotic you look doing that pathetic hand sign thing all the time? I mean really, do you have a clue?)
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Whole lotta VVVVVVV going on in here.

Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Well that was easy.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Sudden Sam wrote: The Arkansas-Virginia game where UVA had runners at 3rd like 4 innings in a row and the Hogs kept them from getting a run, eventually winning...whoa.
Do you remember that? Yeah, that was awesome.